Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Remember that CoroCoro sponsored gear design contest a couple of months ago? Well, the results are in, and the winner is:

Uhh. Hmm. Anyway the gear will be delivered to buyers of April's edition of CoroCoro. (Japan only, unfortunately?)

Why would the Borg interest themselves with the squids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Solar Tornado posted:

Mad Marie: Woomy Road
Vs.
Cephalopunk 2077

Both sides are wearing medical/hospital tags on their wrists. Concerning.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

because while Judd is a professional and thus remains neutral

Recall the relationship chart that turned up. Judd wants to eat everyone. Lil' Judd is driven by inferiority. "I've known from the moment of my birth that I'm a copy of you. How can you understand my feelings?!"

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

A war survivor

She's 18. She's also an engineer and behind many of the Octarian weapons. She's hardened by child-soldierdom(She went into the army at 9, which is messed up given Octarians aren't at the Octoling stage of development yet at that point). But I wouldn't call it 'war survivor'.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Octavio wants to burn Inkopolis to the ground. Nothing else will satisfy him after 100 years of hate and wishing for vengence. The Octarians are militarised. Military implies structure, order, command. Helps that their defining trait is 'Diligent'.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Cactus posted:

We chose chaos because my 7 year old "wants to destroy the splatoon 2 government"

:britain: guy fawkes would be proud.

We don't even know what the Government IS. We've been following and playing as a bunch of teens.

Smiles posted:

omg jonas looook

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1145603193797304321

where can i buy it aaaa

e: amazon jp to the rescue
First holo-squid concerts, now gun replicas. Are we about to take an invasion?

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 2, 2019

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

I really am glad I don't know WTF you're even talking ab out.

An April Fool's joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3TtRfeDrE0

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Smiles posted:

the reflection in the water actually spells out "save our salmons" so a bit curious if theyre gonna go anywhere with it (salmon dlc????):

https://twitter.com/silverstarsheep/status/1212183247188348928
until then there will be no refuge rofl <commits more bear atrocities>

e: oh and happy 2020 yall

Well, we did vote for Chaos, the Salmon themed side. If they didn't do anything with that there's be a riot. Save our salmon, or save us from the Salmon?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

Pearl is definitely a live fast die young type.

Remember that her.the outfit for Chaos was 'Memento Moray' AKA 'Memento Mori'='Remember, you will die'. There is a point. You can't keep things in stasis forever.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

Maybe Splatoon 3 will get delayed by the pandemic and they'll try and mantain the userbase loyal with splatfests.

Honestly, I think that(Maintenance of player base) is why the current re-do. This has thrown everything off, for Lord knows how long.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

They're equating Ketchup and Tomato Sauce(Like Dolmio or similar). That's....off.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Invincibility does not last long. Size lasts until you take a hit. What defines as a 'hit' is....questionable. If it's as small as a flea bite, it's equally useless.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Araxxor posted:

They didn't say this was the final one but they did say there was gonna be 3 more Splatfests when the first rerun happened. Course nothing is stopping them from announcing more.

The Mario Splatfest was supposed to happen way earlier, (it was found in the data when the Ketchup vs Mayo rerun happened) but it likely got pushed back thanks to COVID, so they decided to do reruns to fill the gap. Also the "save our salmons" teaser at the start of 2020 still hasn't been followed up on. (Also likely got pushed back by COVID) so there's also that to look forward to I guess.

All I can think these days is "Maybe we shouldn't have voted for Chaos. It seems someone was listening."

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I'm left with a feeling.

"Them city slickers and their Zapfish....Don't know what work is like." "The problems here are a lot different than in Inkopolis."

City/area rivalry sort of thing.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

The Bloop posted:

I wonder if Pearl has figured out that Marina is an octo yet

She's known for years. It comes up during the single-player in the letters.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Iris, pupil....where's the third?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Catching up to modern customisation only when we get fully customisable beards.

They'd have to allow playing as older characters for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

So where the hell are we that a sea could evaporate?