Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

That's like, six and a half litres of beer :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Well'p. There's a pre-owned 2014 BRZ with only 31,000 miles on it at a local-ish dealer for $16,500 (USD -- local is $22,000 CAD).

Guess I'm going to go look at a new car.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Previa_fun posted:

Holy poo poo folks are buying houses six times their annual income?

An actual own-the-property-and-everything-on-it house where I live costs over 600,000. I will likely need to move to the prairies if I ever want to buy something with a garage :smithicide:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

It's all about the cleanse.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I don't think I've ever seen an HOA in Canada.

Instead our housing market is so horrendously hosed up that it will need to pop several times before I can even consider maybe thinking about buying a house before I die.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Previa_fun posted:

I'm 5'6 with short legs, AMA.

Pros: Can fit in sports cars and airline seats semi comfortably.
Cons: No woman will sleep with me.

5/10 would not manlet again.

Hey short buddy (5'4") :smith::hf::smith:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ilkhan posted:

I'm currently on vacation in Las Vegas, and it's 112°F out. Perfect time to visit the hotel pool... And to get kicked out of the water for 20 minutes while they fix a light that had managed to get loose from the housing and was just floating there. 112°F is loving hot.

Yeah, I was there during the heat wave three weeks ago. gently caress, that was unpleasant. Most of my time was at least inside at the Mandalay Bay convention center, but those brief moments of "you need to go outside to catch a shuttle or go to a Walgreens" was hell.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

I'll take the status quo any day over sheer mind-numbing horror of a Trump administration.

I don't live in the US (rather, your northern neighbour) but since what happens in the US affects everyone else (us especially) I've got to agree with you.

Big money's gonna run the show either way. I'd rather have the big money running the show that's fronted by a party whose policy isn't "will you all just please die quietly" (and preferably one that doesn't have a trend of picking candidates experiencing early signs of dementia).

Rhyno posted:

Everyone is cool except mormons.

Eh. Mormons can be cool if they're cool about it. It's not like an actual no poo poo bona fide cult like the JWs (well, except for the FLDS, but there's a lot of No True Mormon there).

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 27, 2017

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I can't speak much to racing games but the DualShock 4 is probably the best controller if you want both solid analog stick control and a good D-pad for eg. emulation. Windows 10 has native drivers for it, too, so no faffing about with chinesium hackery like the DualShock 3 needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vat grown meat is really cool and raises a lot of questions about things like religious and moral food restrictions. Like, I wonder if a cheeseburger with vat grown meat is kosher.

• Locked thread