Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

So I've heard. I'm not sure if I'm gonna level solo or with a group. I'm usually faster in a group and that helps especially when you have to do bounties to get your haedrig bags. Game is fun to play with goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

I think it's still there but back to unlimited paragon? Honestly not sure.

I would assume this to be true. Looks like it's there but only for seasonal. Patch is live so I just screen'd this.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Mailer posted:

Did we wind up keeping the portals that meant bounties weren't a thing you had to endlessly grind? That's going to be something I miss because bounties are the worst.

Glad it's back to unlimited paragon, though. I suppose if you're the type of person who really wants to compete on the boards the cap could be a positive thing, but it just made it feel like you were gaining nothing for hours of play. It was down to astronomical loot luck to push the extra tier and you just had no other way to compensate.

You're in luck, those are permanent season things now. The only weird thing is you can only find them in the open world...like when doing bounties. You'll get some while leveling though which will help with DBS and gems if you're saving your cache for the altar.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

How do people plan to level? Cache vs no cache? After that, what method? I dunno what is best for groups and solo anymore. Everybody recommends no cache since it saves at most an hour.

Lot of guides say to make a necro to 18 or even for the full journey until you get your bags. Then switch to your preferred class to open them since it's faster to level with a necro. I don't think I'll do that, planning to go monk. After that the rest is up for debate. I'll probably go after the cube and then massacre bonuses. Then hope for a vision or two to get the gold and DBS required for the initial altar stuff.

Or maybe I'll group up and follow whatever the other folks want to do lol.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Play the darkening of Tristram with your favorite class.

It's the walk speed in there actually lower or just the run animation is gone?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

You have to get through to the 15th altar node before you need it. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to play outside the first night so I can get another on Monday most likely. If you poopsock, probably save it. It's less powerful now so it's not as important to beeline all the nodes anymore anyway.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

McCoy Pauley posted:

Hallelujah. That's a welcome change. Now the only thing that will irritate me is, I expect, logging into the challenge rift tomorrow and finding some weird build I've never played before and having to wrestle with that to get my sweet, sweet cache.

You can try it beforehand. It's jade WD. Get the minions up, cast soul harvest every time it's up, and spam haunt. The timer is much tighter on this one than most season starters, so a practice run to find where the elites and bigger packs are helps. Just don't kill the RG and exit the game.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Monk jail.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

It was one of the worst season starters for sure.

Pity primal was a cow stick. Fodder for the altar.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Mind over Matter posted:

Currently in first place on the Helltooth leaderboard because I'm the only one on it.

Only time I'll ever be in the top slot, still counts though.

Winning is winning

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

The altar gives more legs to seasons if you like to check boxes.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Mailer posted:

I got through to the final thing needing one more primal to finish it and never got it in S28, so I'm expecting the same here. Currently I'm blocked on getting a ramalama's gift which just refuses to drop for some reason. At least now needing DBs is a process of just running a bounty and getting four portals while doing it.

I'm stuck at the same point. P6xx. Already completed the journey but don't regret using the cache I couldn't have used otherwise anyway. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Boy I was not having a good time playing crusader until I had enough pieces to switch away from akkhan. I couldn't get blade of prophecy to drop and the minions are kind of weak (without supporting pieces) and dumb. Valor set is so much more my poo poo and great for speeds.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

atomicvocabulary posted:

I love this game, that is all

:amen:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Field Mousepad posted:

The valor set ruined all of the other crusader sets for me. You hit like a semi truck and constantly haul rear end, it rules.

100%. It's so great at everything and you don't even have to swap stuff out for other builds if you don't want. I was doing gr100 with boon on and barely noticed.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Swilo posted:

remake games until you get a bounty for the mysterious cave

Works great if you don't play on switch. Load time aren't great between games. Doing higher GRs and visions with my speedy pony kills the framerate to the teens (I'd guess, maybe single digits).

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Jelly posted:

My favorite thing about Diablo 3 on console is how when you enter a rift it gives you an unskippable message that must be removed with the "O" button (PS) and pressing any other button doesn't remove it, nor do it allow that button/skill to work until you have pressed the correct "O" button.

I have never died from anything else this season, and the number of times I have died from that is in the double digits. I can't imagine playing hardcore in this game.

On switch I don't remember any window popping up but many times I've had a certain skill or two not work for the first few seconds. Weird.

Higher gems have always been at the bottom though. Very annoying.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

GR90s you'll usually get 1-2 per run. Visions drop them lots too.

The abilities do vary too so you may need to upgrade a few. +3s you don't use can feed augments.

gently caress I wish I remembered that. Assume 3 is a 125?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Good deal. I was getting very few screams so this should help. Now to farm the staff..

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

gariig posted:

It's annoying that on console you have to pick up ALL of the bloodstone in one go, no partial pickup. So you end up needing to go 3 GRs over the requirement so you can just go over the requirement with 25 bloodstone gambles.

Just get to a couple hundred below, then follow this table and do whatever GR gets you to the number you're looking for. I agree it is very annoying though.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/greater-rift-drop-rate/15445/6

I gave up on farming the staff of herding. There's fun grinding and then there's that.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Every level is covered

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I think you can look it up by class. I've tallied it before and it's a lot but baby numbers compared to those, haha.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

But if you have to identify more than one thing it takes the same amount of time anyway. I do love salvaging primals unidentified when you know they're trash, though.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 23, 2024

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

One of the worst things that can happen to you in D3 is actually getting an upgrade, then you have to interrupt the flow state with all that time wasted enchanting and augmenting.

Me trying to farm the staff with 69 portals appearing. I can't not go in them.

Season 30 is still great, playing longer than usual for some reason. Might be because season 3 of...another game isn't going so well.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Mind over Matter posted:

Isn't it? I have been playing it some and I had one quest block that was fixed by relogging in the first hour, but other than that it's been perfectly smooth for me.

Smoother than the D3 servers have been actually, which is frustrating.

Honestly I haven't played it because it didn't sound like they did anything interesting to make the game fun but there has been a lot of discourse everywhere I've seen. Reddit, the thread here, the bliz forum, yt, etc.

My biggest issue on d3 seasons is having to log out and log back in right when the season ticks over. I imagine there's a lot fewer people playing it at this point, though compared to D4.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Double postin'. Something I did not remember from s28: liquid rainbow doesn't exist on console. I started staff farming and it only takes the bell, gemstone, and mushroom. I had already gotten the shin bone because I hadn't actually looked at the recipe, but got real confused when I finally found the mysterious chest and didn't get the drop. What a weird omission.

So with that I have the full altar unlocked. I upgraded a rare to a primal but did not get a 2nd one. It's that normal since it wasn't a drop?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Lincoln posted:

What GR level are you at? I’m at GR 70; T14 for bounties/portals. Primals are *extremely* rare, and often useless. Of 4 primals total, 2 have been for the wrong class altogether, and the third was worse than the Ancient I already had. I guess keep grinding?

Fill out the altar completely. That will double your primal drops (instead on one dropping, you get 2, not double the chance of getting one). Problem is that you need more primals to unlock double primals. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dameius posted:

You can also fully junk your inventory and be ready to start your next grift before the portal timer runs out.

Only in rifts which are irrelevant anymore now that you can get keys in portals.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Season 31, open cube powers (3 weapons or whatever combo in the cube can be used) coming back next. Starts 4/12. Decent haedrig's gift sets.

https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-...Tc3LjE5LjAuMA..

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Barb is always a good starter. All their sets rule. I hate leveling dh but it has a good set at least.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dameius posted:

It's just sticking to its historical norm.

I always thought witch doctor was poorly balanced...and clunky (Jade, spider) and dated. Necro came out and could control minions somewhat while helltooth gargs were huge dummies. Mundonugoodoodoo was powerful for awhile and I guess they made that chicken build better though. I'd put it similar to crusader.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dameius posted:

WD solo I don't remember ever having a long spell in solo meta but did have some good times in the group meta. Crusader, at least as far back as season 8 from my faulty memory was always a brides maid.

Wasn't condemn OP at some point? I never really took much part in 4mans.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

gariig posted:

Isn't necro the only class that really benefits from the whole omni-cube seasonal theme? It would have been nice to do omni-cube+4th slot but I guess that would have been work. I know they said no more number adjustments but I was hoping the interns got to do some tweaking on numbers.

Necro, maybe wizard and WD. Necro is the big winner though.

Debating playing necro since I haven't in forever. They're the fastest to level too...

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I know the coming season (starts tonight at the usual time) isn't new or that exciting for most classes. It still feels weird not having Mustached Demon help you pick your class...

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

McCoy Pauley posted:

How is this week's Challenge Rift (in North America)? I recall the prior season started with one that was a real pain -- some terribly unoptimized (even by CR standards) crusader build or something.

I watched a vid and it's a WoL monk with LOD I believe. Squishy but not too terrible was my take.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I'm gonna level and do the journey with necro, then claim on DH because I hate leveling as them.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Is the SA community channel gone? Or did I get kicked for some reason, lol

E: I am dumb, it was on the wrong region

E2: start is isane on necro. I used cache and was 70 in about 45 minutes. I did the journey up to chapter 4 then switched to DH to claim the gift. I made it to gr71 before calling it a night and claimed my primal vallas. At least it was for my class. :v:

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Apr 13, 2024

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

That holiday gift thing was great, I wish they did that yearly. There's probably some obscure stuff I don't have yet, but it did drop me the wings which I was too lazy to farm.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dameius posted:

Now that the game is in maintenance mode they should make goblins drop every cosmetic in the game and that includes everything from the China cash shop.

I wish they did slightly more than the bare minimum but realistically what 12 year old game has been supported like this? It's still funny that the launcher didn't even announce the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Zenithe posted:

Primal Ancient Split Tusk, the high point in any new season.

I think I've gotten 3 or 4 at this point, obviously none usable. A couple have come from crafting (crimson or guardians I think, but garbage stats) which is surprising given that I haven't made that many yet.