Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Me IRL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Timby posted:

Suddenly, all life as we know it stops simultaneously and every molecule in our bodies explodes at the speed of light.

Total Protonic Reversal.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I can't imagine being angry about the casting of anyone. If I find out a character I like is gonna be played by someone I dislike, I just think "Well, hopefully they'll be good." Writing off women entirely is weird. She's a good actress, hopefully her Doctor will be well-written.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Series 9 was awful aside from "Heaven Sent."

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Is it worth listening to The War Doctor audios in order? I've got a bit of extra money and want to buy one. If it doesn't matter, which is the best one?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Timby posted:

It's pretty brutal. There are some bright spots like Girl in the Fireplace, School Reunion and Impossible Planet / Satan Pit, and I guess chunks of Doomsday, but by and large the season is dragged to the pits by Tennant and Piper making googly eyes at each other like a couple of high schoolers, and when the episodes got bad, boy howdy, did they get loving bad.

I hope that Big Finish set with 10 and Rose tones that poo poo down a lot. I can't stand it.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I've listened to the first two parts of "Only the Monstrous" and I like it so far. Nothing amazing, but John Hurt is killing it as expected. I wish I had more to say about it, but that's about all there is. It's fine and John Hurt rules. I do like the War Doctor version of the theme a lot.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/in-celebration-of-david-warner

Big Finish is having a David Warner sale.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

jivjov posted:

That's a good sale. David Warner is good.

agreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHk0CNnUNag

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

After The War posted:

For my part, I'll go to bat for all twelve (no sir, all thirteen!) serials of seasons 20-21, even Warriors of the Deep for chrissake, because the underlying themes of that era resonate with me and the kind of storytelling I connect with.

Even "The Twin Dilemma?" Because, yow, that one is ROUGH.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Man, people really love "Shada," I guess.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Just finished re-listening to The Maltese Penguin. What a fun bit of silliness that is. Colin's Noir Detective accent is hilarious.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

just got this wall decoration as an early birthday gift. Love the old Cybermen.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Watching "The Keys of Marinus" for the first time. It's kind of dull, but I love those silly Brains-With-Eyestalks dudes.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

After "Twin Peaks" tonight, I'm gonna check out "The Sensorites" for the first time. I've heard they're an inspiration for the Ood, so I'm intrigued.

By the way, BritBox owns, even though it doesn't have most of the Dalek serials.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Rumor has it that BritBox is going to do recreations of the missing episodes.

Oh man, that rules. Can't wait for "The Highlanders."

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Though the rumor is it's just going to be photo reconstructions with the soundtracks, and not animation.

Better than nothing.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Well, I mean, we kind of already HAVE that.

Having them all in one easily-accessible spot would be nice. I'd actually watch them then.

egon_beeblebrox fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 21, 2017

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I think I love "Planet of Giants." I wish more cliffhangers had the Doctor menaced by a literal house cat.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Timby posted:

All I'm seeing from Tennant is Geddy Lee.

Well now that is all I see too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFpZFnJ6ZT8

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Does anybody know if Big Finish will add Humble Bundle purchases to your account if you provide proof?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

I was pondering an Orville-esque version of Who, and then I realised it already exists. It's Rick and Morty.

Nah, The Orville ain't mean-spirited. Rick and Morty is.

• Locked thread