Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I shoulda known

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Serious question because I haven't played since RoS first came out:

Are the highest levels of play still only accessible to a very particular set of gear and skill loadout for each class?

Short answer yes but long answer is that it depends what you consider the "highest levels of play". The only area of the game that is uncapped in difficulty are greater rifts, and if you want to compete on the leaderboards you will be using a cookie-cutter build.

But aside from GRs, torment 13 is the highest difficulty and offers a lot of flexibility in how you want to set up your character. Many people will take one of the GR clearing builds and replace a few pieces for a "speed" build, there are many speed builds are completely different than GR builds, you can ignore all that and just play what you want.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

As a giant noob I appreciate the new OP.

Yeah forgot to mention thanks for actually writing an OP, here's to people asking questions answered in the OP for the next 2 years

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Yes & No. If highest levels of play is TX-TXIII and high end GR, then yes, many builds are viable.

If you have true tryhard aspirations and want to hit the highest possible GRifts, then this chart is probably gonna bum you out:

I'll add this to the OP because I feel like this will hold true until a patch drops.

I think that chart is missing the buff to impale DH

e: also comparing this to how the leaderboards shook out in S10 he seems wrong

mewse fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 28, 2017

mewse
May 2, 2006

Top of the ladder is all wizard but behind wiz is some kinda LoN WD (don't play enough WD to know the build) and he hasn't got any WD specs in there til C tier

http://www.diablo3ladder.com/

mewse
May 2, 2006

Here are actual top GR builds for each class from S10

pre:
GR
109	lightning wiz
105	LoN wd
104	hammer sader + r6 monk
103	ww barb
102	impale DH

mewse
May 2, 2006

Plavski posted:

I have full Rathmas and Jesseth and it's a solid build. I need the ring that generates mages tho

Same. Was clearing torment 7 while spamming summon mage, annoying

mewse
May 2, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Admittedly I have ~1150 paragon but with a little help from some banked gear/gems I managed to clear a GR60 with just 6pc Inarius + CE and In-geom / CE gloves / CoE in the cube. My goal now is to switch out Endless Walk for the BA necklace + CE ring, farm up the 2H poison scythe, and see how many beezies I can get from a 3-4 poison stack CE.

Any idea why icy veins says to wear a 1h+shield when you could wield the 2h scythe and all abilities are based on weapon dmg

mewse
May 2, 2006

Carebearz posted:

for which set? From what i've seen/heard the weapon set is crucial for Rathma's, but Reilana's crowhook is for Trag and Inarius, while the Sickle(spelling?) of the Cycle and Lost time offhand are BiS for pestilence

Inarius corpse explosion

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-corpse-explosion-build-with-the-inarius-set-patch-2-6-season-11

mewse
May 2, 2006

Seems silly to trade weapon damage for some CDR + negligible shield defense

exquisite tea posted:

There are a lot of choices with that build I wouldn't make TBQH. For one you can just equip the 2H poison Scythe then cube In-Geom for all your CDR needs. Then you wouldn't even need OrotZ to get a permanent CE snowball going, and could wear the 200% damage CE ring and the 300% damage to stunned ring while keeping the Bone Armor neck, while keeping CoE in the cube. Those combined would easily eclipse the effects of Trag'ouls while letting the Necro wear a 2H, which is what you really want for CE since it's all base weapon damage. Trying to wedge curses in there is too unwieldy I think. Take out spreading Malediction and Blood is Power then slot in extra health globes on corpse use and Necro cheat death. At least that's what I'm going for.

oo seems good, might try this

mewse fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 28, 2017

mewse
May 2, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

So it seems that there's a hidden internal mechanic on skeletons that bypasses enforcer's 90% dmg reduction bonus: skeletons die upon taking damage 24 times, regardless of how much damage it is. If you stand them in a puddle of poison or any fast-attacking AoE on Normal, they will die after the 24th tick of damage, even if each tick is just 1 damage. Hopefully this is some kind of bug because they die too drat fast to AoE fast-ticking attacks. RGs like Voracity would probably keep the skeletons nearly permanently dead.

Might be by design because skeleton death is a requirement for some procs?

mewse
May 2, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

What procs require skeletons to die? Must have missed it/them.

I misread the Jesseth set bonus :saddowns:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Funny thing is I noticed there are more passives than most of the other classes, and now I'm hearing they're all trash

mewse
May 2, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

I'm on live chat trying to get a refund for the Necromancer, I hate it so much.

Lol

mewse
May 2, 2006

Pastry Mistakes posted:

If I reformed an older legacy item from several seasons ago today, would that item just reroll its legacy abilities, or would it basically upgrade it the the new version of the item?

Unfortunately you need to obtain the new version of the item to get its new orange text

mewse
May 2, 2006

I prefer diablofans builds, icyveins is ok

mewse
May 2, 2006

This week's challenge rift is dumb as hell

Katamari Democracy posted:

Oh man you reminded me that Quin69 does not really do Diablo stuff anymore. :( That dude was hilarious.

RIP in peace quin :(

mewse
May 2, 2006

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What is a 'speedfarm' set? Isn't the point of getting better gear to increase you farm/kill speed in all cases?

There are items like in-geom that help speed clear T10/T13 but are a liability if you are trying to clear GRs. Similarly, there are items like goldwrap that make you indestructible but flat out don't work in GRs because gold doesn't drop in GRs.

Taken to the logical conclusion some classes have "cosmetic farming" sets that stack resource cost reduction / cooldown reduction so that you can run a game on normal and move as fast as possible, because drop rates on cosmetics like cosmic wings aren't dependent on difficulty.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Stricken or BotP are usually solid choices

mewse
May 2, 2006

The upcoming conqs are all rehashes and pretty easy, except the set dungeons one, gently caress that one

mewse
May 2, 2006

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

A neat tool and all, but isn't all that tracked in-game?

Sometimes you want to look up what you have left on the journey and you are not currently playing the game

mewse
May 2, 2006

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

Fair enough. Just wondered if there was functionality I wasn't seeing/appreciating.

The in-game interface also only shows you up to the highest page you haven't completed, so you can't look ahead to see what will be coming up on the next page.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Double XP expiring soon! Be sure to level those non-season characters!!

mewse
May 2, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

:siren:Reminder that if you want to claim the rewards on your seasonal character, you can't do the challenge rift until after the season begins.:siren:

Oooo how big a gift will the crafting mats be when creating weapons during the 1-70 grind, and rerolling for reduced level req

mewse
May 2, 2006

What are the chances of a necro exploit erasing the S11 leaderboards in a couple weeks

mewse
May 2, 2006

Actually the game doesn't really start until you are doing 4 man GR90s :smug:

mewse
May 2, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I want to be a Monk this season. Can a ZMonk be helpful? I also want to solo a gr70 so that I can get more Primals than my lame dumb friends who never get any Primals (and are lame)

ZMonk is cool and a good way to get into the meta but monks seem pretty weak with solo specs right now. I could never figure out 6pc raiment because it is so fragile and I struggled with soloing GR70 until I switched to inna's EP and got a GR with density.

I'm planning on going DH this season because impale is OP

mewse
May 2, 2006

Rhykker has posted his build rankings for the upcoming season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13e1nZomeL4

mewse
May 2, 2006

spit on my clit posted:

how the gently caress do you get the cube i keep hearing about? zoltan fuckass told me how to get it, and I'm at some rear end in a top hat's body on a throne in a snowy fortress, but there's no cube

It's in ruins of sescheron but the 2nd area (elder something?) and it's in a little alcove behind a ruined wall, not the throne room.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Furism posted:

What's zdps, DH and group meta?

Zero DPS - in 4p GR pushing, barbs scout/pull the mobs and monks heal/cc with ZDPS specs

DH - demon hunter

Group meta - the metagame of choosing which specs to put in a 4 player party to optimize the group for GR pushing

GR - greater rift

mewse
May 2, 2006

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Does the season roll over right at midnight, or is there a set time for it tomorrow? I haven't played in forever and I don't remember how it works.

Season 11 begins Thursday, July 20, at 5:00 p.m. PDT in North America, 5:00 p.m. CEST in Europe, and 5:00 p.m. KST in Asia.

mewse
May 2, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

Dumb question but I haven't really played since before rifts were a thing. If I melt legendaries into the cube during the season, do they become part of my standard cube's repertoire when the season ends?

All your stuff gets converted to non-season. Blood shards get added together and are allowed to temporarily exceed your cap. Crafting mats get added together. Items from the stash get mailed to you. Characters get converted to non-season wearing all their gear and whatever's in their bags.

mewse
May 2, 2006

The Diablo 3 facebook posted a thing about how the skeletal mage ring is so cool. Go spam them with how skeletal mage sucks and you hate it

mewse
May 2, 2006

MikeC posted:

What is the best bounty speed farming build for Necros atm?

Inarius + warzechian (+ hoarder + goldwrap?) is probably solid

mewse
May 2, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

Here's a good site for that if you want to see the minimum levels: http://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala

That is a good site. On a level 1 monk I would gamble blood shards on boots because I'd have a chance at either level 8 crudest boots or level 8 rivera dancers, both of which are really good for leveling.

Gotta figure out what to roll for DH...

e: looks like rolling belts at level 13 for hellcat waistguard might be a good idea

e: aw dude the necro's skeletal mage ring is the only ring they have available at level 11, that should mean you can roll a level 1 necro and gamble rings and it will be the only legendary option

mewse fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 20, 2017

mewse
May 2, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Starfire able to be gambled at level 8 for Wizards, Manald Heal at 24.

Trying to gamble starfire with the free blood shards will be risky because there are 4 1h weapon options at level 8

mewse
May 2, 2006

4 million gold haha, instantly upgrade all vendors and buy all stash tabs

mewse
May 2, 2006

bio347 posted:

What's the threshold for gambling items above your level? Like, wouldn't you need your necromancer to be level 11 to get the mages ring or is it just that that's the lowest potential option so if it rolls orange that's the one you get?

My experience with monk boots was that people thought you had to be level 8 but you could roll at level 1 and it would spit out level 8 legendaries

mewse
May 2, 2006

Tom Tucker posted:

Is the idea to get a legendary with a powerful enough effect (doubling skeletal mages for instance) that it will last a long time leveling even as you outscale the stats? Is it so you can extract the power from the cube? Both?

Both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

spit on my clit posted:

I'll try monk out for this season, I guess. Never played as one before, any tips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmAuZBfrR4k