Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I lust for the final crisis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Agean90 posted:

in argintina isolated compounds were all all found abandoned with the owners either missing or dead nearby lol.

cooperation with other is required for survival

Where was this?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Wall St: Markets are instruments to maximize economic efficiency and productivity

Also Wall St:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Who wants to play the world's biggest game of chicken by flexing your newly found ability to short bitcoin

Death race $200,000

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pick posted:

How do you write a book like the grapes of wrath about an economy this loving stupid

take more drugs

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

There's actually nothing wrong with that hth.
It's wrong if it was only be a playground/escape hatch for the rich.
I would really rather have them invest in that then buttcoins.
(Also it has a good chance of triggering the final crisis of capitalism.)

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Rated PG-34 posted:

probably bc it’s easier to audit poor people. also criminalization of being poor and all that

One the most important things a friend told me was that it's expensive to be poor.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Close thread

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Housing as an investment vehicle is so goddamned stupid and harmful

it should literally be illegal
full definancialization now

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

hedge funds have been gobbling up huge numbers of houses. why sell to a millennial when you're (like my boomer parents) getting regularly cold-called by buyers willing to show up that day and pay in cash? (and pay well.) the buyer, small- and mid-level speculators, can then flip the house to a hedge fund.

https://www.housingwire.com/articles/41839-invitation-homes-starwood-waypoint-homes-merge-to-create-largest-single-family-landlord

and get this: the funds are now bundling rental payments and selling them as securities -- rental-backed securities instead of mortgage-backed securities.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/11/wall-street-buying-foreclosed-homes/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfpBarn7jlc

:thermidor:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Definancalize the economy

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Nanomashoes posted:

Tesla more like Car Citizen.

Goldmine

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

rudatron posted:

the fact that the stock markets are in trouble because of possible wage growth shows you just how ideological wall street as an institution is, it's nuts.

It's not the economy and should only be barely tolerated

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

the bitcoin of weed posted:

pounded in the butt by the series of HFT algorithms that determine whether I live or die each day

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

recessions and depressions are also the only real hope for real political change in the first world.

President Bernie

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

the dow dropping 1800 in two days is worse than it was in 2008 but people are still telling each other this was an expected correction on an overheated market :cawg:

in all honesty the last couple months of trading were an exercise in unbridled lunacy

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hell yeah I love death

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Alpha Mayo posted:

Someone post the entering 2018 gif please tia

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

oh man if i can score a cheap 1070 or 1080 from some bitcoiner trying to unload them to pay off his credit card debt that would be sick

:same:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Azuth0667 posted:

I'm going to have as many kids as I possibly can to compensate for all of you idiots telling people not to have kids and one of them will be the next Robespierre :thermidor:.

:same:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Rated PG-34 posted:

buy the dip, pick. fundamentals r strong

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

so what are safe jobs to have during a depression? I’m guessing there is always a market for police/firemen/the military (although a few will probably lose their jobs). Some people will have babies and vaginas so I’m guessing OB/Gyns are safe too... anything else?

Government contractor

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:thermidor:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Dairy Days posted:

if you really want this to happen you need to re work the entire electrical grid to accommodate all the dispersed generation and battery farms on a scale the world has never seen before

wait what counts as rejected energy

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Dairy Days posted:

waste heat from burning things

thanks

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Tiberius Christ posted:

I wonder if the reason no one wants to invest in infrastructure is that that massive work program will put so many people building things that the fossil fuel consumption will tip the balance and turn the planet into a Venus hellworld.

Remake the CCC and draft the chuds into it

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

GoluboiOgon posted:

at this time, being pro-GMO means being pro Monsanto though.

the horrible things that Monsanto does more than counteract any potential benifits of GMO crops.

:getout:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

*points to Monsanto* nationalized

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

She considered herself his "starter wife"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I wanna build big towers

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I want to provide basic housing for all

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

aphid_licker posted:

Is there an actual example of energy consumption going down or is it always just oh poo poo (technology) got more efficient, better use twice as much of it

Growth was tapering off recently to I think almost flat right?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I hate him way more than a lot of other folks in this criminal government

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

He would definitely be one of the first ones against the wall

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Eventually

Embrace life by understanding the certainty of death

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

anyone who speaks positively about deflation lusts for poor people death

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

Japan was justified in attacking USA in response to economic blockades intended to starve them to death

:getout:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

They are not taking the inflation data well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Digiwizzard posted:

the nuclear attacks on Japan were barbarous acts of cruelty primarily designed to intimidate the USSR.

Japan in 1944 was an island nation so overextended by it's stupid wars that it was forcing conscripts to crash it's last remaining planes into the nearest boat in autophagic desperation.

the premise that it was "necessary" to vaporize a couple hundred thousand civilians with experimental weapons to stop this irrepressible juggernaut is propaganda that beguiles idiots to this day.

:ok: