Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

when is new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
is the switch gonna get games

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think I can wait until they are on the Switch's Virtual Console

i want advance wars so bad!!!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
pauline started to dress real snazzy in the last 40 years

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i uh, suck at splatoon

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i figured out the secret to splatting, use the roller instead of guns

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Imagined posted:

Personally I appreciate the complete lack of chat options in Splatoon because it means my 4 year old can play -- he's terrible -- and nobody can yell at him for dragging down his team. Which he is, and does.

to be fair do you need options other then BOOYAH

(no, no you don't)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

I saw my first switch out in the wild today and didn't buy it. Did I gently caress up big or make a great decision goons?

you coulda prob flipped it for a bunch still, big mistake

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
how much space is on the switch anyway...cuz while digital splat2n might not be much more expensive then physical, having to buy an memory card would make it kinda pointless since id have to go to a store anyway

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

32GB internal, Splatoon 2 is 5.5GB.

lol, i'll never fill that up, jeez

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

32GB internal except like 6 of it is taken by the system and Zelda alone is more than half of the remaining space before DLC soooo

i dont have zelda digital. so no, i still wont fill it up

you might, but not me

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

You missed out on game of the century Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and it's never coming to Switch

yes it is. i'll make them port it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

tbf to this guy, a lot of poorer people just use apps for texting on phones since you can get a cheapo one for like, 30 bucks without an actual plan

to be unfair to this guy, he definitely has never had to do that

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Wendell posted:

I don't get it. I thought everyone agreed with that guy's sentiment, why was that image even posted?

i thought we were making fun of "using a phone for voice" which is ya know, what phones were originally for

what he meant was "using the app for voice is bad"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Beastie posted:

Going to a trendy roof top party in two weeks, Switch in hand.

i'd bring booze, but you be you

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

This screen feels much more sensitive than a Wii U game pad though!

And all the controller hinges and stuff it's like a nightmare waiting to happen

i brought the switch on the plane with me last time i traveled and still managed to slightly knock off the rubber nib on a joycon despite being very careful. it was easy to fix but i cant imagine the luggage guys will be anywhere near as careful with your bag so like, wrap it up or something

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i mean that problems easily solved by just not using the dock. i use a screen protector cause im clumsy and always dropping stuff

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Tingle owns and is better than Splatoon squids

correct, then hard turn into wrong

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

I mean you can also use the AC adapter instead of the dock to charge it. Just plug it in directly instead of to the dock.

thats what i do. apparently thats some egregious offense lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

can't believe squigglevision survived into the 2010's

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

finally, i can spend an entire game playing mario as the drunken loudmouth brooklyner he was meant to be

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

This isn't really something you should say if you produce games where grinding is a big part of the game/the major source of the post-game.

Because I'll be grinding in a game one day, and then I'll remember those words and think to myself, "Why am I bothering if this isn't fun?"

i don't disagree w/r/t grinding, but what nintendo game has really ever needed grinding? they don't make that many rpg's in the first place, but pokemon and the paper mario series aren't exactly grindfests

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

What does this mean?

the free-to-play 60$ retail game

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Will FEH be good for someone who has zero experience with Fire Emblem

Last musou I played was Dynasty Warriors 4

you will prob like it more then someone familiar with fire emblem, since like half the characters are from fire emblems that have been derided

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Calaveron posted:

What's the roster look like. Is Ike in it

well, now we come to the main problem with the roster, in which no fire emblems before awakening are represented (other then 1 i guess? marth is in it i think)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

njsykora posted:

In motorsport the lower the number on a formula the faster it is.

what happens when something is faster then F0, this system seems flawed

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Lego Star Wars would be cool, assuming new Lego games are as good as Lego Clone Wars for the gamecube

also don't tell me if that game was actually bad, me and my bff used to play that for like hours as kids

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Movement in Skyrim is misery in general. You're too slow, your sprint drains way too fast and your stamina takes forever to recover, fall damage will gently caress you up, and yeah you have to finagle yourself up mountains and hills.
Also there's a flash step like dash but it takes forever to recover and you need to upgrade it to make it worth a drat

console commands (and mods) fix a lot of whats frustrating with skyrim, which makes me leery that it will be any good on the switch

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Meh. Maybe if they also put Mario in it

Mario Civ would rule, and I'll finally bring the mushroom kingdom to the tech levels of Bowser's kingdom

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Amppelix posted:

I've never understood this beef with DoR. It's a good game, and the story is pretty alright too, especially compared to the non-stories of the earlier games.

no lash, no sonja, no sell

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

you never hear this if you play the game good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

its baby mario, duh

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i downloaded the octopath demo and played thru primroses scenario, am i like, supposed to get the survey in game or what?

cause i really need to scream into the void about this game not letting me set random encounters to NO and not being able to cutscene skip

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

General Morden posted:

it gets sent to the email associated with your nintendo switch account

Cartoon Man posted:

You'll get an email in a day or two.

oh so i have to be patient, the most difficult challenge

(thanks)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Also you can do quadrillions of damage in gimmick setups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9f9V5p8ZyM

:v:

more impressed the guy survived that tbh

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

They did just announce a remake of Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner with 4k graphics and VR on PS4, so anything can happen when Konami is desperate.

i am loving how owned konami got by the new pachinko laws or whatever it was but honestly they're such shitheads i want them to die and sell their properties off to other shitheads who at least hide it better

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Blaster Master Zero, Shovel Knight and Sonic Mania are musts unless you have them on something else. Fast Racing RMX is pretty good and cheap too if you want something like F-Zero.

sk and sm i get since those have cult followings but i have never heard anyone recommend blaster master zero, what do you like about it?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mutant Standard posted:

Sounds like it's around 10 hours long. I don't know if that's perfect Metroidvania length, but it's usually the length for perfect Metroidvanias.

the perfect metroidvania length is under whichever one unlocked the picture of samus at a bar in street clothes

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

Why? Is it illegal? Plus a lot of them are sold out or insanely expensive and I just want a funny costume in Mario Kart. Nintendo would be selling them as DLC is they were smart.

tim stole a bunch of amiibo or something, everyone talks about it when he posts but tbh i don't see the big deal either

it probably is illegal but i doubt you'll actually get in trouble for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

Arms is pretty good but not £50 good. Not even close.

The only full games that are worth the hefty price tag are Zelda, MK and Splatoon right now.

i'm sure disgaea 5 is worth it to the people that love making numbers big

• Locked thread