Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
how I feel right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I have found Barbarians to be not fun

I... don't think this is the game for you :(

Lynx Winters posted:

I'm trying out the Vyr/Tal Rasha lightning build, and is it normal for the archon beam to just not do poo poo sometimes? I'll put the beam right on top of a paralyzed enemy and just nothing at all happens about half the time.

Definitely normal in my experience but also stupid, whenever it happens try taking a step or teleporting to refresh your position then it should start working again.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

DrSeRRoD posted:

Beware the Leech curse with enemies that can deal friendly damage or that are charmed.

http://i.imgur.com/tgUFCX1.gifv

Game needs more unfavorable interactions like this, if for no other reason than they open up possibilities for fun exploits/trolling.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

spit on my clit posted:

Good, good. Speaking of Crusader, I'm almost 70 and I want to know: Do weapons get better than the Mortal Drama? +3 Wrath regen per second and doubled Bombardment meteors is pretty loving boss, especially paired with the skill that reduces the bombardment cooldown by 35%

Better is debatable, but almost every legendary flail is a game changer in its own way and synergizes with armor set bonuses.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

BobbyK posted:

How much do you have to hate yourself to follow the group meta and play a no DPS class in Diablo 3?

It's still satisfying to see everything dying around you, almost moreso because you know you'd never be able to last at such a high level with your janky rear end tailored build. The downside is trying to get together a decent group that doesn't fall apart after a few rounds :smith:

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Lorini posted:

I totally understand and agree that it's not a requirement. But I was thinking that if there was a time, then a bunch of people could be power leveled at once. However I will keep asking.

Try at night, it's pretty dead during the day even on a weekend.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

People who say "eh it's an effective 50% buff" aren't thinking it through imho

They're probably not playing at the super high end, minding the cycles isn't important before GR70 minimum.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Nuebot posted:

So if anyone knows, I'm looking for Leoric's Shinbone. It spawns in the manor fireplace, I know that much. But is that the same manor you warp right in front of in adventure mode? Because the guides don't mention that warp at all.

Yes, that's the place; off to the right just before the diverging staircases is a study with the fireplace. The guides don't mention that waypoint because it didn't exist back when the pony level was at all relevant, it was only added in the last couple patches.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Nuebot posted:

Anyway last season achievement I need is to reach level 20 of greater rifts solo. Can I do that on any difficulty or does it have to be torment or something? Can I just cruise this on normal?

Greater Rift difficulty is independent from the game's setting. GR20 is roughly equivalent to Torment 4 no matter what, if you click on the pylon it will show in the dropdown what you're in for.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Speed run T13 rifts to completion, not just the boss. Hunt elites.
This part is objectively wrong. Unless you kill the boss on a really good floor that is worth finishing due to monster density or type (typically large, outdoor maps like graveyard, weeping hollow, fields of misery, etc) then there is no reason to continue instead of closing and opening a new rift. The odds of item drops, map layouts, and goblin packs are the same regardless plus you will get more blood shards over the same time span with which to gamble.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Nuebot posted:

Someone said something about how doing anything but the best rifts was inefficient.

The advice was to not continue a rift after the guardian is dead unless the floor you're on is especially good, not to remake rifts over and over until you get a good one. The only time that's even a halfway good idea is if you're trying to get one of the speed rifting achievements/conquests, but then you're spending enough time on loading screens you may as well blitz the lovely caves of boredom in 3 minutes instead of 2.

headcase posted:

LOTD doesnt come fast enough, even with 40% CDR

what is the deal? I am missing some facet of it.

40% CDR is not enough, you need it on every piece imaginable to push into the 60% range and also go out of your way to trip the passive that cuts another 20%.

Swilo fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 31, 2017

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Bust Rodd posted:

What? Everyone needs to be present for the boss kill, you can't split them up, unless you mean something else.

He's saying you would do the run twice, to guarantee each pair of players will get it done fast enough. It could be a useful strategy if you don't have four characters with massive movespeed buffs.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

mewse posted:

I've been asking about boss mode in the community for about a week with no takers, anyone wanna plan a run for 7 central tonight?

I'd be in.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
Congratulations, fellow sperglord.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Node posted:

How the gently caress do you do Instant Karma now? It used to be really easy. Now the Skeleton King doesn't do any damage to them, even if I weaken them.

He only does damage with his teleport-into-big swing combo so it can be a hassle. The best way I know is to use a single target skill and drop your damage so you can reliably knock his minions under 10% health without killing them, then wait.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Suspicious posted:

The only pet is the mimic all of them.

Play your way.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
You're in general chat, there's your problem.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Star Man posted:

And before you get any ideas, if you have Dawn equipped and your weapon cube power is Dawn, they will not stack. This goes for all legendary powers on equipped items and what's in the cube.

Not only do they not stack, but it always goes with the one you're physically holding even if the roll isn't perfect like the cubed version. Definitely a bad idea.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
If you absolutely want to min/max your leveling then it's best to run around high density areas outside of rifts and rack up killing spree bonuses, but lol just play rifts in a full party and have fun for a few hours. Get to 70, do the challenge rift for the week, craft some yellow gear, then follow the journey for your free set.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
So uh, the patch was released today. Yeah. See you in 3 weeks?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
The couple other times there was a double goblin even it affected all types of spawns, but I don't think menagerists were in the game back then so that's a question mark.

I'd much rather a "Rainbow Goblins are more common than Gibbering Gemstones and Princess Lillian actually exists" event :mad:

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
I'm going WD because it's been too long since I've been able to zoom around as a chicken, teleport skills got nothing on that.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
just got done power leveling about a dozen goons, game is [GOOD]

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
According to the data mine all fists are now equal except az which is like 30% more rare: http://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala
There's just a lot of fists for it to choose from when rolling.

The general trend with the drop rate changes is everything is much more equal. Notoriously rare items like band of the rue chambers are normal now, and the fire immunity neck is no longer any more rare than the other elements'.

Swilo fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 13, 2017

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Captain Oblivious posted:

How many virgins do I have to sacrifice to get Dawn to show up instead of literally every single other hand crossbow in the entire game :shepface:
Apparently a lot, because every DH weapon is now equally weighted.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
I can 100% for a fact tell you that you won't get banned for thud. Now use it and get banned so we can all have a laugh.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
The greatest crime in this game is that you can't combine LoN with Manajuma, my 600%+ movespeed build is so much fun but only at lower difficulties.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Jan posted:

The one thing that irritates me with followers is that unless you're using the one which matches your primary stat, the odds of getting legendary jewelry appropriate to their stats is slim to none.

This is never a problem because they are utterly incapable of putting out damage of their own, their only purpose in the game at this point is as a buff pet.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
This week's challenge rift is a joke. They captured some guy's barb doing the The Thrill and half his skills actively hinder your progress, but HOTA is so good you will demolish his time without trying.
:thunk:

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

exquisite tea posted:

Blackthorne's set bonus should be changed to give you more damage and armor the more off-class set items you wear.
As the 2 piece bonus for Blackthorne's but exclusive of jewelry sets.

Make Aughild's Great Again

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
What's wrong with the challenge rift? It's a competent FB Wizard build with some decent maps, I had 30 seconds to spare on my first attempt.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
This week on Challenge Rifts: Our Nephalem hero struggles his way through a rift 15 levels below what he is geared for and takes forever doing so.

Tune in next week for more snapshots of just how bad at video games the majority of the playerbase must be.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

exquisite tea posted:

I think the last thing anybody on earth wants is for the challenge rifts to be actually challenging.

I'd like them to feature builds that while likely not very powerful are fun and unique to play utilizing lesser known skills and interactions :smith: So many are just garbage rear end build snapshots from someone with a broken brain and/or at the beginning of the season.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Thorg posted:

Oh Challenge Rift, I thought you had a decent character this week but you tricked me.

He was squishy as gently caress and if I died I was likely going to die again before I could use the defensive buffs. I was able to beat it on the second try barely, but goddamn that was painful. Thankfully the Conduit pylon on floor 2 helped me recover after being 40 seconds behind. Never been a fan of Roland's, and now I dislike it even more.

Somehow in his recorded run the timer jumps up to like 10% before I even reach the first big pack of enemies :confused: I think they may have captured a bot playing or at the very least a supersperg putting way too much effort into a GR55, the defensive buffs are definitely on auto recast and he must have been maximizing the hell out of CoE.

Roland's is definitely not a bad set but this challenge rift is garbage.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
You can have someone else help you clear the set dungeon, doesn't even have to be a monk. Typically you'd focus on the goals and then have them help clean up afterwards.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

boar guy posted:

the hard part is the rng nature of the dungeon making it difficult to do the 5 25-kill exploding palms- uli's is a tough build to kite with so its down to chance

i don't feel like grinding for items just to do that dungeon with, either, which the gear guides i've read recommend

Find someone who is good at kiting to help with that. Or ignore it because that's objectively the worst set dungeon in the game by any metric even post-nerf and laugh your way through any of the other three. Also you don't need to be wearing 6 pieces of a set, just have the bonus active with 5 and the Ring of Royal Grandeur.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Thorg posted:

Edit: Bah, SA just doesn't want to cooperate with my list.
code:
Season	1/5/9/13	2/6/10/14	3/7/11/15	4/8/12/16
Barb	Might		Raekor		Wrath		IK
Crus	Invoker		Akkhan		Roland		Light
DH	Shadow		Marauder	UE		Nat
Monk	SWK		Inna		Raiment		Uliana
WD	Jade		Zuni		HT		Arach
Wiz	FB		DMO		Tal		Vyr
Nec	???		???		Rathma		Trag'oul

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I don't really understand how the bots influence anyone elses experience except that you could idle in bounty games and the bots will just complete all the bounties for you.

I finally completed Bounteous Maximus (10,000 bounties) yesterday with I'm sure the help of many bots, lots of dead silent 1000 paragon team mates with chinese names in T13 public games. Although I actually played because the game is still fun and good :shrug:

100% achievements after too many years, feels good man.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
Your friend is a dumbo, T1 unlocks the full complement of legendary drops and nothing changes their rarity. He's kind of right about them being tiered - some legendaries of a given item type are more common than others, but difficulty has no effect on those odds and the most recent patch has greatly compressed the disparity between them.

The best way to get items is to kill as many things as fast as you can, turn the difficulty up to the point where you still cruise through rifts in under five minutes.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Seamonster posted:

If blizzard ever decides to unfuck LoN, you're gonna see some poo poo!

Double the numbers, but only for primals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

keratinous scutes posted:

What's the best way to use my demon hunter to gear up my crusader? Just farm blood shards or other crafting mats and gamble/upgrade ?

Absolutely blood shards, you'll be able to get a 6p set relatively quickly and that will set you up to play on the crusader. DBs from bounties/rifts are good to get too for upgrading rares to get a weapon, shame there's no good way to do both at once.

John Murdoch posted:

Is there supposed to be some kind of meta?

Just to boil it down: there is no meta in public games. You have to be in a clan or community that is trying to push for any of that to matter.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is there anywhere people meet to arrange stuff like Boss Mode? I'm one Conquest short of the last season tier.

That's easily the most annoying one this season, I'd recommend working towards another. There are communities dedicated to the journey or conquests and most people in lljk would be willing to try, but it's a bit late in the season so the population is dying down.

Poultron posted:

Doesn't help me to know how to build either of these things!!

It was easier to figure out when there were professional gamers streaming and recording video guides for d3, now you need to know a guy who knows a guy or be able to understand how the leaderboard builds play just by looking at them.