Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's too early to really judge the necromancer right now in my opinion, but i'm seeing players in non-season getting into the 95+ greater rift range already. Granted they have a crazy amount of paragon levels and it'll be interesting to see how the necro holds up in a new season. But the potential is very promising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What gear do I want to equip?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It fills me with life to know that we got necro finally and everyone hates the class after years of begging for it. I told everyone this would be a stupid idea and sure enough.

p.s. I actually like the class as it is right now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Katamari Democracy posted:

Oh man you reminded me that Quin69 does not really do Diablo stuff anymore. :( That dude was hilarious.

I watched his stream all of the time until the stopped doing Diablo. His community was obnoxious and toxic, so his gameplay is what sold him on Twitch but I had no desire to watch him play anything other then Diablo because he was one of the best players in the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I finally got a primal legendary that I would actually want to equip for my demon hunter and it's not at all worth the time for me to go through the effort of ranking up a legendary gem for. It's just barely better then what I have. Just going to let it collect dust in my stash. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The failed the challenge rift the first time but then passed it the second time with plenty of time left. It was easy once I learned where the elite packs spawned because its the same each time and the layout is always the same.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GTJustin posted:

Picking wiz and doing G85s in 3 minutes with other lwiz and a zmonk

Real effort post, I would do the 65s till you have 66 gems, then do 70/75s etc. Swap to your support class and get carried by tryhards like DrSerrod to get gems past 80+

This is what I want is to find a goon who can power level me through greater rift 80s.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Guilty posted:

3. No one plays non-season.

This isn't true at all, I have no problems finding 4 player groups for Torment XIII in non-season. I never touch season, starting over sucks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Don't do bounties anymore in my opinion, the weekly challenge rift is good enough, plus rifts for everything else. Greater Rifts are for legendary gem and paragon leveling.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

veedubfreak posted:

If anyone gets bored, check out this thread and see if you can figure out who used the exploit or not :)
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20757496472?page=14

poo poo, I kinda wish I knew about this exploit in time to take advantage of it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Unhallowed Essence build for Demon Hunter is my favorite build in the game. It's by no means the best at all, like not even close, but it's a lot of fun to play in my opinion. I can grind Greater Rift 70 reasonably quickly which is good enough for me and i'm paragon 1120 in off season so far.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

George posted:

Turn the volume for voices to zero.

I can't even remember the last time I played Diablo 3 with sound.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nuebot posted:

The obvious solution is to make an act VI where the town is just a tiny cluster of artisans around the portal.

All the vendor NPCs will be scattered at least 30 seconds walk at max walk speed away.

I really want to get our own custom towns that we build up and arrange how we want. Like what Path of Exile has.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

f#a# posted:

This might be forbidden to mention here, but PoE has a huge expansion coming out literally tomorrow.

I also hear good things about The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing (yes, I know the title is dumb).

I love Path of Exile but it just doesn't have the replayability for me that Diablo 3 does. What sells D3 for me is the ability to set the difficulty however you like and how simple it is to run random dungeons. I don't see myself stopping Diablo 3 for good anytime soon. This is a game I have played nearly every single day with very few breaks in between.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I feel like Diablo 3 is just not an important priority to Blizzard. This is their one game that doesn't bring in massive amounts of money. Even Starcraft II is bigger due to its tournament scene. All of Blizzards other games are built around having a steady stream of cash rolling in. Diablo III doesn't have that, so there's little reason for Blizzard to dedicate a lot of resources to it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's a 0.25% chance for a Legendary to be primal, so... you should see one roughly every 400 legendaries. You were slightly lucky last time at 300, and slightly unlucky this time at 500, with an overall trend of "exactly what you'd expect"!

Basically don't concern yourself with primal's, if they happen they happen. You have to practically be botting 24/7 to get them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Do grift drops keep scaling up? I could see a paid service where 3 big balling dudes drag your account through endless gr100+ speed runs for hours and hours maybe?

Nah it doesn't, the big thing someone would want to pay for is to get ran through greater rifts to level up legendary gems. But I really don't think you can do that without also being able to contribute.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I still have a little bit of a ways to go until I get the proper gear pieces with the right attributes, but this is a fun build that I can't wait to finish https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/unhallowed-essence-grenades-demon-hunter-bis-gear-gems-paragon-points

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I felt like Diablo 1 and 2 had excellent dialog and interesting NPCs. There was some good lore in those games if you were willing to seek it out, and then Diablo 3 turned it all into a Saturday morning cartoon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MMAgCh posted:

What's this, a challenge rift with a competently built character? :monocle:

My favorite so far has been that wizard build from a few weeks ago. I want to look at that build again so I can copy it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Larrymer posted:

Not everybody has perfectly rolled everything. I have exactly one decent compass rose, the rest are garbage. TPs are all mostly garbage but you have to run something for the set bonus, so :shrug:

Maybe try not to be so pretentious about loving video game items.

Nah, he is right, there's no point in making GBS threads up the thread with garbage rolls. If you have a question about whether or not you should use an item for your build, first hit up icy-veins.com before asking questions here. The vast majority of build questions can be answered a lot quicker on that site.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is a queue to log into Diablo 3. :stare:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

It looks like Blizz is gettin DDOS'ed.

There is a queue for Overwatch as well, so you might be right. I was getting a lot of unplayable lag too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like me some grinding and Diablo 3 checks all of the right boxes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am doing Necromancer Corpse Lance https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-corpse-lance-build-with-trag-oul-set-patch-2-6-season-11 and I may want to switch builds because I am too stupid to not get myself killed by my own skills. Someone please help me not die endlessly to my own skills?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Maker Of Shoes posted:

You need to be spamming both blood lance and consume at the same time while in LoD

The problem I am running into is that when I do this I run out of corpses to use to attack enemies with. How I do thing? Ha;lp

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Rift Challenge this week is brutal. Barely any elites and the first floor is a terrible layout.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Usually I beat it the first try, but it is complete news to me that you can do the Rift Challenge with other players. I never noticed that but I also solo this game 99% of the time by choice. :P

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That is honestly not as bad as it sounds. You gain paragon levels at a reasonable pace if you're doing greater rift 60 and above.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Remember you have to complete Greater Rift 70 once in order for primals to start dropping. Obtaining them though is not that big of a deal, they usually suck and they are ultra rare.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Demon Hunter is still my favorite class. I have like 600+ hours total on Demon Hunter, the next closes is Wizard and Monk at like 300 hours each.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I will one up you and say I play non-season on PC.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PathAsc posted:

I'm up for anything if I'm on, but I don't always see the chat.

same! The only thing for me though is that i'm super busy nowadays and only really have time to play Diablo 3 for about an hour in the morning before work.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dameius posted:

Inside you is a skeleton man just waiting to get out.

I hate how in your face skulls are.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There isn't going to be a patch for the next season is there? Blizzard hasn't said anything and there's no PTR.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Diablo 3 is still crazy addictive to me regardless of whether or not the game is in maintenance mode. It's still a title I fire up over 1000+ hours later to run rifts for a few hours a week.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Instead of primal drops, I wish primals were something you upgraded your gear towards with a lot of grinding for materials and gold. Make the blacksmith actually useful.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have all classes at level 70 and they are all women characters.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm pretty sure Diablo III at this point has been abandoned by Blizzard. Not enough people play to warrant dumping money into it, and the game has no micro-transactions to justify updates either. I have no idea what Blizzard is working on with regards to Diablo. I see a lot of rumors thrown around about Diablo IV being in development but honestly I don't feel there is enough evidence to support that this is really happening.

I still maintain that i'm happy with Diablo III in its current state and can endlessly play the game as is with no complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have Diablo 3 on Xbox and PC now. On PC is my try hard characters where I min/max and copy the flavor of the month builds. On Xbox is where I just chill on the couch and equip whatever has the green arrows for damage and defense, I put zero thought into anything.