Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Kenta Kobashi good. Can't imagine the politicking leading up to this one. Probably the most predictable time limit draw in history but should be a good one nevertheless.

https://twitter.com/FortuneKK0327/status/1118148917609336835?s=19

This seems like as good a time to ask as any.

How in the name of gently caress are you meant to pronounce SEAdLINNNG anyway? I've seen it written about and always wondered about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Like "Seedling/SeadRing" it's supposed to be a play on the L/R sounds because Nanae is "plating the seeds to the future" and uh...They wrestling in a ring I guess. No idea why there's three N's. I don't think anyone really knows beyond the pun

OK, that's what I suspected but the extra N & the lowercase d totally threw me off, thanks.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

This is potentially rad.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Deciding whether or not NXT Japan is worth losing a ton of great stars in exchange for the occasional good NXT Takeover: Osaka

e: After considering it for a while, it'd be pretty neat to see a Takeover card with Saree vs Io Shirai and Kushida vs Akira Tozawa

Fortunately Tozawa should be done by the end of the year unless he's offered a bonkers contract.

NXT Japan would be terrible. Not as a product obviously, it could be very entertaining to watch. But for the damage it could do to Japanese wrestling, it would be terrible.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Huntman posted:

we can't run from the NXT parasite forever.

Cannot wait for NXT Svalbard.

Actually, low key best part is that they've included Iran in there, despite the various sanctions, and yet have excluded Pakistan.

Also I'm pretty sure they've coloured in North Korea too so that's dope. NXT Pyongyang International Sports and Culture Festival for Peace 2.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Checks out.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I know the square root of gently caress all about Stardom, but if you're Bushiroad it seems like a no-brainer? The biggest building they run regularly seems to be Korakuen, and they are doing well if they break 1,000 fans. So you put on a match at Wrestle Kingdom & it's going to have a lot of eyes on it live and a lot of eyes on it at home on World (I suppose it won't be shown on World Pro Wrestling what with the different TV deals) which increases the chances of drawing new people to shows.

I get why people would be sceptical of it but with 2 shows in 2 days they can absolutely carve out 20-25 minutes (including entrances etc) for a match to show off what Stardom offers. I'm just not seeing a downside from Bushiroad's perspective.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

So far we've got Milano Collection AT doing coaching at Stardom and auditions for new talent.

I'm not saying Milano should gift Mikeru to one of his trainees but I would be very thrilled if that happened.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It's balls because Sareee was one of the best wrestlers in the world last year from what I saw of her but also felt inevitable for at least 4 months.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Johnny Landmine posted:

Two of the three billed wrestlers were dudes but the promotion has "joshi" in the name so it goes here. If you were in Tokyo last night but didn't go to Gake no Fuchi Joshi with Miyako Matsumoto vs. Chris Brookes and Drew Parker, you made a mistake

I just saw a photo of Brookes throwing a dart at someones back and yeah, wrestling.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Excited for Sareee to finally get a chance to learn how to do forward rolls & work the hard cam.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Probably because Bea and Giulia were featured in it, and both were born in the UK/London.

Given the Daily Mail is a real lovely newspaper to be featured in considering its held in very low regard apparently?

It's a trash newspaper but its website gets massive traffic and so its still a reasonably big deal.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Punch McLightning posted:

No, People Gate!

Stealing the Dragongate naming convention. Appalling.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

coconono posted:

ok why is the death lady doing aheago

Assume you mean Death Yama-san? As far as I can tell that's just her thing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/MVH_PW/status/1238921359209660418?s=20

Basically what it says on the tin, almost all of the 193 episodes of All Japan Women Classics from the first episode that covers stuff from a show from May 1983. Matches are probably clipped to some extent but it's still a pretty cool collection.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rad

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

When I logged on this morning & saw this thread had so many new posts over night my heart sank, but actually seeing the news and it physically felt like my stomach dropped. She was a charismatic, talented young woman. Whole life in front of her, not just in wrestling but life in general. It shouldn't happen. It happened because people are loving vile & social media enables it.

Reach out to your friends & family. Let them know they are loved. That they aren't alone in this horribly cruel world.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

Even after sleeping on it I am still crushed. This is hitting me harder than other wrestler deaths

She was so loving young. I think that's why I've just felt horrendously hollow all day. Every single thing I've seen from wrestlers & fans who'd interacted with Hana just made her seem like an incredibly nice young woman. Had her whole life in front of her and she's been robbed of it and it's absolutely horrendous to think about.

Brody King had a short twitter thread about his interactions with her

https://twitter.com/Brodyxking/status/1264087697737437185?s=20
https://twitter.com/Brodyxking/status/1264087963744432128?s=20
https://twitter.com/Brodyxking/status/1264099578745221120?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I think at some point as a society we need to look at the harm that reality TV has on its "stars". Hana is sadly far from the first to have killed themselves after being in a reality show. There was an article last year in a UK paper that there'd been at least 38 reality show contestants/stars around the globe who've killed themselves in the last 15 or so years. It shouldn't happen. At the bare minimum there should be much more mental health support for the people involved.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Punch McLightning posted:

Just now watching Hayter vs. Watanabe from February in Stardom and I just have to say that the KBS Hall is an astonishing venue for wrestling. Absolutely beautiful.

Also, the match slaps.

Every wrestling show should be at KBS Hall. Or at least every wrestling venue should have a massive stained glass window opposite the hardcam.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Is there a way to watch Ice Ribbon? or has it been mentioned and I have to check the first post?

They have some shows & matches on their Youtube but I believe the best way to watch them is to subscribe to their NicoNico channel which is 550 Yen a month

Also their online shop ships abroad but I think there's a minimum spend.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

She's still capable of a good match. Not going to get a ***** match from her

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I just found out that Diana ran a show yesterday on Nico Nico. So is that a thing they are doing regularly now or is it just going to be dojo shows or what's the deal here?

Typical that Sareee leaves and it suddenly gets easier to watch their stuff online.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yeah, shootboxing is kind of rad in that it's kick boxing but with clinches, throws & standing even submissions.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

There's a Sendai Girls dojo show live on Youtube on Thursday if anyone is interested in that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP8gIRc_jUo

5pm JST, 9am BST, 4am EST

(I could be overselling it, you know what Google Translate can be like. It might be just a live stream of their training session which could still be pretty interesting)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

Not just them either: Stardom and Ice Ribbon working together is very interesting as well: they didn't have a good relationship before the Giulia thing happened and after that it was positively frosty.

I see what you did there

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Maika is the TAKA trainee right? Isn't she only about 12 months into her career?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That'll really boil some western fan piss if it happens.

Was that match this morning, between Sareee and Yoshiko? Or was it yesterday?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Voices of Wrestling have a good preview up of the Pro Wrestling ASSEMBLE show that airs tomorrow

It's on PPV if you want to drop 2000 Yen on it

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

duckdealer posted:

Sorry if I just overlooked this piece of information but is it known how long it will be available if I buy it?

Not a long time, to quote the preview I posted, "can be watched live or on-demand through October 4."

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

phillock88 posted:

Anyone here watch the Assemble show then?

I only know some of the bigger names and companies but I've always liked these kind of shows.

Got into New Japan with the All Together show years ago so hopefully this would get into joshi proper!

I've only seen a bit of it so far but one thing I'll say is the venue is really unusual. From the hardcam it looks like its inside some sort of warehouse, but from other angles you can see it's more like a stage, with the crowd on the hardcam side so you can't see them. It's a unique venue. They are also apparently doing another show in November, hopefully this is positive thing for Joshi in general.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

After their deathmatch tag match today, Jun Kasai told Rina Yamashita "these days many joshi wrestlers decorate themselves in glittery costumes and nice make up. Today you've decorated yourself in blood and I think you look more beautiful than any one of them. We're so lucky to have you." then they linked arms and jumped into a pile of broken glass and I think that's beautiful

This rules.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Thauros posted:

gently caress, this has been a depressing thread today. loved her work in stardom this year

Yeah, the Mayu match in February ruled. Horrible blow for her.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Can't believe she has turned her back on GLEAT like this.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The 24th September SEAdLINNNG show featuring Yoshiko vs Sareee has been uploaded to their Youtube channel if you've not seen that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6ZOrr9Er0I

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Is anyone planning to buy the Stardom PPV tomorrow?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Thauros posted:

i attempted to purchase the original yokohama show that got postponed due to positive COVID tests. pia requires a japanese phone number and i couldn't get around it. honestly even if it was available i don't think i'd be able to do this one as it's not as compelling a card, it's running against kobe world,and most of the people i was planning on attempting to watch yokohama with via a rabbit.tv type deal have comparatively sane, normal, adult sleeping schedules (couldn't imagine personally). this one's at a comparatively less friendly start time

Yeah, 5am is far too early for me to buy a PPV knowing I will inevitably crash at some point during it. Plus I've already got the DG Network so seems a no brainer for me to pick that show. (Actually on that talk I should probably go to bed soon)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm watching the SEAdLINNNG show from earlier this month with Yoshiko defending against Aja Kong and Best Friends vs Yuu and Ayame Sasamura.

For some reason they turned down the audience and in ring volume relative to the commentators in the picture and picture and it really detracts from this. Could swear this isn't normal for NicoNico

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

News of the next Assemble show

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1329974637996830723?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lamuella posted:

iirc isn't Stewart Fulton the guy who does pancrase commentary?

Yes. And this is the team that did English commentary on recent NOAH shows too. Which I still haven't seen but love that it exists.