Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

Despite what incels imagine about the pre-feminism utopia, there were always sexless losers. A fair number of them seem to be NEETs, living with their parents or on disability, on the spectrum, unemployable, with no social skills at all and no status in the community. There was no point in history where fathers were happily handing off their daughters to guys like that.

Yeah, if you read old documentation, this phenomenon isn't new at all. There have always been parents will really lovely kids they can't seem to marry off to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Eliot Rodger is a bit of an odd one out because I don't get the impression most of these men actually come from rich families.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

HAT FETISH posted:

incel as a concept is inextricably wrapped up in middle class aspirational bullshit, imo

That's a really keen observation and I think you're right.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

nigga crab pollock posted:

i dunno the kid was clearly mentally ill. like not just a narcissist but a venomous narcissist. regular ol narcissists dont have problems getting sex, how lovely of a person do you have to be to be decent looking, be set up with rich parents, and still never even manage to get anyone to bone you? narcissism to the extreme that you cannot even bear the implicit social mores required in the presence of other people and writing a hundred page manifesto entirely about why he deserves sex

incels just lack the social skills to even understand what they're doing wrong and feel entitled to hot babes

I think he was mentally ill in a way most of the community isn't, that's for sure. He had some other stuff going on. Most of these guys just suck and don't realize they can still get laid, it'll just be with women who also suck, as god intended.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

nigga crab pollock posted:

idk just casually reading into The Curious Case Of Elliot Rodger its very clear his parents were only vaguely aware of his personal issues that were very obviously the fulcrum of his identity and had been since puberty and caused by a mix of severe developmental neglect and showering with grandiose empty praise because they saw their child as a tool to further their self image despite clearly ignoring him

He cried because he didn't win the lottery and took it personally.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
He's rated as having what, half a million or something? That's not much.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

nerd plus rage posted:

In all the hilarious stuff in the Elliot Rodger saga the image of him having a sobbing meltdown over not winning the lottery is the funniest to me.

The funniest to me is him writing down the fact that he cried because he didn't win the lottery.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ups_rail posted:

Is there anime for incels?

yes it's called "anime"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

Well, nobody's perfect!

One of my favorite movies

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Indeed.

It's probably the only "guys go undercover as women" movie that actually did it well, though I hear Marilyn Monroe was a complete mess on set.

Well among other things it's not actually making fun of women as it does so, which helps.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

Coast Guard Reserves

gently caress you, the Coast Guard is actually really hardcore.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Guy Mann posted:

Incels are so repulsive and broken that it loops around to making me want to hold one in my arms as he cries and raise him like a baby bird that has fallen out of its nest, teaching him how to cook and clean and take care of himself, working through all his neuroses with lots of patience and lube, pushing him into getting a job and therapy with a stern but caring hand, eventually letting him back into the world just a little better than he was when we first met. Sadly it will never be because the fantasy of fixing someone with the power of love and good intentions is just that: a fantasy.

indeed.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think you are mostly right, but I think that you are still missing a few things. Sure, the delivery boy might be an idiot, but ultimately he knows that the most effective thing you can do for another person is to make them feel important and feel special. Her previous husband might've been intelligent in many ways, but he is kind of dumb if he hadn't figured that out. It doesn't matter if you love another person if you don't communicate it to them. Ultimately, most people will go to where they feel loved.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

What a loving bastard

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ups_rail posted:

Hey pick glade your okay but

HAHAHA....HAHAHA

I wont continue the story of the lady or giving any more information on her, for fear of doxx'ing her, but she didnt have a happily ever after with the pizza dude, or the dude after that, or the dude after that or the two marriages after that.

So I am engaged right, I've also been in some pretty lovely lovely relationships and I will man up and admit that i ve been both the lovely person in some and the receiver in others.

My gf resents that she is paying for the mistakes of my ex's (her words) and I got a friends mom saying

"its all about compromise"

and other women saying

"you just need to communicate"

I just laugh at them and say "gently caress no"

For dinner she wants chinese? you want mexican? you compromise and get Italian? WTF

Compromise is not a panacea, I've seen first hand a friend wanted a hard mattress and his wife wanted a soft mattress so they compromised and spent a few years both sleeping lovely and finally got their own beds

She wants to go to paris for vacation you want to go to germany so you go to spain?

You wanna have kids she doesnt wanna have kids? I've loving seen that one play out, there is no loving compromise in that issue, and it got loving ugly. gently caress I lost that relationship cause I flat out told them

"this isnt something you can compromise on, poo poo it happened in my extended family and it was a god drat deal breaker"

Communication? That can make poo poo a million times worse

In my youth I believed in being emotionally available to my gf, in telling everything in being open.

I learned you dont tell them poo poo about your ex's period and that its best to

Because the truth is she doesnt need to know, she might want to know or think she wants to know but that knowledge will not make her happy.

I finally got that lesson from two experiences when I've had partners out of the loving blue bring up my ex's, Like literally out of the blue they are angry that I was with that black girl in college, I was stunned going "I never bring up your two marriages why are you bringing that up?" Then years later a woman I've had a long and unhealthy relationship with started bring up my ex's name in angry texts. That time I had the sense to say

"Those are my ex's name and I was with them, that is my past, nothing will ever change it, and I will never apologize for it, bringing it up doesnt hurt me or really matter."

The other reason I hate the "just communicate" advice is that they never loving mention something even more important

YOU CAN NEVER TAKE IT BACK

Be loving careful about what you say. Me and the girl had a thing happen. The result was her crying and me in whirlwind of anger/depression/rejection.

I kept my mouth shut because I knew expressing how I felt in the moment would not be constructive and it would be best to wait and see how I felt later, and honestly that issue has been worked on and improved.

Okay to swing back around to incels my idea is that they start at some point in their youth with a hosed up socialization. I bet the internet has exacerbated this, as they get older they get more bitter at their failure with girls, and pretty soon they internalize their being losers untill it becomes part of their own identity.

Look man, this is going to blow your mind, but she's doing what, from her point of view, is probably the smart thing.

If she was with her first husband and not happy, and didn't see any way to make it a happy situation, then she's facing down being unhappy for the rest of her life. She figures she might be happy with one of the other seven billion people on Earth. She goes and hops from wannabe fairtytale romance to wannabe fairytale romance with horrible idiots, and she gets days of being blissfully happy, continuing to roll the dice and see if this one might be the one that keeps her happy medium or long-term where her first husband could not. Will it work? Probably not, but depending on how hard she worked on the first marriage, and how flexible it was, then gambling was and remains her only shot.

You're advocating the sunk cost fallacy, man. It doesn't matter how fat she is or was. If she was miserable she was miserable and the trappings don't matter. I don't give a gently caress if I have a $100,000 mattress if the only thing I do on it is have bad sex with someone I resent.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bewbies posted:

I share a lot of this incel content with my wife and she demands to know what percent can be reliably counted as genuine.

I've met some of these guys irl.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

You tried to gently caress one for years. Further proof incels don't actually want sex.

mmm

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
yep.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

The piece is called "The Undatables" but only one of them seems to fit that description 🤔

There was a show called that in the BBC, and interestingly, though the people with dwarfism and etc. seemed to do fine, the handsome normal-looking guy with Aspergers really fit the description.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Literally A Person posted:

In the incel fantasy though aren't modern women only happy with Chadly S. Chadmire anyway?

Don't look for internal consistency.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Yo if you put a white mask over your face and show off your six pack abs there is a literally endless supply of theater people who will listen to your music of the night.

Tanz der Vampire has been onstange somewhere since like 1997

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Literally A Person posted:

Sometimes you almost feel sympathy. Then the whole "this person is probably a rapist" thing kicks in and your like, Nah, this person is not cool or good.

triggered by a waif eating a ham burger

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
jesus poo poo have any of these dorks come across the notion of spending this much effort developing their empathy

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Quote-Unquote posted:

Empathy is only for beta cucks. You wouldn't understand this though, you stupid femoid, because you're too busy loving three or four chads at once and your worthless FHO brain can't understand the true nature of The Pulse.

I like how The Pulse is like oprah winfrey's The Secret but in reverse where you think about the things you want and then they go as far away from you as possible

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Like, literally the first thing developed for them. There are videos mocking 3d Anime dress up and Anime upskirt simulator betas from like 5-6 years ago now.

as per ger s

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Let me make your question skeeve you out, of course. You name a physical disability and their is an option in a simulator to add it to your waifu if not a full blown game where every waifu has that issue. Dependent neediness is the most desrible trait in an anime waifu, so why not make her physically dependent on you too?

There's an entire dating sim game about this that was super popular with goons recently though I don't know the name of it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Katawa Shoujo, according to the googs.

Literally, "Cripple Girls"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think that some of the homoeroticism is just literal fear of women, and they feel comforted by the idea of male camaraderie but they don't know how to express it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think some of them might prefer to have sex with men, but it'd just be because they're horny and literally that scared of a vagerber

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dienes posted:

Didn't he also sleep with some of his slaves?

That, at least, fits with incel values.

No, not Franklin. Jefferson famously did though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Ken actually comes in a variety or skin tones and body shapes now. If youve not read it the Elle article "All the Ken's You Will Meet" is worth a read both because its funny and because its basically a catalog of Chads in doll form.

including Earring Magic Ken

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Being Chad.

If its not obvious Calvinism and Incels have extremely similar views on predestination and the elect.

Dang. sex calvinists

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
even the landed nobility had, like, butt warts and shingles

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
a refined and flattering portrait of a famously beautiful royal maiden

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

I'm not a historian or anything so I could be naive but wouldn't the "good life" by feudal Europe standards be still generally shittier than common life in the western world today?

the most valuable thing a lord would own was usually his bed, since it was stuffed with feathers. crawling with mites of course, but those are royal mites

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
there was a roman dude who was notorious for his excess because he ate like five fish a day

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Breetai posted:

Submitted for your approval.

hot diggity

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

gnarlyhotep posted:

that explains pretty much everything I've seen out of Japan in my lifetime

you say that like a joke but it's not, also a lot of the shut-ins in Japan start in highschool because truancy laws are different

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
sometimes people also don't understand transitional phrases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
why don't girls want to date me? i am going to kill them, because this is how i resolve conflicts

:iiam:

• Locked thread