Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Crowley says hi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

The Locator posted:

There is almost always a meter with shutoff valve somewhere near the edge of the property where they do the meter reading. I seriously doubt that they come into your basement to read the meter

Look at this scrub who has never lived where it snows. My gas and water meters are in my basement. Electrical is on the outside though.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

gently caress YES ITS CHERRY PICKIN SEASON

5lbs of sweet, 5lbs of sour.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

BraveUlysses posted:

i've never seen all yellow ones though

Probably because they bruise if you look at them. I "had" to eat them all tonight before they got worse.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

House chat: when I called a mortgage company to see if they could compete with my credit union the guy was surprised how low of a price range we were shopping. He didn't take long to try recommending we shop in the 3x or more salary range at which point I nicely hung up on him.

When I called the Credit Union about a mortgage they were the same way:

:v: "What are you looking at?"

:11tea: "Houses in the 175 to 210 range"

:v: "With your credit you could go a lot higher, why not look at houses in the 300s?"

:11tea: "...because I want to be able to afford it even if things don't go 100% right forever and ever?"

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

It's all about perspective but for me living in the Northeast it still blows my mind when people call houses from the 30s "old." My best friend grew up in an house from 1793. I believe we celebrated the houses 200th birthday too. Dad's house growing up was from 1800. Mom's childhood home was from the 18th century too. Some friends of friends in Salem live in a house where part of it is from the 1600s. The upstairs was modernized, but the downstairs original part wasn't, so I got to go to a Christmas party in an almost 400 year old great room (with a gently caress-off big fireplace) My current place was built in '48 and it's a little too new for my wife and I.

But then everyone in Europe looks over and chuckles to themselves from their 1000 year old houses.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Congrats on the move! I'm hoping for lots of photos in threads here and on Instagram :D How's your Ukrainian?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

Ukraine adventure

Look, if nobody else is going to say it, I will:

This looks awesome and I'm jealous.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Wrar posted:

AI Dads/Moms how nervous should I be since my wife is due any time now.

When my daughter was born, she took one look at sleep and said "that poo poo ain't for me." From birth to 11 months old or so she slept in 30-45 minute increments. One night my phone logged me walking 5 miles up and down the hallway trying to get her to sleep.

So good luck!

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

On grandpa's old knucklehead.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

The Locator posted:

You can also stack ibuprofen and acitomitaphin (Tylenol - I probably have the chemical spelling wrong). I had a doc tell me to take them alternating every two hours to prevent the up/down cycle of every four hours.

Note: This is hard on your liver.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

The Locator posted:

It's not intended for long-term use.

Darn right :v: a (healthy) liver is pretty resilient but Tylenol ain't nothing to gently caress wit.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Ugh, I was born in 80. I choose to have the generational label "I was born in 80, whatevs."

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

Just one more thing the boomers hate me for I guess.

We can't begin to fix the world until the last Boomer is gone. I love my parents and my wife loves hers, but gently caress Boomers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Seminal Flu posted:

Cod has never been on my radar... what's the best source?

Cod is amazing, tasty, flaky, wonderful fish.

You probably shouldn’t eat it.

It’s not sustainable anymore, and (most) “sustainable” fishing methods aren’t. Cod grows very
Slowly to get to market size (15 years plus) and the overfishing in the 70s and 80s off the coast of New England really stripped out the cod. It’ll be decades still before you can guilt free eat cod.

If you’re really wanting to get some, Icelandic cod is the least bad. Remember too, “pacific cod” isn’t cod.

• Locked thread