Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

He liked a tweet that called African migrants Muslin invaders.

He really wants to suck up to Vince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Don't Free Asuka from NXT

Please blacklist her like she deserves.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AJ Styles would believe Bush did 9-11 if Bush wasn't his second favorite prez behind Trump.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The_Rob posted:

Well it seems like the writing and producer dudes are all guys who have no real idea how wrestling works. So when these veterans are used to going out and being able to figure out on their own what they have to do are being told how to do pretty much everything I'm sure it's annoying as hell.

The producers are retired wrestlers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HHH is the head of creative.

The_Rob posted:

I mean the suits who are just career company guys.

Career company guys don't understand wrestling? Kevin Dunn produced the show during its hot periods too you realize...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Vince actually died in the limo explosion and his brother took his place.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

HHH is totally going to try to make his annual Mania match into the same big deal that the Undertaker match was, isn't he

Look at the build they were trying to give to Rollins/HHH and you'll see they already have.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Senerio posted:

I don't know. I'm enjoying RAW and SD a lot more now that I'm not exposed to the consistent negativity.

It is a lot easier to watch fascism without critique, agreed.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oldpainless posted:

Sasha Banks?!?

Sasha Banks is a capitalist management class cosplayer, no one likes her.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alan_Shore posted:

Roman Reigns is the text book definition of average wrestler.

Just checked my text book and crazily enough "Dude who has lots of **** matches" is the definition of an average wrestler. Weird!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alan_Shore posted:

Lol you're right, Roman Reigns is definitely up there with Shawn Michaels, Daniel Bryan, Ric Flair, HHH, Seth Rollins, Undertaker, AJ Styles, and CM Punk.

Boy is my face red!

Someone should tell the wrestlers that all they have to do to get 4 stars is punch and superman punch, it would save a ton on injuries I bet!

CM Punk was sloppy and got gassed and it didn't stop him from having great matches. Seth Rollins has been painfully average for the last year, Roman has definitely been better than him. Ric Flair did less moves than Roman and AJ thinks the Earth is flat and jerks off to Trump while Roman is a good dad and friend to all man.

Wrestling is drama and build not moves, friend.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

dunno did you see the Gall match

Had a great finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dias posted:

You know what, I'll bite even though I know there's 0% chance of me getting a non-ironic answer: why do you think Roman Reigns is a legitimate great wrestler? You, not Meltzer or whatever. I think he's a perfectly OK dude that has had the benefit of instant heat from being always in the title contendership and the chance to work with some amazing talent. The issue isn't that his moveset is limited, is that it's uninteresting, his power offense looks like a struggle, his brawling is limited to superman punches and the drive-by. His spear is a good finisher but it's also overplayed, so he doesn't even get the Stunner/RKO boost there. He's booked to be at the same time this unbeatable monster and the full-of-heart babyface. There's no drama in Roman matches, he takes extended heat, makes the comeback a la Cena and either gets screwed or hits a spear. Outside of the ring, dude is not a good promo, and WWE has built his character up to be as generic as possible. LIke, I don't think he's horrible or unsalvageable, but what is the FIRE psychology Roman brings to the table, what is the unique personality and character work, what's the technical element?

He has great timing, absolutely fantastic timing mainly. WWE matches are pretty structured these days due to the style and agenting so one of the big things a wrestler can bring to them is timing. Roman knows exactly when to hit his spots and transition and that's part of why his big spots get big reactions so often even from a crowd booing him. He also does little things like knowing when to fight back and get hope spots in. He has a lot of physical charisma so that helps sell his strikes and such.

• Locked thread