Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Is there a general timeframe to when we can expect Hyper Misao's show to hit Wrestle Universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Aw gently caress dude I'm heartbroken :( When I first got into TJPW and DDT Sakisama and Saki Akai matches were ones I actively sought out. She is so cool.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Rarity posted:

Why would Sakisama be going as well? :thunkher:

No, no, I never said that, I just said I sought them out…on Saki Akai’s recommendation, of course. So it is sad to see someone with such good taste leave us.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

:allears:

I can't wait to watch this.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Hype! just dropped on Wrestle Universe. :getin:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Shoko Nakajima vs. YOSHIHIKO is the match of the year actually

The best part of any YOSHIHIKO match is that at some point some spot happens that feels completely 100% real and for me it was that bridging German, god drat :allears:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Ishin posted:

Thumbs down Endo and Black Dragon should definitely take over for Neo Biishiki-igun once Saki-sama retires just based on how cool they looked on HYPE

I want to live in that universe; everything about it was perfect.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

this kid is nuts posted:

Gonna need a translation for that 10-act Elizabethan play in HYPE. Holy poo poo talk about high-effort

"Koda: Okay, I'll let you book your own show...
Misao: Sound, I'll just draft a 100-page script. Mahiro, I hope you're okay with learning 500 lines and stretching your acting range from suave androgynous heart-throb to squeaky Idol back to overly-apologetic nerd"
The Dramatic DDT WordPress blog has a solid synopsis of everything but who do I have to pay to get the GCCX SA subbing team on this, seriously.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Barry Bluejeans posted:

:hfive: GCCX buddy, I was totally unaware that there was still an SA team doing subs so imagine my delight when I looked into it just now and found tons of episodes for me to catch up on. Thanks!

:hellyeah: Happy to help! GCCX, ADTRW, and Let's Plays were the reason I even registered way back in the day. And PSP brought me roaring back.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Aw man...I really hope she can get it checked out and heal up.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Juria will be back at Summer Sun Princess?? Yesss

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Wrestle Princess III was my jumping on point and it loving Whips. I understood more or less all the characters immediately, fell in love with MIZUKI, Shoko Nakajima, Miyu Yamashita, Miu Watanabe, and Hyper Misao, and the English commentary helped. Add in the Grand Princess where the full NEO Biishiki-gun has a match and you have absolute banger shows to get into the whole deal.

And yeah, Summer Sun Princess is coming up and has an absolutely insane card. TJPW helped make me a regular watcher again so I hope you enjoy it too!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Aww, while I definitely understand I'm still super sad she's retiring. Would have been cool.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

TJPW is great fun because the wrestlers are all either Completely loving Awesome like Miyu and Yuka or just, like, insanely charismatic and fun like...most of the rest of the roster. I hope that when Yuka gets her surgery and comes back to AEW proper she can go hard as hell.

Miyu Yamashita vs. Athena in ROH was fan-loving-tastic, probably because Athena and Miyu laid it in.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I thought Better Than You Bay Bay had tag team entrance of the year sewn up but then Kamiyu and ASUKA entered to Telephone in what may have been one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

MIZUKI vs. Maki Itoh was incredible. That last sequence made me a wreck. Amazing stuff. And the NEO Biishiki-gun match was just so so so funny :allears:

Great show.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I'm trying to understand - I'm reading it like Asuka is saying she doesn't keep tabs on Joshi wrestling outside of a few but is glad that she's played some kind of a part in helping Japanese women get booked and seen as legitimate in America, though when she started she was savaged by the media? Something like that? Or am I just missing a bunch of context.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

wrestling fans are often Kinda Racist

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I'm a sucker for weird gimmicky promotions and anything related to sukeban so color me tentatively interested. Loved that hype video.

Though the whole recasting thing gives me Wrestling Revolution Project vibes, which ended up being a thing that never actually happened, so, we'll see.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Watched some Ganbare Pro shows last night and I think Sayaka Unagi and Mio Momono might have become two of my favorite wrestlers overnight.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Well, it had one more episode than Wrestling Revolution Project but it has a few to go to reach Wrestling Society X.

Really unusual promotion. Looking forward to finding a way to watch a replay. Wish it wasn't on TikTok but it seems fun so far.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

This will be a respectful match okay they're gonna come out of it a stronger team than ever :negative:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

I was all excited to watch Wrestle Princess tonight, but apparently it's in a week??? :negative:

Oh man, for some reason I had the same experience!! At least for me this means I get two weekends of great wrestling in a row instead of a single burst but dammit I want Wrestle Princess!!! :negative:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Act Yasukawa was such an inspiration for me before the horrible incident. I mean she still is but y'know, that was such a terrible thing to happen. I hope she only gets good things in her life, whatever the next stage of it is.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

gently caress I'm going to miss her so much

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I think it kinda rules on a lot of levels, but I know that's the part of me who thought the ideas behind WRP were Kinda Neat and loves weird art projects talking. I doubt it'll last long but it'll be fun while it does.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Man, that loving rules. I love stories like that. Pro wrestling is the best.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I have no idea how they'll be able to top the squeaky hammers going into business for themselves but I believe in them.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Same. She has good taste and I must know more.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Aw man!! :( I hope it's nothing too horrible that real rest can't fix. She's had a pretty crazy year and I'm glad I got to see her wrestle live but arm numbness can be serious. Hopefully she heals up and makes it big over the year.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

On Monday Unagi Sayaka is running a Produce show at Korakuen Hall, here's a tweet with the lineup

https://twitter.com/unapi0902/status/1742823605686374791?s=20

It is apparently airing on Samurai TV on the 20th January, so that'll be fun.

Also have this promotional photo for the show

https://twitter.com/unapi0902/status/1743514995542139000?s=20

Well this looks amazing, I'll have to watch this once a link is available.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The Monk Renaissance is coming any day now thanks to the Kino Lorber Blu-Rays and Peacock movie...I believe...

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Oh...that's a shame. I really liked her. I know she was only part time and the injury didn't help but I loved her tag team and she had such a cool gimmick. She was an early highlight when I first started watching.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Suplex Liberace posted:

https://youtu.be/4055UJzn1aU?si=3Cj8K2CN91oGHmZm

please watch this aja kong match but be warned its pretty brutal and im 100 percent positive KAORU loses a tooth (no gum!)

gently caress yes. Thank you for posting this

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

ganpro just split off from cyberfight, have rossy run ganjo and lead it to being the #1 joshi promotion

Aw hell it did? I am so out of the loop. Will it still be on the Wrestle Universe app?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Okay good. It's really become a favorite of mine, especially GanJo shows. Sounds like there are a lot of big changes afoot all around, sheesh.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Ah man :(

fez_machine posted:

uh that's not wholly true, some love him but there's plenty who hate him

Didn't Mariah May say something about not telling Rossy she was signing to AEW because he tended to be loose-lipped about this sort of thing? I'm admittedly not familiar in any way with the politics of the Joshi scene, just that this seems like a Big Deal.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Rossy tells Sonny everything, and Sonny tells everyone everything.

A lot of people hate Sonny because he's poo poo at his job, and recently, a screenshot of him talking poo poo about Starlight Kid on the WON forum was circulating online and that got a lot of people wanting him fired for sucking at everything.

https://twitter.com/pinklightsticc/status/1743138462591787017

Ah yeah, this incident was also on my mind. Gross.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1759917280509731216?t=WH8nri5Fwg7FmlAraVVfdQ&s=19

This is a good poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I love Ryo Mizunami and I watch lots of GanJo and TJPW shows and I still also think it would be sick and cool if Ryo Mizunami got a big ol' entrance on an AEW show and lots more people saw how cool Ryo Mizunami is. I like showing people my fav wrestlers and I like seeing my fav wrestlers wrestle. I think it would be cool if I got to see a big STARDOM name at a local indy also, or if one showed up to wrestle Athena. Peace and love.