Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vakal
May 11, 2008
I used to like the movie TerrorVision as a kid.

It's goddamn terrible to watch these days but I'm still in love with its title music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkzjYB8fuos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Guyver 2: Dark Hero staring David Hayter is probably the worst movie from my childhood that I un-apologetically still love today.

I chalk it up to basically being a violent-as-gently caress version of the Power Rangers.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

I read Heinlein's Starship Troopers as a kid. Watching the movie years later, they had changed so much stuff, I didn't even realize it was based on the book.

It really wasn't. They pretty much just paid to use the title to ward off an eventual lawsuit.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Dr. Giggles used to scare the poo poo out of me as a kid. I always thought the kills in it were gory, but rewatching it recently they, and everything else in the movie, are just goofy as hell.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Egbert Souse posted:

Lost in Space

I legit like the theme song for this movie.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

thoughts and prayers posted:

Oh god don't be that kind of stupid, not here.

It was the best mockery of Fascism by someone who lived through it first-hand, to take down a Fascism Rah-Rah sci-fi-fi trash.

Suck my rear end:

wikipedia on Starship Troopers (film) posted:

The film started life as a script called Bug Hunt at Outpost Nine.[2] When similarities, especially the "bugs", were pointed out between this and the novel Starship Troopers, plans were made to license the rights to the book and tweak character names and circumstances to match. Verhoeven had never read the book, and attempted to read it for the film, but it made him "bored and depressed", so he read only a few chapters:

I stopped after two chapters because it was so boring,...It is really quite a bad book. I asked Ed Neumeier to tell me the story because I just couldn't read the thing. It's a very right-wing book.[6]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

mike12345 posted:

doesn't really refute his point. verhoeven probably didn't finish reading it, but was aware of its tone and what it tried to accomplish.

The main point was how it was originally titled Bug Hunt at Outpost Nine then changed to Starship Troopers later.

Trying to get into Paul Verhoeven's mind about why he does anything is just an exercise in madness.

• Locked thread