Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

PathAsc posted:

I just realized I can play from work with my phone. This improved my quality of life immensely.

Would somebody please explain this I'd love an improved quality of life too please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

PC Users, help a console person out.

I'm having a hard time selling my buddies on Seasonal mode. "Why would I want to lose all my poo poo", "1 to 70 is the worst part of Diablo", and "But muh paragon points!" are the top 3 issues.

Why is Season mode cool and good?

The largest appeal to playing seasons is 1. Leaderboards and 2. Free cosmetics and 3. No one plays non-season.

If you don't want to push leaderboards, you might consider playing season because it's goddamn impossible to find a 4 man unless you already have an established one.

If you have a 4 man and want to play with your already powered hero, you might just consider doing it for the season rewards which are always fun.

Other than that, there is no guaranteed upgrade if you play season or non. Sure you get a free haedrigs, but those can also be garbage.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
At this point, I'd say that all 6p sets instantly make you T10 viable, even with bad rolls.

xarg
Sep 17, 2008

IF A MAN DRINK LIKE THAT AND HE DONT EAT HE IS GOING TO DIE

Suspicious posted:

At this point, I'd say that all 6p sets instantly make you T10 viable, even with bad rolls.
Yeah, half of what I like about seasons is picking a new class, gearing it up super quick and doubling my previous max grift with that class.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Is there a skill stack for Necro that's comparable to LotD + Corpse Lance for single-target damage for elites / bosses / guardians? Right now I run Siphon, Bone Spear, CE, Lance, Skeletons and Bone Golem. I use Spear or the minions to drop the first corpse and spend them appropriately, but that's obviously only good for running bounties and even then elites can slow me down significantly. The problem I have is that the LotD cooldown is excruciating.

I have the Scarlet Visage to work with but otherwise no good gear yet.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
There are legendary gloves (Moribund Gauntlets, if memory serves) that cause your golem to generate a free corpse every second. You might also consider using the flesh golem rune that makes it dissolve into a bunch of corpses on activation instead.

No real substitute for Land of the Dead exists, though, and for the Corpse Lance build high level play indeed mostly consists of doing sweet gently caress all waiting for LotD to cool down.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I have a buddy who's had amazing success with Army of the Dead's Unconventional Warfare rune to nuke Rift Guardians. 50,000% damage coupled with the bone tornado's 2.75k damage vulnerability is often enough to rip apart elites and guardians with little effort. The problem is that it requires them to be isolated, which can get tough, and the cooldown is... well, pretty much the same as LotD.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
So what's up with the hotfix? Pushed off again?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The Sean posted:

Okay, link or something, please?

GreatGreen posted:

Would somebody please explain this I'd love an improved quality of life too please.

TightVNC is pretty good, I've used it in the past for multiple things. Everything you need is on the front page pretty much. There's plenty of guides.

Chrome Remote Desktop is user friendly as hell, and lightweight.

Dell used to have a sweet one, but they took it off the market years ago.

I've used all of them and they all do a fine job. You're probably going to get all you need with chrome though.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

LegionAreI posted:

So what's up with the hotfix? Pushed off again?

Not sure. The leaderboards were just wiped. I'm guessing some of it went through, or maybe just that piece. Rathma's text hasn't changed.

E:

"Hey all,

I know you've been eagerly awaiting an update, so a few things to share with you:

First, we extended the post cap on this thread. Let's try to keep discussion and feedback on this topic here as best we can to keep our General forums more organized.

Secondly, the hotfix has now been deployed. This should be applicable to all regions at this time. Thank you so much for your patience!

Lastly, we will be rolling back Legendary Gem levels to the maximum gem level that would have been legitimately achievable prior to the patch going live. As with all previous exploits, any additional actions we may take will not be discussed outside of our staff and offending individuals.

We will be holding a double XP weekend starting Friday, July 14 at 5 p.m. PT and ending Monday, July 17 at 10 a.m. PT as an apology for the delays and our gratitude for your patience as we address this issue. Thank you to all who issued reports and helped us uphold the spirit of Play Nice, Play Fair!"

Looks like they get to keep lots of free rank 130ish gems.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

MMAgCh posted:

There are legendary gloves (Moribund Gauntlets, if memory serves) that cause your golem to generate a free corpse every second.
Thanks, hit those after only a couple hundred blood shards. Massive improvement because I can drop Bone Spear and fit LotD back in!

E: Actually the corpse drop pace is high enough to switch with Army for T1. This really opens up my options either way.

PathAsc posted:

TightVNC is pretty good, I've used it in the past for multiple things. Everything you need is on the front page pretty much. There's plenty of guides.

Chrome Remote Desktop is user friendly as hell, and lightweight.

Dell used to have a sweet one, but they took it off the market years ago.

I've used all of them and they all do a fine job. You're probably going to get all you need with chrome though.
Microsoft also has RDP clients for iOS and Android now. Accept no substitute.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 11, 2017

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Aaod posted:

1-70 takes maybe two hours to do from a fresh start and it is a good way to challenge yourself while giving you an excuse to try new builds.

Is this true? A person can solo 1-70 in 2 hours?

I was power leveled in extremely high rifts/grifts and it still took 20 minutes.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Shumagorath posted:

Thanks, hit those after only a couple hundred blood shards. Massive improvement because I can drop Bone Spear and fit LotD back in!

E: Actually the corpse drop pace is high enough to switch with Army for T1. This really opens up my options either way.

Microsoft also has RDP clients for iOS and Android now. Accept no substitute.

No poo poo!? Well I know what I'm doing next time I can. I hadn't bothered to look at anything in a while, good to hear!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Some of the new monster lore mentioned Scosglen and I instantly wished we'd gotten a Druid pack instead. The runes on Shapeshift could have been pretty great even if they flooded the game with more furries than Bloody Roar.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
You know shapeshift would be on a 2 minute cooldown.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

George posted:

You know shapeshift would be on a 2 minute cooldown.

But it'd be the best 6 seconds of the game

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

how many loving times do i need to reroll these hexing pants before they turn ancient

answer: MORE THAN 40, APPARENTLY

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
well, they ARE cursed

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i want to be mad but i can't be mad at that post/av combo

Aaod
May 29, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I was power leveled in extremely high rifts/grifts and it still took 20 minutes.

Solo no group up with goons and do rifts. It took around 2 and a half hours when I did it this last season and that was just with a random goon pickup group.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Am I wrong for steering away from 120 second cooldown moves? I don't even want 90 seconds honestly

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
long cooldowns have been the bane of diablo clones since Titan Quest

it's what happens when you let MMO designers near the genre

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Not solo, but in a 4 man group, yes.

Also, that's garbage power leveling. 1. You can't enter grifts before level 70, 2. It should take two and a half t6 runs to go from 1-70 without any xp boost. The guy powerleveling you couldn't handle t6

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Am I wrong for steering away from 120 second cooldown moves? I don't even want 90 seconds honestly

There are ways to mitigate which cuts it down to less than 20 seconds

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Keeping Cairns and XP gems around helps the whole group for powerleveling as well.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Aaod posted:

Solo no group up with goons and do rifts. It took around 2 and a half hours when I did it this last season and that was just with a random goon pickup group.

Is LLJK still the goon guild? Nobody ever seems to be online.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Join the LLJK community, the LLJK guild is effectively dead. Every meets/organizes/poo poo posts from there.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Is the Pestilence set for Necros just undertuned compared to Inarius and Trag'Oul or something? I just found my first piece of it and the bonuses make it sound like extremely good poo poo but I haven't seen anyone talking about it.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Walrus Pete posted:

Is the Pestilence set for Necros just undertuned compared to Inarius and Trag'Oul or something? I just found my first piece of it and the bonuses make it sound like extremely good poo poo but I haven't seen anyone talking about it.

Yes, it's the worst set right now. The 2pc sounds fun, but since it's not buffed by the 6pc, it's essentially there to tickle/debuff the enemies. Once they tie Corpse Lance/Explosion to the 6 piece, it might be good for speed clearing. Like Rathma's though, it suffers from stacking mechanics on the 4 and 6 piece bonus, and even moreso due to Johnstone stacking. A single death can mean the end of the run unless you're far ahead. It seems like they intended it to be more of a "speed run" set, so that may not be as big of an issue unless you love it so much that you try pushing GRs with it.

E: On another note, a nice undocumented QoL change for Rathma's: You zone into a GR with your skeletons spawned. You still have to wait for them when you die, but it's a move in the right direction.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Has anybody tried to get something going with Trag'ouls + SMH? I have a Blood Nova spam build that's kind of fun for T13 and GR70s but I feel like it's missing that special something to take it over the top. Might have to experiment with it some more. With Sunstone + SMH cubed, you get something like ~550mil toughness, 100% crit and 250k LPS below 25% life.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Guilty posted:

3. No one plays non-season.

This isn't true at all, I have no problems finding 4 player groups for Torment XIII in non-season. I never touch season, starting over sucks.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Dameius posted:

Join the LLJK community, the LLJK guild is effectively dead. Every meets/organizes/poo poo posts from there.

Thanks. I forgot about that difference (and still don't really understand it.)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Don't get suckered in by "people play non-season too!" because two weeks from now basically nobody from LLJK will be on the NS ladder minus two dudes who will eventually get bored and go on the seasonal ladder like everyone else. Starting over is cool and everybody does it, it takes like 20 minutes to hit level 70 if you can stand to wait two days to get powerleveled.

SgtArseCandle
Sep 28, 2009
Well, with the recent fix to the proc rate of Inarius, it now joins the malodorous closet that the pestilence set hangs in currently. 'Tis a shame because I was having fun with it.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

SgtArseCandle posted:

Well, with the recent fix to the proc rate of Inarius, it now joins the malodorous closet that the pestilence set hangs in currently. 'Tis a shame because I was having fun with it.

This sucks because I really do not like the way the Trag'Oul build plays, guess it's off to try Rathma - thankfully I'm not doing anything super-high, it must suck for the people who put a ton of time into the Inarius stuff. :(

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I still find Inarius much faster, easier, and tankier for speeding through T13 than Rathma. You don't have that mega proc rate, but it's still decent damage on its own plus your skills. I don't even click a button besides Bone Armor when I run through T13.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

DrSeRRoD posted:

I still find Inarius much faster, easier, and tankier for speeding through T13 than Rathma. You don't have that mega proc rate, but it's still decent damage on its own plus your skills. I don't even click a button besides Bone Armor when I run through T13.

Yeah after running a few things this morning, it's not that bad although my health gets scary a little more often than before. I guess it's only a disaster if you're really pushing bleeding edge stuff.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Well, I can't run Microsoft RD like desired because I have the home version of 7. All good though, I don't require sounds to play anyway. poo poo ain't broke so I won't try to fix it.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

LegionAreI posted:

This sucks because I really do not like the way the Trag'Oul build plays, guess it's off to try Rathma - thankfully I'm not doing anything super-high, it must suck for the people who put a ton of time into the Inarius stuff. :(

Try this one:
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91220-gr-90-blood-for-the-blood-god-pet-build-updated

It's a little bit more active (use the numlock trick for Devour or switch it to the aura) but for me, at least, it's actually faster than pre-nerf Inarius.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

I said come in! posted:

This isn't true at all, I have no problems finding 4 player groups for Torment XIII in non-season. I never touch season, starting over sucks.

You can always find people in t13 rifts, but you're never going to improve anything if you're not pushing grifts as high as you can go. And NS is a goddamn desert for finding someone running 100+ during Season

LegionAreI posted:

The Inarius CE builds are usually a lot of fun for farming keys and low level grifts. I'd say keep building the Inarius set and think of it as more of a low-effort, speed farming set

My biggest annoyance with the whole Necromancer class is that there's no way to integrate Sage sets into any build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

(use the numlock trick for Devour or switch it to the aura)
Unfortunately, Cannibalize is pretty much non-negotiable in Trag builds because you're using it to offset health costs which the aura won't do.