Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Chairman Meow says crush the bourgeoisie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Jazerus posted:

mcgovern is the real answer to "when have the dems been too ambitious"

but mcgovern would win today so

McGovern probably would have run if Nixon hasn't fomented so much bad blood between the democrats

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

???? makes perfect sense to me

These people deserve to be shot. I finally get why the Bolsheviks were so quick to that as their first option

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

loquacius posted:

The Russia stuff is hilariously illegal and will eventually lead to a bunch of Trump upper brass being sent to jail which owns,

LOL this will never happen. Prison is for the proles not the powerful

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Anyone got a source on this?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

skip to about 6:30. it's not just a throwaway joke, it's a whole bit that goes on for like four minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np2XrGyKkAM

Jesus H. loving Christ on the Goddamn Cross! What strike has ever ended because of tear gas! What utter loving scum

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

Because the Soviets sucked.

Good thing Trotskyism wasn't the ideology oid the Soviet Union

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I've been laughing at the quoted tweet for 10 minutes it's beautiful

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Some gems from facebook

Some Idiot posted:

I don't think Hillary deserves the flack she's getting in this thread, but whatever. It's still happening all over America.

From the outside looking in, I despised the polarising nature of the Democratic primaries. This is something I've seen up front in Canadian leadership races, where leadership candidates will occasionally have to mind themselves from getting too personal, lest their create too much ammunition for the opposition to use against them in the next election.

I do blame in part, the Bernie-or-Bust movement. We know that many of those people voted for Trump because they had built up in their minds an image of Hillary as a villain.

And now we are still at the point where we can't talk about this rationally, where Hillary cannot even explain her side of the story without being accused again, of not taking responsibility. She is taking responsibility, but she's also allowed to explain in great detail exactly what she saw.

Course I still think Hillary's biggest obstacle was the fact that she's a woman. I just can't see past this one truth I've always seen in politics, that in the court of public opinion, scandal sticks to women, older women especially far more than it sticks to men.

Some Idiot continued posted:

This also speaks to another inherent frustration with politics, wherein it's one person's political record vs a guy who just has said a bunch of stuff. Inevitably, one gets challenged for all these difficult decisions they had to make while in office at high positions, and the other one can just shout loudly with nothing to be held accountable for.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lessail posted:

she's such an awful person lol

Has to be the worst politician in a century easily

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

safely sodomized posted:

hillary running a murder inc in DC to kill off her enemies would probably improve my opinion of her at this point, at least it means she goes to some sort of effort to win

Yeah but it would exclusively be aimed at like Bernie Sanders, and progressive activists and not a single Republican

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

etalian posted:

Remember how MAGA legions claimed one reason to vote for Trump is that his business experiences means he would find the most qualified people the world?

A vote for Trump was a vote saying yes you want to American Empire to go through a hilarious dramatic death.

Trump, good?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

She was tricked! You can't blame Clinton for voting for the Iraq War, that silver-tongued devil George W. Bush clouded her mind and fooled her senses with his elaborately constructed deceit.

No I thought she did it because of she didn't New York City would never get rebuilding funds for 9/11. That they would somehow be unable to use that to spin electoral success in no way should reflect negatively on them

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So Trump is saying we might have no choice but to destroy North Korea at the UN this morning

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Scent of Worf posted:

anyone know what an eight percenter is?

HENRYs and up the top 8 percent of wealth before you hit the 1 percent of disgustingly wealthy people

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

the bitcoin of weed posted:

this is important

guillotine landlords and double-guillotine developers

I've been watching that Ken Burns PBS documentary about the Vietnam war and while over all is pretty good, every now and than them bring up the communists going around and killing landlords as a bad thing and it just rubs me the wrong way

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

why don;'t you count obama as a boomer?

he's self-absorbed, neoliberal, preoccupied with enriching himself above all other things, and full of hubris---all of the things I see attributed to boomers on a regular basis.

I thought Obama was Gen X, the only people worse than Boomers

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

These people make me think Stalin was right

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nonsense posted:

nationalistically

Remember during the Democratic Convention when some people said the sheer amount of Americana and Jingo on display was kind of gross as off putting like it belonged more at the GOP convention and the defense from the Baddems was that the Democrats needed to retake "patriotism"

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

Clinton delegates were reportedly instructed to chant "U.S.A." when Sanders delegates chanted "No more war," and "Hillary" when Sanders delegates chanted "Stop the TPP."

[there was a graphic going around a couple months ago of all the counter-yells hillary delegates were told to use against bernie delegates but I can't find it]

Last year they really proved that they couldn't wait to become the alternate Right Wing Party and Clinton Cultists will forever be pissed that it failed

Lastgirl posted:

cool cool cool

le centrisme going very swimmingly in germany and france literally showing that its all a gateway to right wing nationalism :thumbsup:

fkn neck yerselves centrists

mushmouth chamberlain appeasement rear end motherfuckers

So what is up with the French and German Left, why couldn't they translate this into gains? Like I get the SPD has gone Neo-Lib, but is Die Linke just too associated with the DDR?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Good game

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

etalian posted:

The Expanse is really good.

I read the the first book and I lime it so far, but a ground of mine said the man character becomes intolerablely smug by the 4th book

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

look @ this nerd who reads books instead of watching tv :smug:

I've even read Kapital

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

babypolis posted:

my opinion of obama wasnt very high to begin with but i had respect for him, these days hes straight up garbage to me. his post presidency has been particularly heinous and i think the fear of his legacy being tarnished is only gonna make it worse

What was this? It's been deleted now?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

babypolis posted:

a case of someone thinking old news was new news, obama saying kapernick should consider the pain of military families. i thought it was recent too but my point about obama being garbage still stands

What does it matter if it's old news? Hiliary keeping slaves is old news as well. It establishes that he's always been garbage

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

Well in first world capitalism they did it slightly differently in that the people they immiserated were in other countries

Do you actually have no idea about the history of Capitalism and how it came about? Three enclosure movement in England, urbanization in the US. Capital has slays started off by driving rural people into cities to hey jobs in factories. The workers of the West weren't always Labour Aristocrats

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

A friend of mine told me that Frank Connif got kicked off of Dore's podcast for being too much of a Hilbot

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I'm going to cross post this from the Chapo thread

The Libs really are doubling down on supporting the arguments of reactionaries from the 60s

The History of Russian Involvement in America's Race Wars

The loving Atlantic posted:

The point then, as it was in 2016, was to discredit the American system, to keep the Soviets (and, later, Russians) loyal to their own system instead of hungering for Western-style democracy. But it was also used in Soviet propaganda around the world for a similar purpose. “This is a principal Soviet propaganda theme,” says Dudziak of the Soviet messaging at the time. “What’s described as communist propaganda that circulated in India overplays the story sometimes but also very maudlin stories about things that actually happened. Sometimes, in Pravda, all they needed to do was to reprint something that appeared in Time Magazine. Just the facts would themselves inflame international opinion. On top of that, the Soviets would push the envelope.”

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lol the line in seeing is this doesn't matter because look asy the hypocrisy of Bernie Bros believing Donna Brazile after how they treated her during the election (I really hate that TVs Frank is a Hillbot)

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Over Easy posted:

https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/926256477471428608

Come on kid, these centrist fuckers were against gay rights in big, depressing ways until the needle on the public opinion meter edged into pro-gay (more like less vehemently anti-gay) territory only half of a decade ago. Why, why, why do some of my fellow homocitizens STILL have such raging beautiful hard cocks for the corporate dems?

We are a bloody shirt waved from the corporate battlements by the HR representatives that populate the establishment apparatus. We should be mad bout that poo poo!

Because affluence trumps all that. He is completely acting within his class interest. And if he's not, than he's just another loving moron

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Well now I don't want to go vote today

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

MaxxBot posted:

Not satisfied with just rehabilitating GWB now the resistors have moved on to another terrible idea.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/929679813702508544
https://twitter.com/benjaminwittes/status/929370405068034049

I got into an argument the other day about this with a few people that the history of the CIA has literally given us zero reason to trust their judgment. I of course got called a fool and Trump supporter and told that I have to pick a side. Then when I had the gall to suggest that these institutions will not save us from fascism and that institutions have never saved people from fascism, I was than called laughably stupid and asked if I ever heard of the 8th Airforce. And that Institutions are the reason I'm not speaking German today. All this from a guy who moved to Canada right before the election, who tells everyone he knows they should get out of the US now because its a lost cause.

Frijolero posted:

NPR loving blows.

I was just listening to it a few minutes ago. They're talking about how China is tricksy and corrupt in their capitalism whereas we respect the rule of law too much, as such China is owning us economically.

I always enjoy when people dismiss how the Soviets and Nazis got out of the great depression by just hand waving it away and saying well they were using funny money so it doesn't count what they said the value of their money was

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

If Russia really did hijack the US elections, we deserved it

Russia uses videogame screenshot as proof US is arming ISIS

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Thoguh posted:

It's a big deal that a bunch of people compromised by Russia are openly operating at high levels of government.

When do we apply this same logic to the people in our government compromised by Israel, Saudi Arabia, etc, etc. If it's only an issue when it Russia than no that's the distraction from American politics.

Christ in the 90s wasn't there some issue with Clinton getting election money from the Chinese government investors or something like that

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hot take: this specifically isn't very threatening because Elon Musk can't build poo poo for poo poo.

Which only makes this cult following he has among nerds and liberals more infuriating

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Just got the hottest take on that Tabbi except when I used that to say gently caress Obama. Abbr it was that well I need to learn to compromise.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Why does anyone bother engaging with CC after the Donna Brazile thing?

The French and Russians showed us what your supposed to do with Royals. People the love and support parasitic aristocrats are class traitors. Republicanism forever

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

:wrong:

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I wonder how Macy of them turned their back on him this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Peak Liberalism

• Locked thread