Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Power Bottom posted:

Blood Siphon doesn't work with the Mantle of Channeling. :(

Yea, it's the only necro channeling skill and isn't even a spender like those on the mantle. There's still quite a bit of integration and tweaking left to do for synergy with existing gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Plavski posted:

Looking forward to messing around with all of the set builds as they all look interesting. I wonder what sort of LoN builds will arrive too as there are a bunch of interesting standalone legendaries.

LoN Pets has been fun and tanky, but with little to no +pets or +pet damage legendaries, items, or passives, it doesn't seem like it will be too strong past T10 farming. You have the usual defensive options (Aquila, Goldwrap/Avarice/Boon), but also Golemskin Breaches and Dayntee's, so there's a little bit of flexibility, but not too much to make things hit harder. Also, pets without Jesseth Arms set feels bad. Inarius + Jesseth set pet build works well also, as long as you're always in melee range of what they're killing.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Lechtansi posted:

What rings affect corpse explosion? I only see Krysbin's Sentence, which deals extra damage to slowed mobs. Theres a CE neck "The Johnstone" which gives extra damage to CE but I can't find another CE ring.

CoE would also buff the damage.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

SgtArseCandle posted:

Anyone knows how often does the army of the dead cooldown reduction thing on the Rathma set proc? All it says is that "minions have a chance to reduce cooldown by 1 second on attack". Furthermore, I assume that the obsidian ring procs only once per command skeleton/skeleton mage?

Edit: grammar

They never gave numbers, but I can tell you that it's a trap because AoTD is a terrible skill on a very long cooldown. You're better off using that slot for Bone Armor or something else more useful and pretending that Rathma's 2pc bonus doesn't exist. The only time I've ever found it useful to use AoTD was the Rathma set dungeon, and only because it's required.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

So it seems that there's a hidden internal mechanic on skeletons that bypasses enforcer's 90% dmg reduction bonus: skeletons die upon taking damage 24 times, regardless of how much damage it is. If you stand them in a puddle of poison or any fast-attacking AoE on Normal, they will die after the 24th tick of damage, even if each tick is just 1 damage. Hopefully this is some kind of bug because they die too drat fast to AoE fast-ticking attacks. RGs like Voracity would probably keep the skeletons nearly permanently dead.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

mewse posted:

Might be by design because skeleton death is a requirement for some procs?

What procs require skeletons to die? Must have missed it/them.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Carebearz posted:

Maybe i'm just bad, or too used to BONESTORM Inarius but the other sets seem pretty meh to me. i've never needed a ring as bad as I need Krysbin's Sentence though.

Is it just me being bad with any other set other than Inarius, or does that seem to be like the best set right now?

Inarius right now is the strongest, toughest, easiest, and most flexible necro set all at once. Once they inevitably nerf the proc rate for legendary gems, we'll see how strong it remains, but I even use pets with it over the annoying Rathma playstyle and it works out since it buffs all damage, as long as it's near you.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Fried Watermelon posted:

Does Tasker and Theos gloves 50% increase attack speed for pets work on the necro pets?

Yes, it does.

Plavski posted:

Bonestorm is good and real easy to push high on. I really want that mage ring to gently caress around with Rathma's though. It's so stupidly crucial for that build that it will drive me mad when I have to search all over again on seasons.

Yea, it's very rare. I think I had to upgrade about 80-100 rings on PTR to get one. I got one on my necro now after about 14 hours of playtime. With all of the complaints starting to show up about the skeletal mage duration on the D3 forums, I hope they increase their duration or replace them with revive on the Rathma's 6pc to make it a nice QoL adjustment. It's not as strong, tanky, or easy as Inarius, but it's pets so I look forward to it in S11 (if they make some changes).

E: re: the ring's rarity. Here are some posts on the bug forum about it.

"I'm trying to get this ring via upgrading rare rings - currently 300 rings or so in and got nothing. The other necro-ring (Brigg's Wrath) seems to roll just fine, got ~10 of those. Can anybody confirm, that this ring can actually be generated via upgrading rares?"

"It took me 70+ attempts"

"i've upgraded 105 rings without any luck"

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 29, 2017

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

whalestory posted:

I'd like rathma builds more if I didn't have to spam command skeleton and summon skeleton magi all the gat drat time

Nothing we can do about mages for now, but make sure you're using the Jesseth Arms set with Rathma's since it auto-commands your skeletons constantly and you just have to hit it once until everything nearby is dead.

Edit: This could be a useful link for the OP since it covers the Armory and Crafting UI

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20597130/first-look-patch-250-3-16-2017

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

George posted:

Sounds like Necro rings are good enough to preclude Endless Walk. What amulets are people using, since the Necro passives are all trash?

The one that gives you 5 more stacks of bone armor is decent for Inarius as it ends up at an extra 25% damage reduction. Endless walk is still used though for the 50% damage reduction if anything because it's still squishy as hell (in higher GRs) and you have to be in melee range constantly. Then you have Unity for even more damage reduction. The passives are indeed trash.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

mewse posted:

Funny thing is I noticed there are more passives than most of the other classes, and now I'm hearing they're all trash

They're weak and boring and it feels like they purposely went away from +damage +pet +stats style of 'direct power' power passives in order to innovate, but they're still not useful, fun, or have very little impact (e.g. 25% more uptime on 6 second mages; minions gain thorns, but no way for them to apply it or to force mobs to attack them). Then you have ones that don't even work, like the Fueled by Death, which should give you +30% movement speed, but currently doesn't allow you to go past your 25% cap, so it's useless once you have enough paragon for max movement speed (at least until they fix it in patch 2.9, assuming it's even a bug). As if the necro needed to be slower compared to the other classes.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Z-6L2r5pg

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

new phone who dis posted:

6 piece rathma's is annoying because skeletal mages die so quick. It needs an epic somewhere that just lets them stay like the barb one. It's worse than having to set up your traps for marauder's.

Now that the "new character smell" is wearing off and people have a chance to try the set, these posts are popping up often as predicted. Now we sit back, keep them bumped, and see if the devs take action over the next 3 weeks. Once S11 starts, we're stuck with what we've got until probably late October or early November after Blizzcon.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Lprsti99 posted:

Are you guys complaining about the pet build running the weapon set and the ring that gives a second mage per cast? That's the first full setup I got, and once the ring especially is accounted for, the mages do crazy amounts of work, and I can drop a pair of full essence mages every few seconds. Yeah, it's pure single target, so it's not walking through packs with your bonerstorm shredding everything, but Rathma's puts out good damage. I feel like the problem with it is survivability, because the stacking damage reduction on minion attack is in no way as good as 60 seconds of 15 stack bone armor, and Inarius can and does also run the other mitigation methods like Potency, decrep DR belt, Traveler's Pledge, and APD.

Yup. When you spend more time summoning 10 mages constantly than you do cursing enemies, commanding your skeletons, commanding your golem, and attacking or looting with your character, there's something wrong. Also, Rathma's can run the decrepify belt and endless walk set for damage reduction. You'll probably have to use Unity and the mage ring on a finger and the other in the cube though as even high-end Inarius runs Unity. Because you have pets as "tanks", the majority of your damage reduction is basically damage avoidance; casting curse and command from afar and waiting for things to die as you summon mage summon mage summon mage summon mage summon mage to keep your bonus at max capacity so your skeletons can ki...woops they're gone, time to summon mage summon mage summon mage summon mage summon mage again.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I haven't played it much outside of the set dungeon. I do think it's weird that the riskiest set has absolutely no damage reduction. I almost killed myself just spamming blood nova to kill things, which was interesting.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Plavski posted:

Did anyone ever make a viable Sacrifice build for the Witch Doctor? Cos I like the explosions of CE, but I think I actually enjoy WD more.

There are some sacrifice builds, but it's basically sacrificing your dogs so that your gargs do more damage.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Yea, fun bug. 300% damage boost on MH proc'd stuns, so I'll bet wizards will make short work of everything with this replacing CoE.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Yea, even if you reroll on another class, it only ever rolls INT and IAS. Apparently it's not working with MH proc though since it wasn't a designed interaction. They'll fix this I'm sure at some point.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

MountGeek posted:

North America: Thursday, July 20 - 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Thursday, July 20 - 5:00 p.m. CEST (4:00p.m BST)
Asia: Thursday, July 20 - 5:00 p.m. KST

On a Thursday :(

They want the Friday to fix any issues. Expect a patch with some changes on the 20th and then the 21st the scramble to fix whatever they broke.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

I have yet to play D3 but Necro was my favorite in two. Basically any class that pretty much plays the game for me is fun. I heard WD was king poo poo of followers but I suppose that's no longer the case?

My goal is to only sit around while my army does my dirty work.

WD is still the king of pets. 20 of the necromancer's 28 pets only last a few seconds. 10 of those 20 temporary pets are so terrible, they don't even get used. The necromancer doesn't have any good pet damage legendaries or passives like the WD. No Mask of Jordan, good offhands, 'tougher pets' passive, 'more damage' pets passive, 'more pets' pet passive, 'temporary pets spawned on hit' item or passive. It's very different from the D2 necromancer and Witchdoctor. It's basically 7 skeletons, 1 golem, and then a bunch of spells you can cast which look like minions, but disappear after a few seconds of shooting mobs or standing around staring at a wall.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Plavski posted:

Really disappointed with the zoomancer thing.

You're not alone. The forums and the reddits are basically non-stop posts about skeletal mages and their "active gameplay" decisions. I doubt they will do what should have been done from the start with the design (IMO), but I think we may get a small bump in duration so you get an extra few seconds to loot before having to cast mages again. It's going to be annoying to play unless they bump the base skill from 6 seconds to 30-60 or something significant, and the ring gives 10-15 seconds instead of 2-4. We'll see on July 20th what final changes they make, if any. Those changes, or lack of changes, will probably determine how many necromancers we see in S11.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

Yeah I know I'm the worst, but I just want my massive skeleton army, and for Skeleton mage to be permanent

Make sure to let them know and note this so they can pass along the reasons to Travis "hate permanent pets" Day.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

MMAgCh posted:

I'm not sure how anyone could've realistically expected the necromancer to run around with the better part of two dozen minions at all times. There's no way that having God knows how many skeletons active at the same time wouldn't be a complete clusterfuck in a game that already gets pretty busy visually in combat, too much so at times. At least the WD's fetishes are comparatively tiny.

I don't think people want them to have a bunch more minions, I think they just wanted the minions that they did get to not have a 6 second duration. I'm ok with the 28 pets (or 18 because revive got nerfed so hard it's terrible), but not if I have to keep summoning them constantly.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I said come in! posted:

It fills me with life to know that we got necro finally and everyone hates the class after years of begging for it. I told everyone this would be a stupid idea and sure enough.

p.s. I actually like the class as it is right now.

Don't get me wrong, I like the class and the skeletons finally and corpse mechanics. Inarius is a lot of fun and feels like firebat witchdoctor that just never stops moving. I do think some tweaks are still needed for the others, like skeletal mage duration, some kind of damage reduction on trag, and more skills for pestilence or make the spear empower and shoot 10 at a time or something to make it worth it. All of the sets have the potential to play differently and I look forward to trying them when they're a bit more refined. The passives could also be reworked to give some better pet and corpse options. I wonder what Inarius will become once Mirinae's interaction is nerfed.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Malgrin posted:

It seems like with LoN you could build a skeleton + thorns build, right?

Nah, I believe there's no way for the pets to apply the thorns, proc hack, or to force the mobs to attack them. There was a thorns build on the PTR as the necro solo tank, similar to Invoker, but it may have been Inarius/Hack, but it just wasn't good enough compared to the other options, like Mirinae. Maybe once Mirinae/Bonenado is nerfed, Hack/Thorns Inarius Necrotank may resurface.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jul 2, 2017

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Is there any reason to care about which sort of enemies you resurrect as a Necro? Like, Punishers and Lacuni Prowlers seem like better monsters than those little Scorpions in act 3, but after resurrection are they all the same amount of damage?

Nope, rez what you want, they won't last long enough anyway to make a difference because of the weird AI where they don't attack or move slowly. They used to maintain their powers and abilities on PTR, but it was apparently too strong, so they nerfed them into oblivion. If you can be selective, I like ranged mobs since they can engage faster than the melee ones. They all do the same damage though.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

George posted:

There are so many curses you'll never see because all we do is stun/CDR decrepify to proc the belt or use the aura. If mages and revives weren't such a travesty we'd have a build passive enough to give us time to apply curses and maybe explore some other options.

Kinda sucks we are all forced to use the same curse. The belt should have allowed any curse to work, especially since we will definitely have groups in S11 with multiple necromancers and they all have to run Decrepify for GR runs so they don't die as quickly. It would be neat if one can run decrepify, one frailty, one leech and then get the best of all worlds like monks/barbs/crusaders can stack their group buffs so that the group benefits from more than just one. To make things worse, curses override someone else's curse if it is the same one, even if the runes are different. This means that in a group of 2+ necros, they each have to be sure to curse different packs, otherwise someone loses their damage reduction. RGs with 2 necros running dayntee/decrepify means that one of them never gets the damage reduction unless they get adds and don't kill them.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Pestilence seems like it could be a fun set, but some things are really off the design. For example, why the 6pc bonus doesn't buff the 2pc corpse lance seems real silly. Also, this set has the most punishing death as you lose your damage reduction stacks, your bone spear stacks, your macabre stacks, and your bone armor stacks (if you run it). A single death at the RG is so brutal. It looks like a lot of fun though and will definitely try it out much more once they tweak it. I don't know why the devs love these drat stacking mechanics that they jammed into 3 of the necro sets (with pestilence and rathma having 2 stacking mechanics, for the 4pc and 6pc).

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Left Ventricle posted:

For those of us who play hardcore, where not folding like a house of cards every time a demon sneezes in your direction is the highest priority, what sort of Necromancer build is the hottest now?

Inarius. It can run lots of tanky stuff like aquila, endless walk, dayntee (or goldwrap for torments), bone armor, 100% armor boost passive, 100% armor boost teleport, and unity (or avarice/boon with goldwrap for torments) and also happens to be the best for killing fast.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

plainswalker75 posted:

You can check out http://www.diablofans.com/ and see if that appeals to you more; be aware it's community-voted though, so some builds may not have their playstyle fully detailed.

Yea, I see a lot of big streamers post the same builds people were using months ago on PTR and getting tons of votes, even if it's not as effective as newer builds or just the exact same as everything else. They also show you a video of them blasting a GR50 with 4k paragon and post that this is a GR100+ build on the topic for more views. If you want a real look at the best stuff, nothing beats shift + L.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

veedubfreak posted:

When does it reset?

Mondays at 5pm ET.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 4, 2017

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

So Travis Day popped into the chat of Bluddshed's stream yesterday and I watched the VOD. A few notes I gathered from it:

-Inarius proccing gem damage is INTENDED, however the proc rate seems too high, so it will likely be adjusted.
-Pestilence set was meant to be the speedfarm set, and they're working on it so that it gets to that point. They are likely going to buff corpse lance, and have the 6pc affect it and possibly all of the corpse skills, because they didn't hit the mark on the 6pc. The intention is for someone to run devour as they blast through a rift and have tons of free lances flying around killing everything on the screen.
-Skeletons getting killed after getting hit 22-24 times is intended. It seems to be causing issues for high-end pushes so they'll likely remove it.
-They will discuss and consider moving Dayntee's to work with all curses (we asked for this poo poo in beta for months).
- Fueled By Death bug to be fixed.
-Stuart's Greaves (50% movement speed for 2 seconds after blood rush) seems to have undershot as the goal was not to have perma blood rush, but to give you enough of a boost of speed where you're moving very fast. They'll likely tweak them to be faster and/or for longer. Blood was trying to push to make it 100% as lack of speed seems to be a huge issue with the necro. They're meant to be speedfarm boots so you aren't forced to use Ingeom.
-Travis said they didn't want to nerf a lot of the necromancer skills and abilities after people bought the pack and upset them so they undershot on the tuning of some things so they can tune them to be better/stronger instead of the reverse. They were being cautious.
-The goal for the golems were more utility than damage, unlike the gargantuans.

E: Kryspin's being used by other classes will also be fixed.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 4, 2017

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

mewse posted:

This week's challenge rift is dumb as hell

Looks like it's a different challenge on different regions. The EU one is Rathma's set, but equally dumb setup.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Larrymer posted:

Do they publicly shame the person by name who's character/gear you use for the challenge rifts?

Hah, no they don't. The character takes your name when you load up the challenge rift.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

new phone who dis posted:

Wow, Inarius is so much laughably better than Rathmas.

You can run pets with it too if you want with no mage spam and higher damage from the set 6pc. The one drawback is that they have to attack stuff in your tornado, which isn't too bad if you command your skeletons. Revives felt too slow and dumb and mages were too spammy, but skeletons/golem provide nice damage and utility (cold runes proc Krysbin's 300% damage buff). It's not as tanky with pets, but lets you have some pets without all the hassle of Rathma's.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Katamari Democracy posted:

Ok, Inarius is awesome. But I can't for the life of me Kill rift guardians like I was doing before. Getting to them is a lot easier and it's hilarious having 500m toughness and 100m Recovery.

What's when you hit Land of The Dead and hold down Corpse Lance until the loot pops out.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

According to the forums, consoles received a patch to fix some bugs, but not noted was a proc-coefficient change with Bonenado as people are reporting mirinae is now proccing much less than before (about 1/s vs 5-6/s). If this is not another "Onyxia Deep Breathes more often" then we may see the change on PC once they finally patch out the current exploit with DH/Necro, thought hopefully with some compensation later with the pre-season/post-open beta balance patch to kick off Season 11 (Probably between July 18th and 20th).

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Wizard is still probably the best class. You can easily complete the journey and GR 70 with sub-optimal stats, no ancients, no augments, and just the bare gem/paragon levels you gain on your way there. You're also starting with Tal'Rasha's this season, which is insanely good. All of the classes will get your journey done, even casually, but none will do it as fast or easy as the wizard IMO.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I need the poo poo from yellow gear being dismantled.

Yellows are the least efficient to loot because for some reason, they only give 1 per salvage. If you have a lot of blue/white and are lacking in yellow, loot a bunch of yellows and, instead of salvaging them, use the cube recipe to convert them. It will take 1 yellow item, 100 blue or white items (depending which recipe you choose), and 1 death's breath, and give you 100 yellow mats in return. Repeat this a few more times for a quick 1,000 yellow mats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I never got past T11 efficiently with Akkhan/Invoker compared to 2min T13s on LoN Bombard. It's a bigger pain to gear for though, or at least trying to get ideal rolls on primary AND secondary stats.