Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I just picked this up on switch because it's on sale. Played a few years ago but never played a necromancer. It plays so well! And it's fun as poo poo!

I also love PoE but for different reasons. It really seems like they got combat down very well in D3. I'm just leisurely going through the story (still bad, but I find myself not giving a poo poo) this week and necro is very fun.

What are the standout sets for next season? I'm not really familiar with them anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I think D2 is a little more complicated just by nature of obscure mechanics such as deadly strike, crushing blow etc that aren't well explained in the game. You also have enemies with hard stops in the form of multiple immunities requiring you to diversify your build, play in a group, or equip something that gives the conviction aura.

D3 has more skill possibilities and interesting unique effects but the debate I think is whether that sort of thing should moved to different types of systems or ones that require more hard points that are not as easily respecced.

I'm kind of bored with critical strike mechanics whether it be D2 or PoE although I'm sure neither of them will remove these. PoE offers more options there, but are rarely the min max "best way".

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Just posting to say that I'm still having a blast with this game on switch, rolling through the story with a necro, who I hadnt played. I really like bone spirit for some reason, seems like some of the sets and uniques can really make it pop.

Looking forward to rolling up a new guy next season and getting in on the switch goon crew.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Even remastered I'm not sure I'll buy d2R. Path of diablo is too good.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Hot take all games are good

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Super stoked to goon up on switch in a few weeks.
SW-4984-2928-8765

I finally got to 70 on my necro and am gonna muck around with the season set before the season ends.

Question for next season - can someone give me a rundown of etiquette / how to for split bounties? Like what does that even mean. I didn't do much multiplayer back in the day and I don't want to disappoint anyone.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Clearly this is Switch propaganda.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I like to mess around with variety so I think I'm gonna league start as a WD for the helltooth set gift.

I wish the monk set this season was better. Seems awfully limited in it's bonuses. Maybe as a second character.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I've always enjoyed nats set. Just seems like there's a million bad ways to play it, and I've tried them all! :haw:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I think I've changed my mind 7 times so far regarding a starter.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Are there any guides recommending specific levels to gamble certain things from kadala, by class?

Oh and ps any would be console folks lurking, it's on sale right now for 30 bucks, at least on switch.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Swilo posted:

this is a good overview for that
https://maxroll.gg/resources/season-23-start-level-1-gambling-cubing

and you can filter Kadala by level if you're looking for specific items
https://www.d3planner.com/game/74291/kadala

That's exactly what I need. Thanks!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I dunno, you still can't get out of combat super easily. Although now that Emanate Homing pads are a thing maybe this is going to be a lot different.

I haven't messed with hardcore much.

Got to paragon 30 on my Crusader, working on season journeys so I can get my set. My first season start in two or three years and my first on the switch.

I don't think I had ever leveled in rifts before - coming from diablo 2, and earlier d3, even when rifts we're available I always liked to level in the story for some reason. It was always really fun to pick bad endgame skills and make them work for a few levels when you can curbstomp things.

I wish Rifts had a little more variety, but for what they are they're pretty great. It's too bad d3 has been in standby mode for years for the most part. It really could've benefitted from that third expansion, but at least they gave us some of those zones.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

FFT posted:

That's how Path of Exile does it, right?

Would you have to make a new hardcore character to pull stuff from the HC stash and get it killed to bring it over lol

I believe that's how league only poe items get into standard before the league is added to standard play at the next big patch.

A funny mechanic imo

There's also a kind of funny RP aspect of it if you wish to indulge me - a great warrior spends his days slaughtering millions of creatures, and finally succumbs to their relentless assault (or, a one shot that was not properly rendered due to lag or other factors). They awaken in the afterlife, only to find it exactly the same, except all their scrappy compatriots have been replaced by grognards with insanity inducing hallucinations following them around (mtx), and their gear is beyond imagination.

Our hero, anticipating his own ascension to this new pantheon of warrior, waits grimly in town, only to never venture forth again. Sort of a Toy Story style "And then the boy outgrew his toys" theme.

External Organs fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 5, 2021

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

The pee is stored in the thumbs

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Playing a Crusader with Shield Bash / Shield Glare with Flail of the Ascended and man, this build is fun as gently caress. Not very far as I'm a casual switch dude, GR 53 maybe but just finally got the flail last night after many cube upgrades and it's just quite fun.

Probably not a top tier build but it just feels like you're playing a guided missile. Got roland's and captain crimson, running piro mirella in my cube and a topaz in my helmet for even more reduced resource cost.

Edit: does anyone know if Shield Glare with Flail of the Ascended and the wrath rune would proc the resource generating attack needed for bastions of will? Not sure what my ring setup should be. Either that or something with Justice Lantern. Still farming for stuff.

External Organs fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 10, 2021

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

texaholic posted:

Are there any crusader sets worth playing with? I feel like have run every class in past year or so except crusader.

I'm having fun with roland's shield bash but I'm only at GR82 or something and I am starting to hit damage wall, but I'm also pretty casual 1 hour per night guy, not even using three legendary gems yet. Gear for sure needs to be optimized.

Like the other guy said, AoV is cool too. I just got the full set and have been messing with it too, it kills faster than roland's but I don't have it tanky enough yet to push. But at least the FoH version seems like it could be fast enough for bounties. Not like WW fast but passable.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Dumb question, are follower setups saved within the weapons locker builds?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

IK barb is kind of a pet build isn't it?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Diablo 4 looks completely lacking in ideas.

The rune system looked kind of neat if I remember correctly - wasn't it like building sets of actions that would occur when various triggers would occur?

We haven't seen their latest iteration though.

Edit: https://diablo4.wiki.fextralife.com/Runes

Idk. Seems dope to me!

External Organs fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 30, 2021

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

bamhand posted:

So are there going to be dupes/hacks/bots everywhere for D2R? I'm really having trouble seeing how people are going to enjoy that game without it.

D2 is such a poo poo game without cheating.

I think the console version might be superior simply because you won't have to drag items to the stash manually.

I mean, I presume.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I always had the most fun in Act 5 on nightmare difficulty with a phoenix strike assassin. That was a good time.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

They should add bounties to D2R. Good God.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Started a hardcore DH on switch a few nights ago to muck around with and it does definitely change how the game feels to play. Tense!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I'm at the point of the current season that I'm over 200 paragon on my HC Barbarian, with pretty close to a full Wastes build for whirlwhind rend and it's a lot of fun to just lawn mower enemies, but I keep just jumping up Torment levels at this point and it's REAL scary since the last 4 characters in HC I have played I lost at Torment 6 due to a multi-hit insta kill GR boss at Torment 6.

I'm currently clearing Torment 8 without breaking a sweat too much ( The flame thrower enemies/traps always give me a flutter, and getting stuck in a waller with molten, or a wormhole into molten are nightmares I have ).

Sounds rad. I enjoy the leveling process so I think I'm maybe level 20... I'll get there though.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Jaxyon posted:

I'm currently playing sweep attack/Rolands crusader and it lets me kill everything in like 2 hits at T10 and hasn't really slowed down.

I guess that'll change when I get in higher GR's but my complaint is it's not immensely satisfying.

*sweep*
*sweep*

In SC I can run t16 with roland's with shield bash and the shield that causes your blinding flash to do the damage of your last five shield bashes combined. It's a fun build. It's not like top tier or anything but it's the same set...

Definitely more satisfying though!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Powering your bot with gold and random gems and poo poo would make a fascinating endgame grind.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Crusader is my favorite class overall in the game Diablo III and I will miss them in Diablo 4

The "feeling like an armored weapons platform" feeling is super dope.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Wonder if they'll make more items that Emanate.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

It's a game that feels great to pop into every couple of months until you want to do something else.

Unlike other diablo like ARPGs, I feel like D3 is fairly respectful of my time in regards to it's drop rates and such. I feel this more and more as I get older and have more dad stuff to do.

This is really the opposite of D2. The remaster is going to be fascinating I think; it'll look great, but the systems have not aged well. Maybe if you play it like a roguelike or something. I am super curious to see if they update anything other than the appearance.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I'm looking forward to D4. Do we know if consoles are gonna have crossplay with PC yet? I know they added in the D3 console dodge thing to everyone.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

I’d hate for you folks to think of me as a sap or a simple boob, but those screenshots have pushed me fully past “Interested and excited” to “Holy gently caress I am so loving hyped show me the Druid stuff Blizzard YOU BASTARDS!!!!”

I also can't wait to bash poo poo and have stuff fly all over the screen. Diablo is good.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

The endgame of D2 is completely terrible. I'd be interested if they did a serious content patch but I doubt it. If there's a demo I'll try it. Xbox most likely.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Swilo posted:

It's ok, they're listening to feedback from the alpha and have not only revamped the graphics for the blizzard spell but also increased from 1 to 3 shared stash tabs so I'm sure this is on their roadmap :rolleyes:

Lmao I saw this on my news feed and yeah, awesome, great job guys.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I really enjoyed Path of Diablo for a few months a year or so ago. Still running strong, has a good and very nice online community. Great co op experience.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Tubgoat posted:

Well, someone can, but it sure ain't me, I level each class to 70 at the start of the season and that probably takes me longer than it would anyone else. x'D

I also enjoy the leveling in D3. So many weird skills to play with!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Waroduce posted:

so end game D3 is pushing GR's, what is end game D2 like? do they have rifts?

After the hell difficulty, there is only the accumulation of more loot, which is traditionally found by running bosses with magic find gear - ideally in a a character that can teleport, or by clearing giant packs of cows (yes. Cows) in a secret cow level.

Diablo 2 is like, pre modern ARPG endgames, I would say. Oh, and because loot is not instanced, there's no incentive for group play, although folks still do that for XP, mainly rerunning the final zone over and over.

At the time it was a lot of fun I swear.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I like them both but man the ragdoll physics in D3 are crazy satisfying.

Also, many lols at the idea of PoE running remotely as well on switch as D3 does. Hell of a porting job.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Yikes. Hopefully they clean house and we can smash monsters in, uh, 2026?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I had an incredible time playing Path of Diablo a year or two ago, but yeah the QoL updates to that in terms of drop rates, end game, skill diversity, inventory imbiggenmemt were palpable.

Ironically I'm hopeful D2R is successful so they actually do choose to do something neat with it. At the very least it may make D4 better.

Played a lot of Children of Morta this weekend after reading about the D2R beta, but not having access to it. Not a looter, but has fun ARPG mechanics/skill tree. Free on gamepass if anyone wants to try it. Scratched a nice itch for me.