Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNbSZQUH3m8&t=246s

:wrong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Rageaholic posted:

I completely agree with him about RAM. I don't always agree with him, but he's right: that album kicks rear end. What I don't agree with him on is Human After All being "brittle". I know it's not everyone's favorite Daft Punk album (hell, it's not my favorite), but it has a bunch of really strong tracks. On Alive 2007 (which may be one of the best live albums ever recorded), you can really see how dope a lot of those tracks are.

RAM is bad, it's their worst by far. Someone said it right here years ago: Daft Punk are great producers, and really bad songwriters.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The REAL Goobusters posted:

gently caress no. I'm not the biggest fan of RAM, but even I know it is still great. This screams trying to be contrarian imo

I think I would challenge anyone who says RAM is great to 1. Name all or as many of the the tracks on the album that you can without looking it up, and the 2. name the tracks that they listen to regularly from it still to this day. I think if you repeated that with all their other albums you'd find RAM is the one that people don't remember and don't listen to, even with a recency bias. It's not great, it's okay, but there are some blunders and some bad rehashes.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It's true he's boring but I can't hate Fred Again too much because he's at least doing SOMETHING. Like, I love Justice, I've listened to them more than probably any other EDM group - but they legit just stand there at their shows pretending to turn nobs, the trope about "they just press play and dance" is true for the most part about big name DJs.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Posting Spotify links should be illegal

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Spin backs are fine but you cannot stop the music, it has to go straight into something else like a beat switch and not just getting on the mic and saying "ERRYBODYMAKESOME NO-OOOOOOOOISE" for the 40th time in an hour

edit: a bit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVPb57v6Zk8&t=114s

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Rageaholic posted:

Anyone listen to this Drumless Edition of Daft Punk's Random Access Memories that just came out? It feels wrong to me because I've been listening to the album with drums for so long, and these songs sound so much better to my ears with drums. Without drums, they feel like they're missing a key component.

It's neat because you get to hear the other instruments accentuated, I guess, but I'm never going to listen to this version ever again when the original exists.

The album gets better the more instruments you remove from it, so they're on the right track, in that sense.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Justice in Seoul for Seoul Electronic Music Festival 2012 was the best show I've ever been to

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tax write-offs, probably.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Justice was always the superior electronic music group

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I ordered the vinyl and tshirt combo pack for the new Justice album

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Hate that Porter track but I hated his last album too

New Justice sounds like Prince adlibbing to Sonic in a closet and somehow works insanely well

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

ACValiant posted:

I got tickets to the Justice show in DC. I'm really hyped!

awww lucky

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Justice continues to do live shows on another level. Coachelle man, so loving good, everyone else is playing pong and they're playing 50d chess. Some of the previews of new tracks got me super hyped for the new album.

priznat posted:

What's the tune with the vocal hook "I'll remember" or something like that? It was catchy.

"Neverender", opening track of the new album, also featuring Tame Impala like the first single.

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 14, 2024

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I'm loving it

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Okay why do all the YouTube videos have no sound for me suddenly

edit: Okay these links work https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDhajrZgo0TJKtqLslTlreKGsXQjoZvuW

They definitely played part of Mannequin Love at Coachella too

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Mannequin Love might be the best song on the album

Explorer is the weirdest track by far, maybe the only miss for me.