Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

Okay, I need some help calling bullshit.

I went to a Mazda meet the other night and there was this dude with a MP3 Protege. And it was turboed. And he claimed he had "chassis swapped it for AWD" and it really looked like there was a rear diff under there. What the hell did I see? And no, I got no good pics of it.

http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?64402-Sp20-awd-help!!!!
Looks like it needs a subframe swap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

FOUND THE PT KEYS

they were hanging on the key hold where they were supposed to be.

Also I want to cancel our wedding, elope and buy this house
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/609-W-Oakdale-Dr_Fort-Wayne_IN_46807_M40240-64895#photo20

In all seriousness, do this.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Fort Wayne and surrounding towns are experiencing a massive boom. There's a shitload of jobs all of a sudden (too bad nobody wants to work) and not enough "nice" houses to go around. The $150K one I posted is the same age as yours and needs practically nothing but since it's in a dead area of the city (no more land for development) it has a reasonable price. There's a house of roughly the same size and age about 2 miles from our complex and it's $275K.

Edit: This is another house that's pretty close to what we'd want. It's a bit dated and doesn't have the lot size the other one has but holy hell that basement is rad.
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sa...097_rect/10_zm/

I'd much rather have a house built in the 20s than the 70s. We have a lot of late 60s-80s houses in our kinda inner ring suburbs and they're aging badly.
Any house that's made it 100 years in a shape that can pass a home inspection is pretty solid and most of the electrics and plumbing have likely been done by now.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Sounds like a steak dinner!

Edit:

GUYS THIS HOUSE HAS A REAR GARAGE DOOR FOR BACKYARD ACCESS

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3717-Hazelhurst-Dr-Fort-Wayne-IN-46804/73102143_zpid/

That house looks like it has had several separate add-ons. Some of which were poorly done (that lovely bay window is a give away). This means that you'll have fun in the crappy construction thread!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

cursedshitbox posted:

Murdered/stabbing? eh, There is a higher risk for that infront of my house in Vallejo.

Well, yeah, but that's Vallejo for you.

Vallejo actually has a pretty interesting crime scene because it tend not to be "gangs" per se, but families. Very weird. But not low crime.
OTO if you want a cheap, grand old house and don't mind hookers on the front lawn, hell yeah. My heart died a bit when the Dillon Bread Company closed. One of the few good places to eat there.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Rhyno posted:

CSB I may have missed the post but uh, what exactly prompted this move?

Bay area COL is out of hand so he went the complete opposite way?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

JFC

edit: House chat

Who wants to loan me $1.25 million?

It has a lift!

edit2:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1133-8th-Ave-Sacramento-CA-95818/25795594_zpid/

They do a pretty good of hiding that your neighbors across the street are a kind crappy apartment complex and a gas station, but it is in one of two nicest neighborhoods in the city. The end of the photos show what you can do with an 8 car garage.

nm fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 9, 2017

nm
Jan 28, 2008

They fixed it, whatever it was. You have a print screen button.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Any sub $100 tablet suggestions? (Is the fire hd the only option)

I have a kindle fire hd8 that is hosed. Keeps turning off even after a hard reset, so it is a hardware issue.
Warranty is only 3 goddamn months, tablet is 6 months old. A bunch of bullshit.
Amazon will give me $20 off a new one, but I dunno that I want to reward bullshit again.
Use is only browsing the internet and watching netflix/hulu/amazon.

Guess I shoulda bought the extended warranty, I didn't realize this only had a 3 month warranty.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

nm posted:

Any sub $100 tablet suggestions? (Is the fire hd the only option)

I have a kindle fire hd8 that is hosed. Keeps turning off even after a hard reset, so it is a hardware issue.
Warranty is only 3 goddamn months, tablet is 6 months old. A bunch of bullshit.
Amazon will give me $20 off a new one, but I dunno that I want to reward bullshit again.
Use is only browsing the internet and watching netflix/hulu/amazon.

Guess I shoulda bought the extended warranty, I didn't realize this only had a 3 month warranty.

Well, Amazon offered me $20 off a Kindle HD8 and it is on prime day for $50, so $30 kindle fire hd8 again.
I bought the warranty like a chump this time though.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Enourmo posted:

Ok is this a thing everywhere, or just here in FL aka Retirement Home USA? I've never heard of it before; makes sense though.

We have something for defrauding old people, but not just stealing from them.

We do have elder abuse. That is basically hurting anyone over 65. This is fun when both parties are over 65 and can even apply to cases where someone who is say 70 hurts a 65 year old.
Also, some people over 65 don't love that they're being treated as if they are old.

Also a fun fact for elder abuse in california:

quote:

(3) If, in the commission of an offense described in paragraph (1), the defendant proximately causes the death of the victim, the defendant shall receive an additional term in the state prison as follows:
(A) Five years if the victim is under 70 years of age.
(B) Seven years if the victim is 70 years of age or older.
Basically, killing the dude who had less time to live is the more serious crime. I mean I guess that the 70+ year old is less likely to defend himself (my grandfather would have kicked your rear end at 70 though), but still.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

InitialDave posted:

Seems like a bit of an odd thing lobbied into place by a bunch of 65 year olds.

I'd have thought something like "theft from vulnerable people or those in care" would cover the apparent intent more effectively.

It's mostly because some legislator's father got robbed or something.

making it simple >65 means that you don't have to prove the person was vulnerable or whatever, which is a really hard term to define (and would make the trial 3x as long as we'd basically have 2 days of medical testimony for an otherwise simple case). I understand why they did it that way, but it gets kind of absurd in practice.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

beep-beep car is go posted:

Note: This is hard on your liver.

Also note to not to take tylenol and drink. The warnings on the bottle should be strictly followed there.
Worth mentioning as ai seems to love booze.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

Y'all calm down now. Militant anything ain't tolerated round these backwoods.

poo poo maybe militant generosity.

I'm militant about cats being cool. Please don't ban.
I wish I had a cat pic to post. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Ehhhhh, I doubt it although he was white as gently caress. Kept whining that his cuffs were too tight every three or four minutes. The family he flashed was definitely pressing charges so bro is likely screwed. If you want to talk about prejudices and getting away with stuff, a month or so ago a (white) girl about his age also took too many hallucinogens and also stripped her clothes off. She was completely uncooperative and sprinted around nude for quite some time until we/the police corralled her... no one came up to press charges, and helpful bystanders offered their jackets and spare clothing to her. She spent a night in the hospital and called the next day asking if we found her backpack.

The good news for him is that indecent exposure is a specific intent crime (generally) and voluntary intoxication can counter specific intent.
Generally indecent exposure requires a sexual intent, which is really hard to prove when witness like you agree the reason he did it was because he was high, not a perv.

He should get convicted of taking a controlled substance, which would generally be diverted here. This is extra likely if he is white and rich.

Also, there is a massive sexist double standard for indecent exposure for men v. women. A woman can be running around naked, visibly exposing inner parts to kids, and she'll get a disturbing the peace charge with me barely having to work. Dude slightly exposes himself? Welcome to lifetime sex offender registry, population: you. The patriarchy hurts us all. I've had to fight for no registration on obvious joke streaking cases (which isn't even a crime here, but who wants to go to trial on something if lifetime sex registration is in the cards?)

edit: Socal?
LA County? He ain't getting poo poo.
OC? Might get hosed with. Unless his daddy gives a lot of money in the DA election.
IE? they have museums?
Ventura? gently caress if i know.

nm fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 23, 2017

• Locked thread