Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I really like the corpse explode system. It's a really fun way to turn an entire screen of enemies into soup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
I don't think $15 is too much. For as many hours as I've put into this game and as many as I'll put in with the Necro alone, it feels about right.
I think there are just some people who are primed and ready to complain about every little thing no matter what it is.

If the pack was free you'd still get people complaining that we didn't get enough extra stash tabs or something.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Suspicious posted:

Pets are bad.

Factually incorrect. Pets are awesome if done right.

Each pet is basically a snare/dot combo. With proper balancing and coloring (the skeles don't need to be BRIGHT HEY LOOK AT ME WHITE like they kinda are now), there's no reason in the world you couldn't have a perfectly fun, balanced and viable 30-perma-skeleton-army Necro with amplify damage, corpse explosion, a spender and a generator as complimentary abilities.

Not sure why there are so many people actively against the class playing like that.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
I almost feel weird for just using the skills I think look the coolest and feel the most satisfying to use, then adjusting the difficulty from there to whatever feels like the right mix of power fantasy and challenge.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

DrSeRRoD posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w5mDN0q3Fk

Travis Day did mention that they wanted to add some sort of compensation, so maybe buffing the 6pc damage is how they will do it. I don't think we'll find out until the week of S11, assuming they even get a lot of those changes done by then. If not, S12 PTR.

E:

Yea, the build is very strong, but it relies on using two 2-minute cooldowns to burst down an elite or two and then survive until they're available again. I wasn't a fan of the playstyle, despite it being extremely strong, but being able to kill elites with one 10-second cycle at like GR100+ is crazy good.

What is Blizzard's reasoning for doing this? Was it literally "the build feels too kinetic and punchy and awesome therefore we need to make it more boring" ?

Would somebody please explain to me why they couldn't have at least made it look and feel exactly the same while doing slightly less damage or something?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

PathAsc posted:

I just realized I can play from work with my phone. This improved my quality of life immensely.

Would somebody please explain this I'd love an improved quality of life too please.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
It's something else to me that controller support was never added to Diablo III PC. It's such a great way to play the game.

I wouldn't even care if it took an entirely separate client and you couldn't play with KB+M users. I'd still happily install and play that version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

FuzzySlippers posted:

The diablo series never felt much like an 'action' rpg until I played it with a controller. The game feel is just so much better with a controller, but I'm betting a WASD + mouse twin stick kinda setup would feel good too. I've always thought the default control scheme was awkward as gently caress for Diablo-likes

Yeah, as much as I like the controller option over KB+M I can't help but think it would have been even better if they traded the dodge roll for the ability to aim in a direction you weren't moving towards.