Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Blizzard 2017: Lets make a new necro class, but lets take the two most popular playstyles and make them garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
What rings affect corpse explosion? I only see Krysbin's Sentence, which deals extra damage to slowed mobs. Theres a CE neck "The Johnstone" which gives extra damage to CE but I can't find another CE ring.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Balon posted:

I think I found the most fun Necro build so far - Pestilence set, gloves that make your golem poop corpses, Devour with the Aura rune, and pump all your bonsues in to corpse lance. Passively run through a level shooting bone all over the place. I hit 70 today, cubed up a bunch of items, and now I'm clearing T13 in no time.

Bonus if you can cube the shoulders that increase corpse lance damage for consuming a corpse. NOTE: Do not use the rune that makes corpse lance cost life. That hurts a lot.

Can you link your build? I wanna check it out - i got the pestilence set tonight, so far its pretty fun.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Plavski posted:

Mirinae bonestorm is literally every build on the leaderboards; all using the exact same gear and skills. Hopefully they take these next few weeks to continue to iterate and vary things up.

The leaderboards are always a bad measurement - if one build is 1% better than all the rest, everyone on the leaderboard will use it. I'm not saying that blizz shouldn't fix the other sets, but its the nature of D3 that everyone will eventually end up using the one true build for each class.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Rinkles posted:

What is it with you and "dumbest loving people"? Same thing in the mtg thread.

I gave a reasonable explanation for going with Topaz. It had the least value for me. As presented, the gems look like they're part of the recipe to make it more expensive, not necessarily to influence the outcome.

Also blizzard's website has been down or slow to load a number of times over my playtime. I stopped checking it after a while.

Gamers only feel good about themselves when they lord over someone who isn't as good as they are at video games. You kinda get used to it after a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

bio347 posted:

Starting fresh means you get the rush of rather rapidly gaining power all over again, and some tangible progress goals with minor reward incentive. Actual endgame D3 is a lot of grinding, and that can get wearing for some people.

Agreed. I typically play characters up until I have every piece of gear i need, and now i'm just grinding for better stats or ancients/primals and gently caress that poo poo.

Starting over each league means that I get to play my favorite part of the game again (preferably with a new character thats on the rotating bandwagon).