Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

I never really considered myself a Nintendo fanboy, but today I got a text from my husband letting me know the Switch was back in stock on Amazon. I snap bought our second Switch, finished pre-ordering Mario Odyssey and Mario Rabbids, managed to pre-order our second Splatoon 2 copy, and went back to add a pro controller (will buy a second one when the splatoon version is in stock). What a good day. We spent the weekend futzing about with Snipperclips and unlocked Party Mode !! I wasn't sure about the $20 price point until that moment. Nintendo just makes me feel :3: so often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Did anyone buy steam world dig 2?

Yeah and it owns. Worth the $20 for sure.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Momomo posted:

On another note, has anyone played Kingdom: New Lands? It looks really nice, and I considered buying that too.

I enjoyed the first game on PC, so I took the plunge and bought New Lands on Switch. It's a pretty straightforward game, you collect gold to upgrade your little fort + transform vagrants in the woods into your loyal servants, and work to rebuild a boat to travel to a New Land. The game itself is a lot of fun, and I've probably played more than 25 hours both handheld and docked. There is a huge glaring issue though, the port is terrible when it comes to fps in later Lands that you travel to. Severe slowdown at night when monsters are attacking, or during the day when the weather kicks in. It gives me a bit of vertigo, I guess, but I don't mind it enough to stop playing.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

dog nougat posted:

and it can't be charged in tabletop mode.

I just saved your night out and your life.

Man this console is so good. I've been buying new games every week since Steamworld Dig 2 came out (to go with BotW, Splatoon 2, and Rabbids).

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

I will definitely be picking up a set when my nephew comes to visit this summer. Nintendo is so :3: it hurts. The only question now is robot or variety??

• Locked thread