Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Charlotte needs to come back and reclaim her throne a couple more times to really establish dominance in this feud

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

There's legitimately no face tag teams for them to feud with. :shrug:

Maybe if they hadn't immediately broken up the immediately available one to have them feud amongst themselves instead

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

But word Gallows and Anderson wanting out of WWE is getting talk recently. Anderson is particular is pretty miserable. He is willing to take the pay cut and go back to Japan.

This is the only surprising part

Like, what the gently caress did they expect? They were always going to be second place at best with Styles there, third place with Finn there, and it's only going to get worse if they ever get Kenny and/or the Bucks. And Gallows should have known that because he was already in that position in the SES where he was clearly the least favorite among Punk and Serena. They were never going to get to shine, stand out, have much fun, or have a great title reign

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

I mean, there's really no reason to come to WWE at this point unless you're destitute

Enjoy indy Lio Rush/non-205 Live Lio Rush while you can

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bumper Stickup posted:

Just send Bailey and The Revival back to NXT. Then let NXT be its own thing.

Bayley obviously misses NXT

The Revival I think would just leave in general. Main roster money is better and they would probably get at least that on the indies, albeit as a package deal

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Wwe really is the place where good wrestlers* go to retire now.

*and Eric Young

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

the dubya dubya e sucks

Yep

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sigma posted:

The right person won

That ending shows they definitely didn't think the first match's ending would 1) be as bad or 2) get anywhere near as bad a reaction as it got and had to pull an audible to fix it with this, which is absolutely positively 100000% :laffo: worthy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BensonRichardE/status/880033069952053248

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bumper Stickup posted:

Hopefully never. I really like Asuka and don't want to see what they'd do to her on the main roster.

Bayley debut on Raw - August 22
Bayley being the only Raw Women's Champ to win the belt via interference - February 13
Mania bad title defense in bad match - April 2
Kendo stick on a pole - June 4

Even if you want to be optimistic and say the killing blow wasn't till Extreme Rules, that still means it took 10 months (still not even a calendar year) to ruin her

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Look how happy Bayley is to be involved with the NXT title again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

From a page ago. He liked a tweet calling African migrants "Muslin invaders"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

When you think about it most wrestlers are cunts tbh

That DICK! posted:

all wrestlers are miserable, miserable little sacks of poo poo who deserve death. AJ is a rightwing nut, Seth is a Nazi, Dean is an anti-vaxxer. Kill em all

:agreed:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They both are, Bryan's just the one with a kid so the immediately most concerning one

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Matt Cappotelli's brain cancer returned :smith:

quote:

Waiting to be taken for my MRI and get prepared for my second brain surgery tomorrow. Just found out that the tumor that I had removed 10 years ago has come back much more aggressively and needs to be dealt with. It's a very large tumor and there is a portion that is inoperable. The portion that they are hoping to remove will be sent for pathology, which will determine what exactly we are dealing with and provide insight on future treatment plans and the next steps for the inoperable portion in my brain stem.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kvantum posted:

HHH is able to see things that the fans like but he doesn't get and go "well, ok, if they like it, let's go that way."

On the opposite end, he saw Reigns (a guy he likes and fully supports) struggling to get cheers and thought the solution was he needed a Better Heel to beat

So he got a Rumble win and a world title. And still couldn't put over Reigns enough that the fans loved him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that match may have gone just a microscopic amount better if it hadn't been proceeded by 6 hours of vince pissing on the fans to make roman the only winning babyface

But Dwayne

And A Flamethrower

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hunter is not perfect by any means but there's like no way it can be a worse product when Vince dies. It's not possible.

While I fully believe it'll stay as bad throughout until it all finally collapses the way of the dodo, if anybody could make it worse I have full faith in it being because of him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vince is so dumb he's getting Brock/Reigns over with at Summerslam instead of Mania

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lolF1

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

that would make the new WM ME likely Cena/Reigns

Yep

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

....so hey.

If Baron Corbin cashes in during the Punjabi Prison match.

Doesn't he automatically win because he's already outside?

For a cash in to happen they both have to physically be in the same environment

See: Sandow kicking Cena's rear end at ringside for like 12 minutes but none of it counting because they had to both be in-ring

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roman Reigns will retire John Cena because Ric Flair will tell him to, to keep both their streaks alive (Flair's title reign streak and Reign's Retire People At Mania streak)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mkay0 posted:

The asskicker nickname lasted probably a month or two on wwe tv, we bring it up every week on this board

Because even for HHH, WWE, wrestling in general, and TV in general, it's still one of the more baffling things I've seen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I hope Lana and Rusev keep losing until one of them either finally tells the company to gently caress off and quits or they both just give up and start losing in the intentionally funniest way possible

Like how Gail Kim did both and just immediately walked out of a battle royal that had just started seconds before, nobody on air even noticed (even though she was one of 10 people in the ring), and nobody backstage noticed until she walked in and said "I left and I quit"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

He's white, who cares

:agreed:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AlmightyPants posted:

I went to a nerd convention today and met CM Punk. He was pretty nice in the quick photo op interaction. He also drew a huge loving crowd. Easily a third of the people there went to see him, if not more. The guy I was standing next to in line drove down 5 hours from New Hampshire to Long Island. I guess since Punk hasn't done much in terms of fan outreach lately there's a lot of pent up demand?

I also met Mick Foley, who is just a lovely man and Tommy Dreamer, who was very interesting to listen to. Bully Ray was there but he insisted on money before interacting with him so we didn't bother. A Nasty Boy was there too but no one paid him any attention. Apparently Ryback was there earlier too, but he left before we got there and I didn't feel like checking the local Panera Breads for him.

I hope you had a fun time!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

Lol you're right, Roman Reigns is definitely up there with Shawn Michaels, Daniel Bryan, Ric Flair, HHH, Seth Rollins, Undertaker, AJ Styles, and CM Punk.

Boy is my face red!

Someone should tell the wrestlers that all they have to do to get 4 stars is punch and superman punch, it would save a ton on injuries I bet!

He's above Seth and HHH tbh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Is your idea of good wrestling 20 slow paced minutes leading to a bad sledgehammer spot?

Don't forget sobbing after the loss and Snoopy walking to the back hoping for (and never getting) a Flair or Shawn retirement pop from the audience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bill Goldberg posted:

can we please stop derailing the thread

Okay

WWE sucks

• Locked thread