Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Khorne posted:

Check out this value proposition from blizzard:

0 additional character slots!! Wow!! Incredible!!

I'm assuming that's because you've already got the max from seasonal Conquest etc?

Probably gives a "new" account a couple of extras for what they're worth
(Nothing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Didn't see it mentioned here but two of the bits of Blizzcon loot that are going to be up for preorder prominently feature the D2 logo/Dark Wanderer.

Still hoping for a D4 but would settle for some sort of remaster or remade campaign in the D3 engine even... Just give me content!

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

keratinous scutes posted:

at level 40, if your black smith is leveled up, you can craft a level 70 weapon with a -30 lvl requirement, and it's a pretty big quality of life improvement

To be able to do this you need to have beaten the Challenge Rift at least once to get a Deaths Breath crafting item which you won't otherwise get until you hit level 70.

Doing the Challenge Rift each week is a good idea either way because it will give you a large amount of crafting materials.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

The Wizard set requires you to cycle through 4 elements at least once but after that you can just alternate 2 to keep the buff up, it's a pretty fun and strong set.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Nah, you can keep it up with 2s refresh per cast alternating 2.

So I had Arcane teleport, Fire meteor, Cold ray and Lightning torrent.

Initially you teleport, chuck down a meteor, ray then hold torrent, this gets your 4 stacks rolling.

After that you never have to hit meteor again through the whole rift/etc. just alternate mouse buttons a couple of times when your timer's running low to refresh it, teleport as needed.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I've cleared GR80ish this season with no issues doing it like that, buff shows 4 stacks and everything dies.

Just logged in and seems to still work that way.

e: Huh weird, I guess I should probably have been doing more then with my ancient sword and mostly ancient everything else but it was working well enough I didn't question it.

VodeAndreas fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Oct 29, 2018

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

They said each character is getting 12 skills at launch, so at least 2 full loadouts, but looked like most things had ~10s cooldowns, so expect to be spamming that chain lightning a lot.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

So they're paying a chinese company to reskin their existing mobile Diablo ripoff/ARPG using what seems to be already completed and existing mechanics... And can't even give a tentative release date?

That seems like a thing they could have said AND IT'S LIVE ON THE APP STORE NOW, that at least would have got some positive reactions.

This just keeps getting worse for them, lmao.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Assuming that it's the same as pc you have to finish the campaign at least once before you can do adventure mode

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Poultron posted:

You can start it immediately on Seasonal on PC, at least.

Yes.

Spoiled consoles, they need to earn seasons after years of grind just like I did.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Wyatt acknowledging other Diablo projects ongoing - the thing that should have happened yesterday to try and mitigate some of the internet outrage.

e: Destruction of the Worldstone video clip they just played definitely looked high res compared to in LoD, further hinting at remaster in progress? (yeah I still have way too much hope in Blizz :) )

VodeAndreas fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 4, 2018

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Need Death's Breath or Rift keystones? Normal Rift
Need bounty materials for cube recipes? Bounties
Want sweet legendaries/better gems/paragon levels? Greater Rift

I think <5 min is a good target for farming rifts, otherwise push as far as you can go.

Gr70 is the target to unlock Primal Ancient items to drop.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

I'm always interested to hear the vanilla stories. I played at launch and it was pretty forgettable and frustrating so I quit early on.

You either ran from Leorics Manor to The Butcher all day or if you were far enough maybe the Keep Depths up to but not including Ghom.

If you were had the right gear you could carefully do Act 4 on a literally invincible DH with infinitely chaining Smokescreen or as a Wizard with force armor.

Forgettable and frustrating describes the whole vanilla experience quite well.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Elentor posted:

With 35k health and 300 res about everything Diablo did one shot me so it was a 35-40 min long fight with Diablo having to dodge everything and 40 min dodging everything was considerably harder than any other boss in the game just because of the sheer amount of time you had to do the fight without any mistake.

That reminds me, remember when elite packs and everything else had berserk timers if you took too long to kill them and they'd just wipe you out and undo the last 10min of your life and leave you with a crippling repair bill?

Ah fun times.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Yeah I find it fun to see the weird off meta builds you get in the Challenge Rifts but it's not at all representative of the 'end game'/GR pushing stuff the serious business crowd will be running.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

paid money to post posted:

i... i never realized you could rearrange the skills on the challenge rift bar.

Wait, what? You're not alone.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Speked posted:

I brought the game on release, Ive played a fair bit.
I just found out that I can augment my ancients.

That's one of the things the season's journey will eventually teach you... You just need to be on the last/2nd last step after jumping over every other hurdle so most people won't get there.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Back in the old days... You could kite monsters into A1 town and get idle players murdered, always a fun time.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

What sort of order is that?

Ruby
Emerald
Topaz
Amethyst
Diamond

Stats in order the game displays them please (and then diamond coz it was added last) - they may as well be scattered doing them like that!

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

Amethyst
Diamond
Emerald
Ruby
Topaz

It's called alphabetical order you imbecile. :colbert:

Think you're so smart with your book learning and letters. :(

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

So what's the new thing they added for ancient/primal puzzle rings, is it just a boosted Vault with some extra goblins etc. or something more?

e: Yeah looks like the ancient version has every mob replaced with a goblin instead, nice. Primal might drop more ancient/primal loot?

VodeAndreas fucked around with this message at 10:05 on May 15, 2019

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

ZombieCrew posted:

Is there a goon clan?

Technically yes but who knows who runs it now, just join the LLJK Community (not Clan)

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Sprinter you just need to start at the start.

The Thrill is for that grift only.

Neither matter on what you've done previous, just that rift/session

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

bamhand posted:

Cindercoat gives +% fire damage too if you don't cube it. One thing to note is Magefist gives you a multiplicative increase to your fire damage while Cindercoat is additive (this was a more recent change). So if you have 40% already Cindercoat gets you to 60% while Magefist gets you to 68%.

I've been playing all but one season since the launch of the base game, and I still have no idea which things are multiplicative and which are additive - it'd be nice if the game showed it in some way, or at least gave us a training dummy somewhere to plink shots at and know if some things were actual upgrades or not.

(Zombies are pretty much training dummies, but still)

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I've soloed Sprinter before on a Wiz with Aether walker and a shitload of regen etc... I think it took me 2 or 3 runs?

I was considering doing it again this season but definitely can't solo that well on Necro.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Higher rift Necro mainly comes down to two options:
Singularity mages (summons)
Corpse Lance

The mage build is more consistent, you just need to regen your Essence between each set, all the corpse lance builds a lot of the time you're waiting for your Land of the Dead cooldown before you can do any serious DPS.

But yeah non-summon builds are definitely viable, not as relevant for this season but of the necro's 4 sets the only one which directly involves summons is Rathmas, the other three (Pestilence, Trag'oul, Inarius) are more corpse lancey, Inarius is good for novas though as you get a whirling bone storm around you which you can then aoe with nova if you feel like it, or use the Iron Rose offhand for free novas while you use a primary skill instead.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

TraderStav posted:

Got through several levels of the cathedral in my last play through before trying one of those rift challenge he's (first time playing this game) and my wizard got some spell where he sits put and starts firing off arcane torpedoes or something. Just shredded everything, especially when I got some crazy strong spellbook. Was a riot and I was giggling just pointing in different directions.

In short, I got bit by the bug.

Arcane Torrent is that spell.

Channelling wizard builds can be pretty good, quite a few items to support then plus the Tal Rasha set can be used if you want.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Oh, poo poo you are right (finished through chapter 4 in my case. ) Well at least I got all the Haedrig's gifts. If I open them on a non-level 70 character, does the loot still come out as lvl 70? What about after the season is over?

The set should always be L70 gear yeah.

At the end of the season all your seasonal characters become non seasonal and your season stash contents are mailed to you. You don't lose any of it but each season is a fresh start.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

You can get the mobs, but not the environment I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

There was absolutely an early version of Helltooth, I believe, where you literally STONE DEAD vs Waller/Jailer minions and KULLE AIDing through walls was the only out. I think this is maybe before they reworked Spirit Walk to be the best spell in the game

Yeah I lost my original, hard core inferno attempting WD due to Waller. (Don't remember my build at this point but it hurt)

I also feel like it was the only legendary potion at launch? Could be misremembering that though.