Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Hopeford posted:

I hope the latter, because Senkuu is by far the most interesting of the two.

I wasn't sure how much I was going to enjoy the manga at the start because I thought it would be another manga with an idiot strong protagonist, but then Senkuu turned out to be the main character and it got good.

Smart, competent, and makes funny reactions: What else could be better for a main character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

MonsterEnvy posted:

I like that Senku also admits it's pretty lovely Ramen too cause he is not a very good cook.

It tasted bad to Senku because it used wild ingredients that aren't bred by humans to be better tasting like common cultivated grains are.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Galvanik posted:

I want so much for these ancient venerated tales actually be told some day.

Did you see that a pikachu was included in the 100 stories.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat
I like how the representation of the sulfa drug on page 10 was labeled Sen 9(which in Japanese is pronounced ku). Cheeky guy can't help but brand his medicine with his name.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Nuebot posted:

I think I actually get more excited for new chapters of it than I do hero academia now.

For some reason I can't help but feel like the first couple of chapters were like, fielding to see what character the readers would react better to with the more generic protagonist guy being a safer fallback if people weren't into the science angle.

I for one am glad we live in the correct universe.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

ConanThe3rd posted:

Dr Stone isn’t a web novel...

And then it turns out that being encased in stone doesn't just freeze you in time, but transports you to a fantasy land that, get this, is also a video game set in Ancient China.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Elfface posted:

And we've got some festive coca cola just in time for christmas!

I feel Senku-Cola is going to be what solves all the problems in the manga.

First Senku needs to be taught to sing though.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Meme Emulator posted:

Im going to be really sad when Senku ends up opening a bottling plant in the Kingdom of Science and savagely murders all of the strikers and unionists

Don't be silly. He wouldn't savagely murder anyone, he will hire the Stone World's version of the Pinkertons to do that.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Can Of Worms posted:

https://twitter.com/reach_ina/status/980316681586094080

Ah, so that's how Senku's going to win the war. (Twitter account belongs to the writer of Dr. Stone according to google translate)

The ultimate devil-quarterback and star running back is exactly what the kingdom of science needs.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat
I love how Gen and Senku are like if Hiruma from Eyeshield 21 was split into two people.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Darth TNT posted:

I think It's a photo sensitive powder that's deployed when the bag is yanked and opened. Being a light powder would also it to travel the winds and do the whole world unlike throwing rocks everywhere.

It is able to spread the same distance underwater as in the air, which neither light or low density matter is able to do so I am not so sure about that theory. One thing for sure is whatever causes the petrification stops being effective quickly because we saw how short of time everyone had to react.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh my god The maoists did it

Cant steal seeds from farmers if both you and the farmers have turned to stone.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat
Antagonists: They seem overly sentimental, lets send a girl in distress to spy on them and let their guard down.

Senku: Extract any bit of advantage we can out of her so we can crush our enemies.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat
The more I watch this channel on Youtube the more I realize Senku makes it incredibly hard on himself by not using the revival fluid on this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm9N_SPhwR8

All of his videos are great, check it out if you want zany science done in the name of knifemaking.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

MonsieurChoc posted:

That's basically how greek philosophers calculated the the shape and size of the Earth.

That is also how astronomers are able to calculate how far away stars are.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat
Senku has 0 problems making sacrifices for science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Darth TNT posted:

So what happened to the bullets everyone had in them?

The bullets more than likely passed right through them, at as close of range they were being shot at the bullets probably had too much momentum to be lodged in the wounds.