Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This is my first time experiencing the legendary steam summer sale since I've been a console gamer for 15+ years and just got back to PC and... it sucks? Nothing I am interested in is any cheaper than it has been in previous sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Knight posted:

Was talking with some people IRL who were disappointed with the summer sale so they didn't buy anything. Then we started talking about games we're currently playing and I realize they're all talking about new releases they bought at full price (NieR, BATTLEGROUNDS, Ft13, Prey, etc). I mean, if you already bought the game at full price, then I can understand why DOOM and Dishonored 2 being at their lowest prices isn't impressive. :shrug:

I'm in this boat. I get everything new with 20+% off on Amazon (several upcoming games are already $30 off due to a Walmart price war/auto price matching) so I get to play them new instead of when the playerbase is dead (I play lots of mulitplayer) for maybe a few bucks more. I can't find anything interesting that I haven't played already.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Away all Goats posted:

should I buy phantom pain? Kinda bored of open world shooters but someone told me it has a pokemon-like collecting but with soldiers. also you get to build up a base.

It's super fun at first but almost no one gets more than halfway done and apparently Kojima forgot to finish it anyway.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dogmeat posted:

Did Mad Max turn out ok? I remember some complaining about it when it came out but now the reviews look really good and it's pretty cheap.

Worth a try at that price. Much like MGS V, it makes a great first impression but really really drags in the middle. I couldn't force myself through it and I am a fan of most ubisoft open world games.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bob James posted:

Look at the savings.

My 71 year old dad plays a game called X Plane with micro transactions almost as bad as this and I'm really afraid he's turned into a "whale."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nope, buy Cities Skylines instead.

• Locked thread