Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

And few questions from a lame dude who has never pushed past gr50

1) I'm using the icy veins build for Invoker but I made some changes because I'm in HC and bad at the game. I swapped out CoE (don't pay enough attention to time my iron skins) and travelers set for unity and ess of Johan, so my rings are justice lantern and unity, amulets are EoJ and poison absorb. Are these changes safe? I feel like I am safer now in T11 than I was before but don't know what to expect going forward.

2) I also opted to drop Fervor for a cheat death. Should I drop something else instead?

3) Are there guides for farming after you have normal versions of all your build's gear? Like how to best farm/craft ancient and primal gear? Not sure how I can upgrade myself going further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Thanks for the tips, I will try everything out. I suspect I might have just chosen the wrong class/build for watching Netflix if I have to pay attention to CoE cycles. What are the laziest builds right now?

I only play HC and I often drink when I play because that combination is the only time I feel alive

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I live, I die, I live again

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I fixed my Invoker build with advice from this thread (and finally getting a compass rose) and beat gr70 with a lot of time to spare. I was very squishy, though. In SC I'm sure I could have pushed even further but I didn't want to risk it in HC. Now that I've knocked that off my bucket list I'm eyeballing Wizard since Vyrs looks pretty brainless?

I would push further with optimizing my Invoker but gambling for ancient legendaries feels like it takes way too loving long.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I just want the most brainless in any class and my friend said vyrs was popping 3 10-min buffs, teleporting around and right clicking. I trust you though

Edit: yeah I have all my legs and cubes and stuff. My gems are underleveled though. Boyarsky is 65, other two got to like 45 before I decided to make a gem of ease for an alt

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Pig Sticker MH, according to icy veins. No unity, I use justice lantern and compass rose for jewelry. Honestly my build is a carbon copy of icy veins just with finery dropped for a cheat death. Maybe using rubies is my mistake?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Bust Rodd your advice directly contradicts what others have been saying in this thread though :( it's not a big deal either way because the gist of my post was that I'm happy having hit gr70 and am ready to roll another lady.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

If you die in a set dungeon in HC, does that count as a permadeath?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

It's cool to not like HC but stress and disappointment are not things I feel when I die. More like... satisfaction at a death well earned. Fetch me another mead and we shall mourn now, for life begins anew in but a few clicks, brothers and sisters!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Diablo broke Star Man. It is one of our oldest tales, and our young still fear him

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

My friends don't believe me when I tell them about launch d3. I would love to read and in-depth post mortem of that poo poo. If it included what it was like when Jay left and the new team started fixing poo poo, even better.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I should sit down and make a list for fun sometime. I remember legendaries were both rare (hours between drops) and useless (which meant we called them shitbeams). Instead of drops scaling automatically to your level, they were based in what act you were in. Better stuff dropped from A4 than anywhere else, and you pretty much needed that poo poo to be able to progress past A2. Even the first area of A2 was a brick wall, which meant a lot of us were relegated to killing jail warden guy/butcher over and over again. Looking back, I cannot believe I put up with it. Drugs let you deal with a lot I guess.

Oh and since yellows were your best chance at an upgrade you had to pick em all up and hoped they rolled high ranges of exactly all the stats you needed. Woo!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

That sounds like my precise jam

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Got it from a mod in a random name change thread and you're right, it owns

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

He was also a smug and unrepentant shithead about nuking one of the most successful IPs in history sooo kinda deserved it

Seriously, enrage timers. Packs took minutes to kill and if you took too long you just died. Hmbol

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

bonus round i am sorry if you do not like these

Did you make this? I extremely love it. It's describing my life with unerring accuracy

e: im even still playing crusader

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 7, 2018

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

thechalkoutline posted:

100% true representation of my HC career

Lost my Journey leapquake barb yesterday due to chat box fat fingering, only 2 pieces not Ancient, Ancient weapons, Ancient Focus/Unity, rank 200ish GR80+

So it goes, I roll up WW tonight. Someone give me gems I forgot and kept them all in my inventory

Witnessed!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Rip Ivanka Trump the hot rear end hardcore monk, u died doing what you loved, getting owned by a combo of an explosion followed by a spike trap 75% of the way through a level 70GR

Explosions are the scariest poo poo to me in hardcore. Don't mind beams, don't mind cold orbs, explosions give me ptsd

Pouring one out

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

How many times can you augment? Does it stack or does it get replaced?

Hit 70 on my HC necromancer alt and have 2 pcs of inarius. Shooting for lazy storm but even while just using cursed scythe and bone armor, it feels fun and tanky. It probably has that I got all my cube stuff while leveling and was able to forge my weapon.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

You can also do fun things with legendaries on followers, like wearing unities and then giving them the "cannot die" relic so you have permanent 50% damage reduction. Or give him an oculus and let him spawn little damage boosting zones for you. There's probably more but im kinda new to not being a filthy casual

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I noticed whimsyshire has been buffed to actually drop a lot of poo poo since I last played. What is the appeal of the cow level? Just seems like another regular old zone.

Got my 6th inarius piece last night finally and lazystorm is the happiest I've been since perma-archon in the old days

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I want to try em on my HC Invoker but I'm only at GR70 in my push build.

Primals, do they unlock for all my seasonal HC characters when I beat GR70, or just that one character? I remember the unlock is separated by seasons and hardcore/softcore.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Is there a place where I can find all this math? Now that I'm not getting an upgrade every couple days, I'd be interested to see how long I can expect to see ancients of my preferred set from Kadala. Probably too long and I'll probably just roll a 3rd alt after I beat gr70 with lazynecro.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

What're the best cubed/gambled things for a level 1 monk alt

I know I can get a pl but solo play is my jam.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Primal talk makes me wish this game was offline so I could hack in bis primals and see how far you can go with perfect stats. drat you Jay Wilson.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Would still be fun :colbert:

It's only a half-serious gripe. The real reason I'd want offline is for modding

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Got my first primal ever today, Invoker boots. Boring but I'm running Invoker so that's nice

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Rip Katherine, you died doing what you loved, entering a GR in your farm build and being cc'ed into a billion lasers at 93%

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

boar guy posted:

that's why I don't hc. i can stand loving up and losing all that time if it's my fault but if a lag spike killed me i'd be bent

"Losing time" isn't something I ever feel. The time I spend playing the game is fun, so it's time well spent. I am investing time in the experience of playing the game, not having a character.

I understand deriving fun from steady and permanent character progression and I think it's totally valid to enjoy that part. But ppl playing hardcore probably aren't as into that and that's all I'm trying to point out

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

It's a real fun game. I switch between seasonal HC and nonseason SC depending on what kind of progression I'm in the mood for. Usually I burn out after a couple weeks but I've played almost every day since the new season started and still love it

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I've got a week of staycation coming up. Cleaning the house will take one day and then i think I'm going to veg out in my lazymancer and try to fill up the cube with everything I can while watching stuff on my second monitor. I am weirdly excited for this

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Will the Oculus ring buff field also buff DOTs on things I've hit? Or they snapshot when applied?

I feel like I've been clearing faster when I DOT everything up and then stand in the field for three seconds, but I've also gotten some gear upgrades the past day or two.

Sixth primal is a puzzle ring!

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 10, 2018

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Got another primal Wrath of the Bone King. Now I've got two. One to go.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Does everyone get a cache in their inventory after one person talks to tyreal? This might even be low enough in social interaction for me

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Field Mousepad posted:

If you're playing diablo games for the story I feel bad for you.

For like 2 years or something we couldn't avoid it because it was the only game mode :(

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Yeah but what do you expect from one game that's six years old?

I've sunk hundreds of hours into this since launch and I would only reasonably expect 40 hours from a AAA title, tops

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

FFT posted:

come to think of it i should move the consume corpse power to left click and never have to worry about stalling due to accidentally clicking on a monster again for, what, a little over a week?

LMB - Frailty Aura
RMB - Bone Armor
1 - Teleport
2 - Boss CD that I never touch
3 and 4 - the other passives I never think about

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Raekors is a ton of fun imo. Pingponging through groups of monsters while they explode. Other sets are also good. Barb good.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Plus you get to play as Adele

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Dameius posted:

Gambled only bracers for ~1200 shards and got squat. RNJesus is a cruel and fickle deity.

It's so ludicrously unlikely but it happens. Sucks when it's season start

I got the Barb bracers and some generic legendary shoulders but they were level 16, I thought they would be level 1? Did I screw up, like I should've lowered the difficulty or something?