Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

hyphz posted:

Incels do not seem to be caused distress by their delusions/reactions etc. It may be an unhealthy way of dealing with that distress about other things. But it’s unlikely to be seen as a mental illness, especially when it relates to behaviour on the Internet, which many therapists just disregard.

They are loving miserable people who are self-labeling as failed, unfixable human beings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Literally A Person posted:

Is this actually true?

It seems like as a larger part of human interaction takes place with an electronic intermediary it'd kind of be a super important avenue of investigation for an analyst? Or maybe I'm just dumb.

Sounds like a bad therapist, which there are unfortunately a lot of.

VV OK This I can believe, I interpreted the original comment differently.

univbee fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 31, 2017

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

I remember one post by a dude who saw a short unattractive man with a good looking woman at a pool and was shocked to his very core that it looked like they were actually having fun and were happy together.

For one single second he was so close to escaping their madness but the community just figured out some bullshit reason why no no no she was totally cheating on the guy

It's been a while, but wasn't this an Elliot Rodger post?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

Hows your other kid doing? You know the son that hanged himself?

OK this is a pretty hilarious sign-off for an incel.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

This community has been banned

This subreddit was banned due to a violation of our content policy, specifically, our sitewide rules regarding violent content.
Banned 21 minutes ago.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/weeaboo/status/928077950980935680

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

This is apparently a vid but I'm not watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk5_krEPfcM

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That's the thing, you don't know that. Even if you are being polite and askng an innocent question and think you are approachable, there's a good chance some rear end in a top hat who was even more polite and innocent who looks pretty much like you got threatening or violent with her in the past so you are inherently scary.

I think he's making the joke that women openly treat him like poo poo. :v:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Intervening is a much harder sell, especially when the antagonist is quite obviously unhinged, since fairly recently there was the case where the interveners got loving stabbed to death (when an unhinged white man was yelling racial slurs at muslim women)

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/2-die-after-being-stabbed-by-man-who-yelled-racial-slurs-at-muslim-women-police-say/

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

You're not wrong but it's entirely likely they were being checked, just in a more covert fashion. Online dark markets largely operated in a "we're untouchable" fashion and then it all came crashing down when the FBI shuttered the most popular site and secretly took over the 2nd most popular (with total access to the backend) to build evidence against all the defectors from the first site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

AplhaBay was the most popular and Hansa was the second. The authorities also went after buyers and sellers individually.

Silk Road was a separate bust predating these.

• Locked thread