Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McSpanky posted:

I guess that explains why they ditched Rinko Kikuchi for the sequel. :(

IMDB says she is in the sequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did anyone okay the fighting game? Where you could build your own Jaeger? It was real dumb but I was super into it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pacific Rim Build Fighters sounds like absolutely my jam

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Multi-national, multi-ethnic alliance comes together to build a resistance to a seemingly unstoppable, evergrowing cosmic threat to all of human life as we know it, abandoning glory and celebrity in order to self-sacrifice for the greater good of all humanity? Ah, clearly a fascist film.

It really doesn't matter because it's one shithead Nazi's bad take on films who's a fuckin' Nazi.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What is actually happening in Pacific Rim is the native populations are coming together and rallying to fight off imperialism from a vastly technologically advanced oppressor in order to safeguard themselves from genocide. The wall and retreating inland are in fact resignation to a seemingly unchangeable course of action by the kaiju forces, and are portrayed as unacceptable compromise.

America’s white supremacy is so ingrained into our culture that even the supposedly enlightened minds of CineD cannot see a native resistance against cosmic imperialism as anything more than tasteless fascism, you see the same phenomenon in the supposedly “woke” Bioware’s attempt to prop up flimsy intersectionality (dead naming the first trans character you meet) and diverse relationships while embarking on a mission of striking out to a new, seemingly endless expanse of free territory up for claim only to immediately start massacring the natives in flashy third person shoot-em-up action.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That looks kickass, honestly. The weird poo poo like the hacked together Jeager, the Kaiju/Jeager hybrids, all seems like a fun twist on what the first one introduced.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I felt like the robots in the new trailer moved a bit more like the ones in the first movie, albeit somewhat more agile like the kicking off a skyscraper move. Makes sense since it seems to take place some time after PR1. Seems rad enough although I don’t like how much was shown in that trailer, I guess people had doubts that were getting heard. I hope they bring back that Japanese kaiju mascot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When you put them all together those robots really don’t look good at all.

• Locked thread