Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Not really. Closest there is would be the style where the hair is parted to the side, so the front is down, but the back is still tied up.

Edit: Beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

lmao if everyone here would ever use the official poo poo instead of something more logical like mumble or discord

Couldn't you use this with discord? I thought the dongle just took two audio streams to output as one.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Bad one? All squid and octo people are loved equally. :colbert:

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

I hope they make that less rigid down the line. I only have one friend that owns a Switch and is also interested in Splatoon 2, so it will be a bit annoying to try to be on the same team.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Lakbay posted:

This is the reason why they limited the availability. The rewards and timed rotation make it feel special so people play it when it's up

Are times normally like this? I just woke up and it'll be closed by the time I get back from work. :(

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Lakbay posted:

This weekend seems pretty available but during this week it's only open on tuesday and thursday and only during US daytime. They really don't want Americans with dayshifts playing during the week I guess.

That'd suck if that were the case, but if weekends are available, I can do that.

Dr Cheeto posted:

We don't know. They gave us more frequent runs for the three days after launch. Monday was the first day of a normal run density.

I see. I hope the first weekend is at least an indicator for others.

jetpackhewy fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 25, 2017

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

I understand the Switch app is not all that great, it may have sync issues, but it says that I only cleared up to Sector 2 of singleplayer when I have actually beaten all levels and collected all scrolls and sardinium. This is opposed to my multiplayer stats which appear to be properly synced.
It's a rather insignificant thing, but is anyone else having this issue?

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

It took a while to realize I had beaten Octo Valley but it eventually updated. Multiplayer matches still
pop up about as quickly as they end, I can start browsing stats even before Judd and Lil' Judd finish their animations.

That's good to see. It may be small, but it still would have bugged me to no end. Thanks.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

After playing with stick controls through all of the first Splatoon, I finally made the jump to motion controls, and it feels fantastic so far. Playing single player to experiment sensitivity is a must I feel.
Err...is it odd that I had to max out the sensitivity for both mc and the stick to have everything feel right? Anything lower and it seemed like everything lagged.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Welp. May have to see how well joycons work now before I get too comfortable with Pro+mc.
Seriously, thank you thread, you have me experimenting in ways I wouldn't have on my own.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

How much does Ink Power Up (Sub) effect the toxic mist?

While I can't answer this fully. According to Splatoonwiki, all it does is improve the throw range.

As for how much is hard to say. I bet you can go off of the Bomb Range Up stuff to get some kind of idea, though.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

I am beginning to see stuff like that more often. In a game of turf war, somebody on my team would chill at the spawn for good while, walk out and ink the wall, and then walk back to chill at the spawn.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

By the way, if you're the last one alive in Salmon Run and are about to die, throw a Splat Bomb in a dead ally's direction. A wave can't end early until all Splat Bombs go off. You can also end up saving a seemingly hopeless round with the Bomb Rush special that way.

Thank you for this. I am always lost on how to use the bomb rush special in Salmon Run since it seems to get overwhelmed easily in the Oveachiever and Profreshional levels with it.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

While not as bad as the surge of furry art, I am seeing a lot of, "I wish 'insert here' were real". Any idea what brought this on? I have no real problem with it, but I am confused.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Seeing a lot of low scoring Duelies in turf wars. Is the gun bad at coverage?

Quite the opposite in my experience. They should be better at coverage than most weapons since they have a wider spread and a decent fire rate.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Various of things depending on the sub. For most subs, it just increases throw range.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Nephzinho posted:

Does anyone have a Fresh hat that has Bomb Defense and Rockenburg?

Only Rockenburg hat is the 18K Aviators. No idea if it has had bomb defense, but letting you know since the shades may not be fresh for you.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

dog nougat posted:

As soon as I found out that inkjet shots will destroy a missle pod, it pretty much trivialized flyfish. Tends to work better on later stages where there's a slew of enemies though. Kinda a waste to pop it off early, unless your team is incompetent/totally ignoring it.

Where do you aim for this to work? Inside the pod where you throw the bombs?

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

yergacheffe posted:

Yeah you have to hit inside the pod. Make sure you aim dead center and clear the lip of the basket that keeps thrown bombs in.

Thanks. I had a feeling that was the case but wanted to make sure before blaming my poor aiming.
Anyways, Salmon Run having two fantastic load outs back to back with splatfest has made for one fresh weekend.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

I am just envisioning Marina as Rick and Pearl as Morty...and it doesn't work since I feel like it should be the opposite.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

raditts posted:

Also, people on profreshional tonight are playing like this is their first time. Have had 3 round one failures for timeouts because of not enough eggs.

This happened to me yesterday. I played and got destroyed because my team and I were on two very different pages on what to do. Even had to endure a paycut we did so bad. It was strange since I had no issues after that in both overachiever and when I promoted back to profreshional.

Edit: Can profreshionals carry people to their title?

Double Edit: Also, that update did drop, you may have noticed by now, though.

jetpackhewy fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 7, 2017

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

In Lost Outpost, fixed a problem where Steelheads would not attack in certain places

Goodbye only Salmonid friend. :(

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

g0lbez posted:

I do main the splatling which I heard is about as awful as a charger. I have fun though so I guess that's what ultimately matters in videogames

While there are some weapons that can excel in some modes, I wouldn't say there are any bad of weapon types. Now...I would say there are bad weapons. Man, I hate the Goo Tuber.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

This is me as a charger. I have trouble anticipating where people will be when they are not charger at me. Is there a good beginner charger? I was thinking the squiffer due to the fast charge.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

CodfishCartographer posted:

This is rad, but seeing people singing squiddish is slightly unsettling for reasons I can't quite describe.

It just makes me wonder how much of it is a defined language at Nintendo for people to actually sing it.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

The Inkling language is just a bunch of Japanese characters strung together. There are actual lyrics to the songs, but it's essentially just a bunch of noises strung together that don't really mean anything in the end. Octarians speak a little differently, as can be seen from Marina's lyrics.

Takoluka posted:

The lyrics are gibberish written in katakana. I don't remember why I know this, but I know I have seen the lyrics sheet in a BTS video or screenshot.

Thanks for this! I love the amount of work they put into this game. Even if it is just gibberish, it's still astounding that they provided lyrics that fans can jam with. :allears:

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Sock King 19-13

I had no idea they changed up Moray Towers in the center. It messed me up at first because I like playing support there with the Jet Squelcher and hold down my team's side. While still effective, I had to make more retreats with enemies rushing in more.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Anyone who picked Team Sock probably has a foot fetish tbh

You sir, have never worn a great pair of socks. That being said, some of the art in the plaza seems to validate your statement.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Does the Splatfest tee gain an affinity to something if you use a drink ticket? I remember that dataminers found there were some pieces of clothing that were flatout unaffected and can't recall if that was one of them.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

:stare:

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Does anyone know where to get Splatoon 2 amiibo? I feel like I missed out on them and will have to buy from a marked up third party seller on amazon.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Went 20- 6 for Team Comedy. Hoping invisble walls become an element for a future stage. While I am indifferent on SS in design, that gimmick is neat.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

:great:

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

How are there more likes than views?

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Started this splatfest terribly but managed Love King with 19-15.

https://twitter.com/jetpackhewy/status/965041676501659648

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Geez, starting out at 400 also makes chunk grinding much faster. SR is without a doubt the best way to do that now.

How are people starting at 400? Do new shifts now carry over your bonus bar?

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yep, they changed Profreshional in that if your rank crosses a certain threshold, it'll start back at that threshold when the next shift rolls around.

0-99: 40
100-199: 100
200-299: 200
300-399: 300
400-999: 400

That's awesome! I normally don't play beyond second super bonus, so I stop in the mid 100s often. Now that there's a better chance to go beyond that, I think I'll play more Salmon Run now.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

They're actually bringing Callie back. I'd like to think Trevor with his Daily Callie art helped.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Egg King
Power: 2255.9
W/L: 20-8

That was a good splatfest. A little disappointed that I did not get Shifty Station all too often but what can you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Aren't we well past that? When did Europe conclude?