Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Please add to the OP that there's a difference between end game content and "RARRRR LEADERBOARDS PUSH FAGGOTS". You should be able to solo 80, and 4 man up to 110 with ease, (varying levels of difficulty).

End game is not "I can clear a t13 rift and only die 8 times!" You can't even unlock primals until you reach ten levels higher than a t13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Krysbin's works on all classes. Put it on your BK and go push 130 before they patch it out

Guilty
May 3, 2003

DrSeRRoD posted:

Yea, fun bug. 300% damage boost on MH proc'd stuns, so I'll bet wizards will make short work of everything with this replacing CoE.

Why replace? Just run MH, Krispy, and COE :)

Guilty
May 3, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Is Krysbin actually intended to be a Necro-only ring? I just thought it was a new item for everybody.

No clue, but it's only on the necromancer's smart loot tables, and it'd be insanely overpowered if it wasn't. We're talking like an additional 5 grift level average boost to the leaderboards, if not more

Guilty
May 3, 2003

spit on my clit posted:

does this game not have controller support?

It's really easy to map this whole game onto one gaming mouse, though, which makes it really nice

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Just a forewarning I would not use the DH/Necro bug interaction if I were you. They banned for the soulstone exploit during the D3 event, fairly certain they will ban for this also

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Katamari Democracy posted:

All of my gear is gem'd with Caldesann's Despair. So I'm scared to move on. Give me a day or two to farm more despair enchants to gear. Gosh.

It shouldn't be too bad to get a new augment, farm low level grifts that you can finish in two to three minutes for as high as it gives 100% and just move incrementally up from there

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Samara posted:

Really? I was blitzing GR 80 about one week into the Necro release with Boneado Inarius.

Hammerdin must be crazy good

2nd or 3rd most powerful build in the game right now

Guilty
May 3, 2003

flirty dental hygienist posted:

I bought the Diablo 3 battle chest last week and got my first character to 70 (Witch Doctor, super fun) and was thinking about rebirthing for this Season thing. If I rebirth, do I lose everything for all of my characters - gold, items, gear, blacksmith, gem guy, transmog, etc. So basically like starting a new account, or do I get to keep all of that and just reroll back to level 1? Sorry if this info was in the OP.

You keep everything, the only reason to rebirth is to keep all your grift clear records and playtime records per character

Guilty
May 3, 2003

I said come in! posted:

This is what I want is to find a goon who can power level me through greater rift 80s.

No reasonable player will be able to crush 85 in under 3 min solo, much less carry you through it. Players working together easily crush 85. Gear up a MH wiz or a shrine monk and start rolling in the gear and paragons

Guilty
May 3, 2003

DrSeRRoD posted:

Yea, the build is very strong, but it relies on using two 2-minute cooldowns to burst down an elite or two and then survive until they're available again. I wasn't a fan of the playstyle, despite it being extremely strong, but being able to kill elites with one 10-second cycle at like GR100+ is crazy good.

It's not too bad once you've got maxed out CDR, and with the passive that reduces cooldowns, it ends up syncing up almost perfectly, moving from elite pack to elite pack. Plus, you can spend the time grouping up packs for after you one shot the elite

Guilty
May 3, 2003

George posted:

They're pretty common LoN pants because few builds have a real option.

You're thinking of depth diggers. Every LoN build uses either depth diggers or Swampland

Guilty
May 3, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

DD are useless if your build doesn't use primaries.

Yes, very good, that's what it says on the item itself. Anyways, no LoN build calls for pox faulds

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

My friend has never played any diablo game ever. We're going to run a character through normal before taking it to the Real Game mode: HC. He has the RoS expansion, I quit playing before the necro update. Should we both get that or see if he likes the game (he probably will) before getting it?

Sorc for the first diablo character someone plays?

For fifteen bucks, Necro doesn't add a lot for casual players, other than the two extra stash tabs. There's no new mechanics or anything.

But it is pretty fun for casual players also. I'd say start without it and wait and see how much you like the game.

exquisite tea posted:

Ancient Pox Faulds as bad as they are would be better for any single LoN build that does not use a primary.

Not true at all. If you're not using DD, you want Swampland Waders.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

The original post was in response to "what can I do with these primal ancient pox faulds" on a Crusader that almost certainly doesn't have ancient Swampland Waders.

Get a pair of Swampland Waders???? Team up with a witch doctor, have him loot you a pair, and then reroll it for your LoN build that doesn't even need it because Bombardment uses Yan pants??? Roll a witch doctor alt, and just loot it and transfer it through your stash?

It's not hard to get.

Pox Faulds are completely useless unless maybe you're power leveling a fresh 1-70

Vvvvvvv: nice. Keep fighting for those pox faulds. Maybe some day you'll be right

Guilty fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 9, 2017

Guilty
May 3, 2003

George posted:

Lol nobody ever suggested they were part of a build or a super endgame item. Yeah if you're rolling a generator you want DD, and Hexing Pants are going to be great for some builds. If you want to use SLW you'd better hope you use the right elements or they'll always have the wrong stats, and even then they're onerous as gently caress to get.

I'm really not sure why you're upset at us for calling those pants usable for LoN builds.

Just trying to correct bad advice. Sorry, I'll let you continue with your garbage builds

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Pastry Mistakes posted:

They should make the puzzle rings and bardiches 10x rarer, but have 10x more loot with a higher chance to obtain primals from whatever drops in there.

I say this because I still have 15 rings/9 bardiches left, and I'm too thrifty to just smash them into mats. I'd rather they just make them rarer and more exciting.

Make a gold build and have someone carry you through your puzzle rings. Never sorry about empowering high level rifts again.

Alternatively, ring runs are really good for gearing up a new class. I managed to finish every Necro set and nearly all of the kanais cube in an hour and a half of ring runs

Guilty
May 3, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

PC Users, help a console person out.

I'm having a hard time selling my buddies on Seasonal mode. "Why would I want to lose all my poo poo", "1 to 70 is the worst part of Diablo", and "But muh paragon points!" are the top 3 issues.

Why is Season mode cool and good?

The largest appeal to playing seasons is 1. Leaderboards and 2. Free cosmetics and 3. No one plays non-season.

If you don't want to push leaderboards, you might consider playing season because it's goddamn impossible to find a 4 man unless you already have an established one.

If you have a 4 man and want to play with your already powered hero, you might just consider doing it for the season rewards which are always fun.

Other than that, there is no guaranteed upgrade if you play season or non. Sure you get a free haedrigs, but those can also be garbage.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Is this true? A person can solo 1-70 in 2 hours?

I was power leveled in extremely high rifts/grifts and it still took 20 minutes.

Not solo, but in a 4 man group, yes.

Also, that's garbage power leveling. 1. You can't enter grifts before level 70, 2. It should take two and a half t6 runs to go from 1-70 without any xp boost. The guy powerleveling you couldn't handle t6

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Am I wrong for steering away from 120 second cooldown moves? I don't even want 90 seconds honestly

There are ways to mitigate which cuts it down to less than 20 seconds

Guilty
May 3, 2003

I said come in! posted:

This isn't true at all, I have no problems finding 4 player groups for Torment XIII in non-season. I never touch season, starting over sucks.

You can always find people in t13 rifts, but you're never going to improve anything if you're not pushing grifts as high as you can go. And NS is a goddamn desert for finding someone running 100+ during Season

LegionAreI posted:

This sucks because I really do not like the way the Trag'Oul build plays, guess it's off to try Rathma - thankfully I'm not doing anything super-high, it must suck for the people who put a ton of time into the Inarius stuff. :(

The Inarius CE builds are usually a lot of fun for farming keys and low level grifts. I'd say keep building the Inarius set and think of it as more of a low-effort, speed farming set

My biggest annoyance with the whole Necromancer class is that there's no way to integrate Sage sets into any build.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

MMAgCh posted:

None of the legendary phylacteries are really worthwhile. If you're running a pet build you could try for Bone Ringer; it's somewhat useful until you've completed the Jesseth Arms set.

Speaking of which, why does that set include a shield rather than a phylactery? There's no set phylactery at all in the game right now and it's a bit strange.

Lost Time is pretty good for speed builds

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Dameius posted:

If good means fun then yes.
If good means competitive on the global leaderboards (without exploits) then probably not.

That said, I literally haven't looked at the leaderboards once

Then maybe don't post? Because it's the complete opposite of what you say.

It's the most overpowered solo push class right now, if you look at 2nd place EU and compare it to first place Wiz, the Necro is doing what the wizard can with unoptimized gear, missing ancient pieces, and not fully augmented. At the current rate it's going to be the strongest class in the game by far. That being said, we are expecting nerfs

On the other hand, everyone is complaining because it's not the D2 Necro we dreamed of. There's no reliable pets build that doesn't involve constantly mashing buttons (although they did improve rathmas), corpse explosion is a shadow of its former self, and almost half the skills on the Necro skill bar are completely useless.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

flirty dental hygienist posted:

It's nice to see that other people don't enjoy the Barbarian. I love Warriors in WoW and thought I'd really like the Barb in D3, it was one of the first class I wanted to play when I bought the game almost 2 weeks ago. Turns out it's just not fun. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, I hit 70 and tried some Rend/WW build from Icy-Veins but I never have enough Rage for attacks. Maybe if I had a couple set pieces it would be better, but I don't know. My first class to 70 was the Witch Doctor but that was fun right away and got even better once I got some of the Helltooth set pieces. I just wanted to play as a big brute and smash stuff. Crusader was also boring and I shelved him at 45.

Try the monk, I find it much more akin to the warrior class than the others.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Only two classes I haven't touched are Monk and Witch Doctor.

Suggestions on which one I should roll for Season 11? I'm assuming basically everyone but me will be playing Necro so maybe whichever one complements a Necro Team?

Witch Doctors are always in need, and they fulfill a role in the meta no other character can so far. Also no one ever plays WD, so you'll always be in demand

Guilty
May 3, 2003

veedubfreak posted:

I tried monk last season, got to paragon 600 and switched to DH. Monk is just not fun. Also it's one of the weakest classes in the game for solo'ing.

Monk is the worst solo, but best multiplayer. 90% of all 2 to 4 man groups has a monk in it. Also, one of the quickest to level since everything the class does maxes xp gains.

But if you hate playing healer/tank/support roles, you'll also hate monk too.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

How is non-pet Necro? Like suppose I just want to throw bones and spirits at people all day, is there a good set for that?

Corpse Lance is outperforming every other skill in the game right now

Edit: literally every other skill. For every class

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Furism posted:

I finished this game for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm level 65 or so and started Adventure Mode. It's fun and I like it but in the Quest for Loot I'm not sure what's more efficient: Adventure Mode or Nephalem Rifts?

Also I'm confused about the way the game hands you loot. I have yet to see an Armor Set item but as I understand their drop is totally random (could drop from a rat or a boss) and you can find items for another class' armor set. What are you supposed to do with Legendaries of another class? Stash it, disenchant, sell it to a merchant?

If youre looking for gear, do the highest grift you can in a reasonable amount of time (5-8 min)

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Skypie posted:

Cool, I might give your variant a shot if I have an Insatiable laying around. I actually find the first minute of a rift to be the WORST regardless of my build for my necro. I still find myself wishing the Trag set had some other defensive modifier. 1.6 mil HP is nice but higher level rifts still cut that apart quickly.

I dunno what the hell build that guy posted, some weird amalgamation of the corpse lancer and pet build, but if you're trying trags for the first time, definitely go 100% either pet, or corpse Lance build. The best pet builds are easy to find on YouTube, and the best Corpse Lance is easy to find by hitting shift + L in game and copying any necromancer you see on the leaderboard.

I also had problems surviving at the beginning of the rift, but someone on Reddit pointed out something really obvious to me. Blood Rush gains a rune that heals you for enemies passed through, and trags adds healing on top of your total life. So as soon as you can, blood Rush THROUGH packs of enemies, and in no time you'll have double vitality. If you get a good rift you're invincible after your first dash

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Hakarne posted:

I guess I'll upgrade some rares maybe I'll get a Reilena's Shadowhook I can cube or som

:hawaaaafap:

So... what do I reroll to make it even more awesome for an Inarius build?

Edit: Basically is there a reroll calculator for 2h scythes?

Edit 2: Nevermind, apparently scythes are identical to 1h/2h axes. Good to know.

All depends on build. If you're over 15k paragon, intelligence to cooldown reduction is probably a safe bet for blood lancer. Otherwise, attackspeed

Guilty
May 3, 2003

pmchem posted:

Is it lazier AND faster killing than a pet doctor? I like builds that can clear T13 without clicking buttons.

Its definitely lazier and arguably faster, since sometimes pet doctor pets go full retard

Guilty
May 3, 2003

veedubfreak posted:

If anyone gets bored, check out this thread and see if you can figure out who used the exploit or not :)
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20757496472?page=14

"My son just bought the game and now you punish him by banning his account for four days???"

Guilty
May 3, 2003

succ posted:

what do you all recommend for a chill class that can do rifts easily while watching TV? thinking barb or dh.

Helltooth witch doctor

Guilty
May 3, 2003

veedubfreak posted:

Unless you bot or stop leaving the house, leaderboards just aren't an option for most people.

That's very much not true. Look at the necro leaderboards or any leaderboard under top 20. It's usually all people with sets that are all very viable, i.e. missing ancient pieces, missing augments, missing specific rolls.

It would not surprise me if there were only like three thousand people playing this game in the entire world. This is not a hugely popular game.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

veedubfreak posted:

I had p900 plus when I quit playing last season and DH was already over 90 just to get on the list. And yes I meant actually getting high level leaderboards. I lost interest after fully augmenting and hitting 87. I didn't want to do the whole grind over just for a few more points.

P900 in a season is a lot and commendable if you're solo playing, but it's a drop in an ocean if you're doing 4 man. Playing two hours a day with some optimizations, many twitch streamers reach 2k paragon in a season. You can look at their public records to average their hours played. Last season when I ran with a clan I got to p900 in the first week, and I only did one long session over a hungover Sunday that was in total like six hours.

This double XP weekend I played a total of three hours-ish, maybe four, over three daysand went from p1680 to 2018. Granted I know how to optimize xp gain, but I couldn't have done it solo.

I say this with every post in this thread, if you're playing solo, this game is loving torture. Even if you hate playing with other people, you can reach that solo 100 point way quicker by playing in a group than playing solo.

It's like night and day, between solo and group. It's a whole nother game, and much more in depth and rewarding by grouping up, trying to push higher.

But like I also say, if you get a boner by just watching mobs explode on screen, more power to you (although, you'll like groups even more because more than double the mobs spawn). Just don't presume that what you're doing is optimized and viable for anything other than the torment level you're running at.

Edit: just looked at season ten solo DH leaderboards, and randomly clicking profiles at the bottom shows that the average paragon to do a 92 (lowest to score on the leaderboard) is 1k, and there are more than a few 900+ paragons on there

Guilty fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 19, 2017

Guilty
May 3, 2003

veedubfreak posted:

Ya, i try to group when I can, but without a dedicated group, most nights end up being pub games or low level grouping.

Join the public communities where nearly all the high level clans search for people to fill in groups. Rift it Forward on EU averages about 1k people in it at peak times and there's a group filling every niche you're looking for, key farming, speed grifts, or even high level pushing.

Hobold posted:

Hey look, Guilty is back with his :spergin: about how much better 4man is than solo play.

Hey look, it's another drive by thread poo poo from someone who keeps quitting and restarting the game because they can't figure out how to make it fun

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Pastry Mistakes posted:

How the hell are some of you gaining 900 paragon in a season? I've been playing since release and I'm only like paragon 940.

4 man group, running speed grifts with xp pool bonus on top of it. You can go from p0 to p100ish with one lvl 60 grift. After that, each run nets like 20 levels. At around 600 it levels off to one 80 with xp pool = one level, but that will last till around 900, then it'll take like 1 and a half with xp pool. Even at 2k para it takes 4 speed 82 grifts (under 3 min each) to gain a level

Guilty
May 3, 2003

euphronius posted:

Grouping is terrible in diablo. Oh what fun, chase after the fastest player .

Do grifts, where you have a role that needs to be played. Farming t13 is awful, I agree

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Next season is going to be even higher average paragon levels I expect. Necromancers can speed 105s to 115s in group meta, meaning major xp gains

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Hobold posted:

That is how I got Para 700 something my first season, then quit playing after finishing the final tier of objectives.

Oh look you really are one of those people who quit the game after playing it for a little while, and then drop into the thread to poo poo all over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003

George posted:

4 man groups are fun, but stop acting like anyone who isn't doing it isn't really playing D3. Also most people don't have 3 friends who all play the game the same amount and want to do that together.

I'm not arguing about anything. I've always said play the game however you like. I also enjoy throwing on garbage builds and blasting through t1. It's fun

All I'm explaining, and for some reason people don't like this, is how to get more ancient and primal items, how to get higher legendary gem levels, how to get more paragon in less time.

Everyone who plays solo thinks this game is some kind of huge time sink that requires 8 hours a day to get powerful at, and I'm saying that's simply not true. If you want to do better in this game and have a job and a family and a social life, you either have to play solo for five years or you could just group up for a month.