Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/881316873685618690

Emmanuel Macron: Speaks French, born in France, lived entire life in France, is President of France.

Eve Peyser: Went to Oberlin, where she presumably watched at least one english-language adaptation of Les Mis

Not sure which of these two has a better grasp on French history and political culture.

ya clearly the natural state of the frenchman is serfdom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

i thought the suck zone was allegedly good now

suck comes in

suck goes out

you can't explain that

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Al! posted:

did the power rangers ever fight a monster that was a gigantic bow tie

harlan hill is a kaiju???

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

Suck salt was a product made of salt pressed into a stick, which is licked by the consumer. Amarie enjoyed this, although she characterized it as a "nasty habit". When offered a stick, William T. Riker stated that he "never cared for it". (TNG: "Unification II")

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why do these uptown white people keep accusing everyone of being racist?

only bad people don't like hillary clinton

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

loquacius posted:

I'm going to ask a question that a whole lot of Clintonites have asked before, because apparently I don't know the answer either

what does "progressive" even loving mean anymore jesus

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Joementum posted:

"progressive" has looped back around and it's now all about eugenics and reordering europe again

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

so what i'm getting here is if we kick out pelosi & turn around mueller's telescsope we'll be okay

& recruit ed balls

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

the explicit and literal purpose of life is to consume

all life beyond the mitochondrial level is nothing but more complicated methods of consuming energy that is selfishly advantageous to that specific form of life

mitochondria are the original slaves

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

fits my needs posted:

Bernie fucks

but will that end racism?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

anime was right posted:

the only thing chad destroys is bud light

millenials are killing bud light

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

seymour hersh is correct about syria

whatever his value in the past his syria stuff is smoothbrained af

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

zegermans posted:

Speaking of Buttigeig remember when Donna Brazile couldn't be bothered to even try to figure out how to pronounce his name before the DNC elections

I mean jesus gently caress what an awful disrespectful idiot.

booty judge is ready

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Zhulik posted:

This is 100% a false flag and a cia psyop.

I'm further smoothening my brain with potent self-talk techniques so that it may better deflect perfidious falsehoods of the deep state.

if you achieve a perfectly smooth orbular brain there will be no crevices for falsehood to seep into

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

we should make a giant banner of this and unfurl it during pete's speech at the 2020 dnc

how about a reenactment of the depicted scene

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

matt y is still a baby at understanding poo poo like this give him time

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

*soapbox*

Yes, overpopulation is a problem. Yes, we would be significantly better off today if we had half the population that we do now, with very little reduction in actual quality of living. Yes, first-world countries consume and waste an extreme amount of resources, and this must be addressed.

There is absolutely no reason we need to have more than 7 billion people on the planet, it literally only benefits the wealthy for this many people to exist because each additional person means more labor to leech from. You will never meet more than a million people in your entire lifetime, and probably not even more than a hundred thousand people.

People go "Haha we can just fit everyone in the planet in Texas, overpopulation doesn't matter" and it is stupid and credulous because it ignores A) the absolutely massive infrastructural effort it takes to build more and more cities and human habitats, B) that most places on the planet aren't actually inhabitable, desirable, or even a good idea to live in (eg Phoenix AZ), C) the impact of human consumption on wildlife (overfishing is already a biiig problem) D) that it actually sucks bigly to subsist off insect paste and soy while living in your 200 sqft apartment and that the more people there are the less choice you will have about this E) the bigger the population becomes the more complicated transportation becomes and the less enjoyable it is to travel and to go to places like parks, historical monuments, etc F) the more people there are the less each individual person matters to other people or to the system and the less effectively you are represented in government

Birth rates are going down as people become more educated and standards of living improves, but hoo boy if they didn't we are in serious trouble. Even with birth rates leveling off it's looking like we're going to have 10 billion people by the middle of the century. I cannot see anything positive coming of this.

if we had a rationally set up society, a high population would be objectively better in some ways. like for example scientific discovery has accelerated a lot in the last few decades from both more education (the usual explanation) but also from the sheer quantity of intelligent scientifically inclined people increasing. of course government resources for education and research have not kept up in most places and a lot of those people are not actually researching as a result, but even with that being the case the pace of discovery has accelerated. there are a lot of downsides too obviously but it's not all bad

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

At least we won't get Zuck/Booker on the same ticket cause they're both from New Jersey. That's still a thing right?

zooker 2020

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

whoa hard slam on powerball outta nowhere

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

another example is on the something awful forums, where every poster is counted as white

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

logikv9 posted:

where can I buy those tactical pens

when you buy a tactical sharpie you are also buying the dream of drawing dicks on someone

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Hillary 🌹is my hero ISHA meditator I am mother to🚶🏼💃🦅🌎🌈in yoga this 🙏🏽means we are one . please no LIST / berners/ trumpers . #FBR . 🌹🌹🌹🙏🏽

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

got any sevens posted:

ron paul avatar

Darkman Fanpage posted:

jokes are illegal

the suck zone

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

thinking someone w/ a ron paul coin avatar that says kill you're parents is an earnest ron paul supporter is peak suck zone like way above anything else

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

zegermans posted:

all political memes are wrong, cringey, and stupid. mlmp

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

It's kind of weird how many Shillbots now try to claim that prison labor isn't slave labor lol

abuela cannot fail she can only be failed

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Actually those prisoners should be thanking Hillary for letting them work for Amazon Fresh :grin:

the freezers already double as prisons sounds good

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

there is no higher office than mayor of south bend

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

all other women can stay tho

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Serf posted:

just send the d&d-ers back there first

d&d not sending their best posters, they're jeb haters, they're day crew, etc.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Lessail posted:

would it be

Sanders-san

or

Sanders-sama

????

Sanders-dono

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I tweet at that woman and suddenly Twitter thinks I'm a bot

:thunk:

did it tell you to shut down in russian???

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

got any sevens posted:

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

From even the greatest of horrors, irony is seldom absent.

I shall never be very merry or very sad, for I am more prone to analyze than to feel.

The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

Lovecraft wouldve loved lf

lovecraft strikes me more as an r/the_donald regular

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Suck Zone: YEAH JEETS

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

MaxxBot posted:

Usually the Vox podcast is tolerable but they did one on basic income and it's just a one hour rant about how basic income is bad and strict means testing is good :negative:

why does everyone in the world love bad things???

must be all the negative orgones or smth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i wonder if there are still russian bots/paid shitposters imitating bernie supporters and being virulently racist/sexist in the process

it would explain a lot

• Locked thread