Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
Also important: there is almost no efficiency gain you can make in-rift that will pay off as well as minimizing town and this only becomes more true the faster your rifts are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

Also important: there is almost no efficiency gain you can make in-rift that will pay off as well as minimizing town and this only becomes more true the faster your rifts are.

Well you can start TP at between 3-2.5 gem upgrades remaining.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
You can also fully junk your inventory and be ready to start your next grift before the portal timer runs out.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Dameius posted:

You can also fully junk your inventory and be ready to start your next grift before the portal timer runs out.

Only in rifts which are irrelevant anymore now that you can get keys in portals.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Anyone have a comfortable Necro GR90 build? I'm trying to gear up a Rathma. So far Masq. Bone Spear and both Nova builds feel terrible for quick GRs (even with Greaves, blue gem in helmet, Mace of Fury &c).

Suburban Dad posted:

Only in rifts which are irrelevant anymore now that you can get keys in portals.

My grind is T16 and then aim for a Visions while the 30 sec timer runs.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Just posting to say the "Mystic Spearhand" class in dragons dogma 2 looks like a Diablo 3 monk in 3D: https://youtu.be/D7t9OLcIjkE?si=b5OV5XsFaZdKYs0p

I count like 4-5 Diablo 3 abilities, lol

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Reading the last few pages makes me really excited to try all the new stuff since I've last played.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
I'm playing a Barbarian using Hammer of the Ancients and Legacy of Dreams. I have two Primal amulets with essentially identical stats, except:

• one has +105 TO +210 DAMAGE
• and one has +20% PHYSICAL DAMAGE

My Hammer of the Ancients is physical damage. Is there some way to calculate which option gives me more damage?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There's a character builder in Maxroll that will give you the proper weighted values on all items. But spoilers, it's Physical % unless you are at a very specific aspd breakpoint as Frenzy.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Season 31, open cube powers (3 weapons or whatever combo in the cube can be used) coming back next. Starts 4/12. Decent haedrig's gift sets.

https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-...Tc3LjE5LjAuMA..

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011
drat, I have till then to get the extra stash tab... I really bailed on season 30 at some point due mostly to Balatro I think.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like I'm starting as Barbarian for WhirlRend. And the Seasonal Conquests are all cakewalks, too. Except for Sprinter.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Wasn't Season 29 supposed to be the last one?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Barb is always a good starter. All their sets rule. I hate leveling dh but it has a good set at least.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Yates posted:

Wasn't Season 29 supposed to be the last one?

The last one with anything new. Now they're all cycling through the most popular gimmicks from seasons past and the altar was made permanent.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Make the fourth cube slot permanent :colbert:

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug
Isn't necro the only class that really benefits from the whole omni-cube seasonal theme? It would have been nice to do omni-cube+4th slot but I guess that would have been work. I know they said no more number adjustments but I was hoping the interns got to do some tweaking on numbers.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
I thought there would still be balance passes, maybe they didn't feel any were warranted this time.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

All the classes are in a pretty good spot right now. Well Crusader still kinda sucks, but they have Valor at least.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

All the classes are in a pretty good spot right now. Well Crusader still kinda sucks, but they have Valor at least.

It's just sticking to its historical norm.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dameius posted:

It's just sticking to its historical norm.

I always thought witch doctor was poorly balanced...and clunky (Jade, spider) and dated. Necro came out and could control minions somewhat while helltooth gargs were huge dummies. Mundonugoodoodoo was powerful for awhile and I guess they made that chicken build better though. I'd put it similar to crusader.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
WD solo I don't remember ever having a long spell in solo meta but did have some good times in the group meta. Crusader, at least as far back as season 8 from my faulty memory was always a brides maid.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dameius posted:

WD solo I don't remember ever having a long spell in solo meta but did have some good times in the group meta. Crusader, at least as far back as season 8 from my faulty memory was always a brides maid.

Wasn't condemn OP at some point? I never really took much part in 4mans.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

Wasn't condemn OP at some point? I never really took much part in 4mans.

In seasons where basically everyone was OP Crusader was OP too, but without checking because I'm too lazy, I don't think it was ever in the S tier solo and when it was in group metas wasn't it an alt pick? I could very much be wrong.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Suburban Dad posted:

I always thought witch doctor was poorly balanced...and clunky (Jade, spider) and dated. Necro came out and could control minions somewhat while helltooth gargs were huge dummies. Mundonugoodoodoo was powerful for awhile and I guess they made that chicken build better though. I'd put it similar to crusader.

Helltooth firewall is fuckin bonkers and is the only set I use with wds

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.
Haven't played a season since the first couple after they started, so another end of season question.

I know gear and stuff gets sent to you, but do your seasonal paragon levels roll into your non-seasonal account at the end of the season?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Standingstoic posted:

Haven't played a season since the first couple after they started, so another end of season question.

I know gear and stuff gets sent to you, but do your seasonal paragon levels roll into your non-seasonal account at the end of the season?

Yeah they all add up (by xp) at the end.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

Yeah they all add up (by xp) at the end.

Specially xp like said and not levels. Seen a number of people get confused when 700 season levels they ended the season with don't get tacked to their non seasonal paragon count.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

gariig posted:

Isn't necro the only class that really benefits from the whole omni-cube seasonal theme? It would have been nice to do omni-cube+4th slot but I guess that would have been work. I know they said no more number adjustments but I was hoping the interns got to do some tweaking on numbers.

Necro, maybe wizard and WD. Necro is the big winner though.

Debating playing necro since I haven't in forever. They're the fastest to level too...

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I know the coming season (starts tonight at the usual time) isn't new or that exciting for most classes. It still feels weird not having Mustached Demon help you pick your class...

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Oh that's tonight?! Sorry, tough being a working dad.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug
I was hoping Blizz would either give a 4th cube slot or give everyone the free RoRG. Read somewhere that all the new "extra" sets like Crimsons, Aughild, and Guardians came after the season that had the omni-cube so not every class was wearing a RoRG to fit two sets in. The reality now is everyone needs a RoRG to get Guardians/Crimsons/Aughild in so your left with classes that have weak weapon/armor cube items and a strong item in one of the other categories. That's pretty slim and like people said might only be necro for using two weapons.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
How is this week's Challenge Rift (in North America)? I recall the prior season started with one that was a real pain -- some terribly unoptimized (even by CR standards) crusader build or something.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

McCoy Pauley posted:

How is this week's Challenge Rift (in North America)? I recall the prior season started with one that was a real pain -- some terribly unoptimized (even by CR standards) crusader build or something.

I watched a vid and it's a WoL monk with LOD I believe. Squishy but not too terrible was my take.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
lol. my blizzard launcher doesn't even have an announcement or advertisement for season 31, it's still saying season 30 is live. there is a splash page for the latest d3 patch, however. is it just me?

played necro earlier on EU but forgot what a pain it is to collect all the pieces. what was i thinking not playing whirlwind?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
It's not just you, they haven't updated the D3 news feed in months except to push D2R and D4.

Suburban Dad posted:

I know the coming season (starts tonight at the usual time) isn't new or that exciting for most classes. It still feels weird not having Mustached Demon help you pick your class...

There's nothing to decide. Necro levels the fastest and benefits the most from the seasonal theme. I guess you get to choose a gender? Everybody will be playing Rathma because of the gift and it's just good.

gariig posted:

I was hoping Blizz would either give a 4th cube slot or give everyone the free RoRG. Read somewhere that all the new "extra" sets like Crimsons, Aughild, and Guardians came after the season that had the omni-cube so not every class was wearing a RoRG to fit two sets in. The reality now is everyone needs a RoRG to get Guardians/Crimsons/Aughild in so your left with classes that have weak weapon/armor cube items and a strong item in one of the other categories. That's pretty slim and like people said might only be necro for using two weapons.

This would require more coding and testing because who knows what fun stuff would happen if they ran two themes simultaneously. Blizz isn't going to budget anything for D3 besides keeping it online.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I'm gonna level and do the journey with necro, then claim on DH because I hate leveling as them.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Is the SA community channel gone? Or did I get kicked for some reason, lol

E: I am dumb, it was on the wrong region

E2: start is isane on necro. I used cache and was 70 in about 45 minutes. I did the journey up to chapter 4 then switched to DH to claim the gift. I made it to gr71 before calling it a night and claimed my primal vallas. At least it was for my class. :v:

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Apr 13, 2024

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I can't believe I finally killed a menagerist goblin that didn't drop a pet. Guess I finally completed the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Jusupov posted:

I can't believe I finally killed a menagerist goblin that didn't drop a pet. Guess I finally completed the game

But do you have cosmic wings?