Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So if the next arc goes back to more low key stuff, which universe interactions do you hope they do? Personally I feel that Gohan and Videl could have a lot of fun in Universe 2 and it would be nice for Vegeta to finally go on the fieldtrip to the planet Salad or whatever the name is for the Universe 6 Sayien home world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It does say a lot about Goku that it was probably for the best that he wasn't around most of the time when his children were growing up.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Imagine if he he had just kept training after Cell.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Justin_Brett posted:

Gohan should have turned into Great Saiyaman and fought Katopesla.

If Videl had been part of the tournament they would have gone in costume and go hang out with universe 2.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ekusukariba posted:

knowing Goku he'd be a bit bummed that everyone he knew is gone, but also happy that he could go to Jiren's Universe and fight really strong guys

It really is amazing just how little Goku as a character has actually grown.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SirKibbles posted:

To add to this I really want Toppo roasting Vegeta to be a thing forever. Like Toppo is going to be a GoD there are several guaranteed decades of burns there.

So what has he done besides calling Vegeta second fiddle to Goku?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Wellwinds posted:

Even if the explanation is as simple as "vegeta nukes the first class seating deck" these screenshots have me super excited for this next episode

I'm hoping it's something weird like they start making bets on the winner and grand priest is like "oh? how about we up the stakes", or "Arak has a thing for the baldies and offers to adopt them if U7 loses"

I hope by the end of it there is only enough space to fit one universe comfortably so everybody is forced to squeeze in tight to watch the finale.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

good luck, crunchyroll is completely dead right now

wonder if the ps4 app would work

The phone app isn't working

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

the one bad part of this arc is that Gohan didn't enter the tournament of power as the great saiyaman

I feel that if Videl had entered it then they would have gone full saiyaman.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Raxivace posted:

Lol just lol if you aren’t throwing away your life to protect the honor of Iok Kujan.

And even if your not willing to do so, he will still get you killed.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd be pretty surprised if anything was announced first through the english cast when the dev and the anime the game is based on are japanese

But organic marketing is always worth its weight in gold and I am sure even Japanese fans would appreciate this just for how lore appropriate it really is.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or is Toppo using destruction energy offensively the stupidest thing he can do? One mistake and he ends up disqualified.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Spiritus Nox posted:

No, the dream diary is the stuff about Kale and Caulifla's wedding

Aren't they sisters?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

No. Its Japanese gang vernacular, like calling someone 'bro' when they aren't your brother.

Huh. I just checked the wiki and it looks like you are right.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

multijoe posted:

Them getting mad Zamasu wasn't a tragic well intentioned anti-villain was pretty stupid, dude was perfect exactly how he was.

I thought it was more that they found him boring.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The episode is up on Crunchyroll.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

amigolupus posted:

If Jiren was dickbag Supes from the old comics, he'd pretend he got ringed out to give Dyspo some insane lesson about responsibility, convince Goku he's actually a robot all this time, and transformed Freeza into a horse.

I would be down with that being how the series ends.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

multijoe posted:

lol Goku is way past being his rival

Vegeta's probably on a similar level though, given (with great effort) he was able to defeat an GoD

Vegeta's victory over Toppo is not the same thing as beating an actual GoD.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

multijoe posted:

Yeah my mistake, I meant to say 'amateur GoD'. I'd guess Beerus would still win but he'd probably have to put his back into it at this point.

It'd be a cool fight to do at the very least and it'd be fun to see Beerus actually fight again

Which is all that Vegeta really wants. He still deeply values strength and growing stronger but now he is finally growing into a true leader where his people and their success/survival matter more then his own individual strength.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
DBZ wasn't as much a part of my childhood as others here but I still clearly remember watching teen gohan. God this sucks so much.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

feetnotes posted:

Could Demon King Piccolo theoretically have unlocked Orange with his dragon ball wish? Or do you think the dragon has to consider you a bro to throw in the "extra"?

This is assuming he somehow knows to wish for unlocked potential in the first place I guess.

For Orange to matter Demon King Piccolo would need to be in prime fighting form so it would have taken a second wish.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There is that as well. The dragon being so grateful at the chance to grant a meaningful wish he threw in something extra for free.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Which is pretty amazing considering he spent a year training with Gohan and hadn't noticed that.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

P-Mack posted:

He blew up the drat moon!

Larryb posted:

So did Piccolo

Was there ever an explanation about how it came back?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The place for Vegeta to get the W was against Frieza in Super.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kurui Reiten posted:

Something something Buu kills everyone.

I feel like Goku being around would help keep Vegeta focused enough on self improvement that he would be less tempted by Babadi.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Krillin doing what he can to help keep 18 makes sense. Not keeping the button in case things go to hell is a bit more debatable.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Redezga posted:

Out of curiosity I did a google search to find out Krillin's height and weight because he's usually drawn as pretty jacked for his size, and according to DBZ: Extreme Butōden he is listed as being 45kg/99lb which is like low end kpop idol weight and makes him lighter than Bulma, Chi Chi and Videl.

It is like how Vegeta who trains constantly yet only weighs as much as Fate's Astolfo. The people coming up with those numbers sure as hell didn't put thought into those numbers.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hearts. He hates the gods and wants to get enough power to kill Zen'o and free mortals from them, and is willing to go as far as he must to get to that, even joining forces with Zamasu whose ideology is the exact opposite to his.

He's pretty cool, definitely the best Heroes villain (which is a horrendously low bar to clear but still). Also he's voiced by Takehito Koyasu which is always a plus.

Maybe the writing does a better job of selling what he wants as going by that description he sounds like an absolute moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

Trunks going back and mastering Super Saiyan 2 makes a lot of sense, too. He needs someone to show him what's possible, so I doubt he's gonna make any new forms, but he's a quick learner of what he's able to do. It's nifty.

It does help that it was effectively his mentor showing it off so extra motivation to learn what would be the last lesson he could ever learn from him.