Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
DH legendaries are the most common drop no matter what class I'm on. Shame that I don't like the class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

I said come in! posted:

It fills me with life to know that we got necro finally and everyone hates the class after years of begging for it. I told everyone this would be a stupid idea and sure enough.

p.s. I actually like the class as it is right now.

This is why I both do, and do not, want Druid to be a thing in d3.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

exquisite tea posted:

The playstyle of Pestilence is really solid and you can clear T13 with it no problem, it just needs to do more damage at the top end. According to Travis Day on the Necro livestream a couple days ago the 6pc is going to be reworked to also boost Corpse Lance damage and possibly all corpse-based skills along with Bonespear.

At least Travis is doing something productive now, instead of being shackled to SC still.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

MMAgCh posted:

Some hotfixes coming tomorrow. Nice little QoL change for the Rathma set there.

That change would actually have me consider playing that set.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

veedubfreak posted:

Thank god I didn't augment any of my gear. Also gently caress blizzard for not banning cheaters.

I went digging, apparently this was the issue.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20757656102

Since that screen is apparently a pvp kill, heres one from the same thread of a GR Boss kill.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

MMAgCh posted:

Rift progress orbs spawning closer to slain elites!

Well thats a plus at least. Seen the drat things get thrown off the screen on some of the more crowded maps.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Hey look, Guilty is back with his :spergin: about how much better 4man is than solo play.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Pastry Mistakes posted:

How the hell are some of you gaining 900 paragon in a season? I've been playing since release and I'm only like paragon 940.

Let Guilty come tell you about the amazingly fast xp gain rates of a 4man group. And how everyone else is doing it wrong.
You should be getting 900 in the first month of the season. :goonsay:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Guilty posted:

Hey look, it's another drive by thread poo poo from someone who keeps quitting and restarting the game because they can't figure out how to make it fun

Haha. What are you even talking about.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

DrSeRRoD posted:

So it's confirmed that they won't be making any changes before season 11 because they want things to stabilize first in order to determine what balance changes to make. What you see is what you get, so plan accordingly for Season 11.

Wasn't that the whole point of this month long break?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

veedubfreak posted:

I think I hit 900+ in the first couple of weeks :( Being unemployed leaves lots of free time.

That is how I got Para 700 something my first season, then quit playing after finishing the final tier of objectives.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Guilty posted:

Oh look you really are one of those people who quit the game after playing it for a little while, and then drop into the thread to poo poo all over it.

Hah, no. I still play most every season, I just don't poo poo all over my free time and grind leaderboards. Do as much of the season as I want, and find better things to do.

I don't post about how 4man groups are the best thing since sliced bread every few pages.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
I'd play this game more during seasons if set dungeons didn't exist. Never been able to bring myself to do those after the first time.

I might actually give it a shot this season, with the new changes. gently caress set dungeons.

E; Why the gently caress do I always end up bitching about those. :argh:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
You underestimate how horrible I am at them, even the soo called piss easy sets. Only reason I ever finished the one I did, was having a friend on a different area of the map murdering things while I completed the objective.

They may be a minor part of the season, but they call grind your progress to a halt all too easily.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
I'm saving my first necro run for a season that rolls Inarius or Pestilence as the free sets. Those look the most fun to me.

I'm thinking I'll either monk or barb this time around.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

spit on my clit posted:

I'll try monk out for this season, I guess. Never played as one before, any tips?

Punch. Everything.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Yeah, that place got a massive, unannounced buff sometime around the start of season 10, or slightly before. Its pretty amazing.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Dislike button posted:

:allbuttons:
Fix the lovely rift density that still happens about 60% of the time. I assume they want variation between rifts but why is the entire concept of a lovely rift even a thing. gently caress all these half empty caves. Not everything has to be a graveyard tileset with an elite on every screen but some of these are really bad.

Yes Please. I ran 2 different GR's earlier that had the mile long hallway that were soo long you have to scroll the minimap to see both ends of it, with gently caress all for mobs in it.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Wow set dungeons are loving garbage.

Yes, yes they are.

Is there any good ring I can cube for the Raiment set other than CoE? I have one, but really just don't like the drat thing and hate trying to use it.

I'm currently running the 'Immune to Arcane' amulet, but might swap it for the 'Immune to Freezing' one because holy gently caress frozen has been a common as balls modifier and I hate it.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

whalestory posted:

Trying to get two good shenlong's is a pain in the rear end though :(

I can never get the second Shenlongs. I just end up getting a hundred copies of the one, and you can't convert it since its only a 2pc set. :argh:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Thinking about farming up an Innas' set. Raiment is boring me, and I don't feel like rolling up another char.

I've never really played wiz enough to have/use the sets. Is Tals the thunder hydra thing?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

The Wonder Weapon posted:

CoE is fine if you're goofing off. As stated earlier, what's frustrating is that when you want to really push up the GRs, you have to start paying close attention to the cycle and time your damage dumps in line with it.

This play style isn't necessarily undesirable, but that feature of it is compounded by the fact that it's part of a large percentage of end-game builds across all classes. I don't have D3 up right now so it's inconvenient to check, but I'd bet 5/6 top solo builds use it. Whenever an item is virtually mandatory like that, it's poorly designed.

And don't forget how miserable it is to actually keep track of the cycle with that icon. I've always thought that if I wanted to truly push up the GRs, I'd need to build some sort of AHK script to make it more obvious when I'm supposed to be shooting.

e: At the end of last season, every class but WD and Wiz used CoE to top solo GR. That includes Necro this season.

Both the monk builds I'm loving around with use it and I hate it. I want to find something else to use even if it means I can only push like 5 levels lower. I just want to be able to clear gr70 for primals.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Just play out the season normally until you get those items. Plenty of websites that list Season 11 quests so you can see behind the padlocks. Don't act like you're stuck until you do that set.

http://d3resource.com/journey/

This is probably one of the better ones around.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Holy poo poo gently caress this challenge rift. Worst monk build ever, and gently caress Rime. As soon as he starts dropping the 5 ice dot circles, its all but an instagib.

Over ran the timer by 14 seconds on best run because of that poo poo killing me three times as soon as I got up.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Rime as the RG for three regular rifts in a row. Oh I loving hate you sometimes RNGesus.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Did they move the Reapers Wraps recipe? I've killed Mal like four or five times now, and not seen them drop.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Marketing New Brain posted:

Friendly reminder, bumping up difficult for rifts at the cost of speed is a bad decision. If you can't chew through the content with gold wrap, boon of the hoarder and avarice band, you should be doing a lower rift level.

If you are looking for set pieces which can be gambled easily (not weapons, rings and amulets) greater rifts will get you blood shards the fastest and are the best way to get that piece.

If you are looking for the expensive to gamble for pieces, death's breath from regular rifts are the way to go, use them to upgrade rares.

If you have the correct pieces but they sucks, bounties are the answer, constant reforging is the most efficient way to get a particular ancient, but only do this for hard to gamble for slots.

Am I reading this right in that I should be upgrading rares for rings/amulets?

Pretty much the last poo poo I need for my build aside from a weapon for the cube.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Finally got the 2nd Shenlong, and now I've moved up to t7, and running 3-4m GR 35s.

Marketing New Brain posted:

e: TLDR never upgrade rares that are armor pieces you can gamble for 25 shards. The two exceptions to this I know of are Mask of Jeram and the monk LTK spirit stone, which are rare and have an enormous pool due to all the legendary helmets and the class specific helmets, and so upgrading rare voodoo masks/spirit stones for these specific items is fine.

Awesome. That'll help narrow down some of these more rear end in a top hat pieces without pissing away shards.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Woo! Not even from that whore Kadala, poo poo was a drop from a rift boss.

I wish Unity and Travelers pledge would stop mocking me with their non-existence.

e; At the time, I had zero DB's. When I do, I'll try and roll armor off for C.Wave damage.

Hobold fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 30, 2017

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Maker Of Shoes posted:

A lot more general weirdness on console too. Lag seems worse and there's now a cute gray screen bug that prevents any controller input forcing you to hard quit the game.

I've been struggling with this all season. Especially the dash, either not firing off, or chaining 2-4 uses on one button press, burning my charges/spirit.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Any advice on what I should do with this new ancient? Reforge? Roll the socket off to IAS and use a cube on it?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Sitting around p500, and still trying to find a 2nd unity. I don't want to go any higher than TX/GR50 without that durability, as I currently get insta gibbed by frozen/molten as is.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No because it's insanely funny to me that people will willingly play some of the most unfun builds in the game because the build sits at the top of the leaderboard, and it's even better that they are missing pieces and important rolls and wondering why they keep getting corncobbed.

This amuses me, and I completely agree. Don't follow the top of the leaderboard just because its there.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
I like what someone else said. Let us use Ramaladnis on rings/amulets.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Maybe I'll get an answer this time?

Suggestions on which I should throw in the cube, vs which I should use? Roll life off Unity for Socket? Is the Elite worth more then Crit Dmg?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Holy gently caress you should be wearing that convention of elements my dude

Thats what I figured, thanks.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Volkov-1727/hero/75856250

I think I hit my wall. Finished Slayer, but can't seem to nail down mastering the Raiment set dungeon. If I could swing that, and a challenge, I'll jump to Conqueror.

Then another challenge and a bit of grinding, and I could have my 2nd season stash tab.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You have brought me luck my friend, I just had this drop

3.0% cooldown from a primal but I could not really care less :allears:

Nice. I'm still thinking about pushing up to 70 to unlock those. Have to take a break for a day or so after beating my head against the Raiment dungeon.

Stupid drat succubi things point blank me with a shot and bam, dungeon failed. :negative:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Set dungeons are crap, just Google the one for your class that's cheeseable and be done with them

Raiment is stupid easy. Murder everything and touch the golden box. Oh, don't get hit by succubi. Feel like with a 2nd person, I'd just loving glide through the thing. Just like I did back in S6.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Welcome to the "gently caress Set Dungeons" club. Population: Everyone.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

f#a# posted:

This might be forbidden to mention here, but PoE has a huge expansion coming out literally tomorrow.

I also hear good things about The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing (yes, I know the title is dumb).

Van Helsing is a good game, with an alright story thats better than D3s. Just don't expect it to be balanced very well. I have memories of getting completely shut out by groups of summoners that could chain revive each other faster than I could kill them.

Grim Dawn is also fun but had almost no replayability for me. Hoping to get back into it if the xpac ever drops with the new classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

big nipples big life posted:

adventure mode and rifts have killed other arpgs for me

It really did. And it kinda makes me sad.