Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
That’s too much effort to use timelord for that. Maybe focus on stuffing their monster zone with Token instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

We already got a sampler of that in the form of pendulum monster. Unique zone for passive effect, and monster zone as monster.

Edit: I think it would be fun to have a format where DM are chosen randomly for you, and you have to build a deck around it.

Edit 2: and your opponent knows what it is so they can try to counter your deck.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Dec 23, 2021

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I assume Name Declaring card effect would be deadly against DM. :classiclol:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Tried this game last night on PC. I don’t really care about the 3D stuff and 5gb just takes awhile to download.

It’s definitely hard to read cards without a large montior, but having a mouse to click the card for enlarged version helps.

I went for the link deck so I can learn about it, and it’s also a cyberse deck that can do basic buff and clean up. It become mindless when the AI decided to attack my 100/100 monster that free summon a lv 8 beatstick… twice.

Was lucky to catch a Link deck duel on live spectacle, so I can see how that link monster hits 5k atk after 3-ish round.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

That’s great! I was disappointed that I can’t rebuild some of my old favorite like Counter Fairy.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I would say the Link starter deck. :thunk:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I also have a easier time since I played Counter Fairy, which pretty much will ruin any combo for at least a turn or two if not permanently. This F2P format works really well if you focus on using your craft to keep upgrading one deck to be meta competitive to some degree.

Currently, I ditched all The Agent and Sanctuary from the Sky stuff from it, since they sucked and aren't really needed to run a Counter Trap deck, so now it become a Light Fairy deck with Counter Trap with experiment cards to test for improvement over time.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jan 29, 2022

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Btw, which part of that combo can I negate to hopefully interrupt the whole thing or make them lose the most card investment?

edit: found it.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 29, 2022

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Field spell has become too powerful, anything that can search it faster and easier (Ancient Fairy Dragon) are perm banned.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

kirbysuperstar posted:

How in the ever loving gently caress are you meant to beat Krawler Outbreak with the loaner deck? This is the worst poo poo in the world.
Don’t forget to fill the in game survey to tell the dev their loaner suck. This can become a bigger deal when they add loaner deck in tournament.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Touchdown Boy posted:

That is something.. I have to try this. There must be issues with a deck like this or eldich wouldnt be the most popular deck...
We were talking about banish deck in discord that very morning. We worked how to get those opponent’s returning card send to grave instead, or rebanish them permanently with certain cards.

Then we replaced it with Zaborg the Mega as the banish card instead, the combo extend into some ritual combo that I stopped since I don’t know much about them and I was supposed to build this for the xyz tourny. :v:

I am going with token deck instead btw. XYZ can’t use or tribute them, so that’s way easier than getting rid of their extra deck.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Or an amazing turnaround victory.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

There are a few times where I thought I lost, but kept trying something and managed to win. :peanut:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Imagine negating Witch Strike

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

girl dick energy posted:

I couldn't! It's spell speed 3. Winda survived because Winda, but then got smacked in the face by a 4k beatstick.
It's... a normal trap? Should be spell speed 2?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It's not peak Yugioh if someone didn't run a Heal deck to troll Suicide deck.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Garbage Lord has become the white flag card that inform others of your suicide. It cost 2k LP to bring it out, cannot use for XYZ except dark, and zero attack. Can't be anymore clearer than that.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Do we know which event is next from datamining? I hope it's not Synchros.
If we are going from top to bottom in the leak image: Xyz, Synchro, Fusion, Beginner Classic, and Rarity Limit.

So Synchro would be next.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Vandar posted:

We don't know if Synchro is actually going to be next.

There's two events for each Festival: Exhibition and Tournament. We're in the Exhibition part of the Xyz Festival right now, so it's likely they'll do the Tournament part next.
You are right, which reminded me to check the scoring rule:
Win +200
Draw +100
Lose -100

Time to make a suicide-draw deck. :nsallears:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

serefin99 posted:

How would Rarity Limit even work? Even just cutting out UR means everyone loses vital staples like Ash
I imagine it’s something like you can only have 3 UR, and 5 SR in the deck, so you have to make it count.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Survey for their future event ideas:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

mandatory lesbian posted:

If you play anything that isnt meta nobody knows what to do, it is hilarious.
This is more so with timelord. People just don’t know how to deal with ultra immune boss or didn’t bother reading a big lv 10 monster with 0/0 stat in attack position.

Some tries to spam their destroy effect on it while other bring out their biggest monster to try out-immune them by attacking it, which is the absolute worse thing to do to a 0/0 monster in Yugioh. :classiclol:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I would have to craft Zeus to stay competitive too if there's no ban in sight. :hotpickle:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It’s more of its absurd defensive capability to non-target non-destroy super-raigeki/feather wipe whatever and whenever outside of battle phase battle step.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 25, 2022

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Here’s the scenario of facing a Zeus:
If you have no negate/one-card-kill, you have to put up something threatening in MP1 to bait its wipe, which cost you resources.

If you don’t have something threatening or it didn’t bite, you have no choice but to start battle phase, and then it will wipe you.

If you decides to save up and set your stuff in MP2, it will wipe you unless you baited it on previous phases.

A good xyz player will do extra xyz to make extra stack of materials for zeus, so expect two wipe.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 25, 2022

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

quote:

Between each Duel, you may use your Side Deck to alter your Deck for the next Duel.

Your Side Deck is every card in your collection.
Any changes can be made to the Deck between Duels of a Match, including the following:
Adding Cards
Subtracting Cards
Just replace this whole text with "You can change deck between duel."

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It would be great if the game can pairs players based on their equipable title, which include Casual.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Alternatively, a deck cost system where it total the cards by rarity score could work.

They would have to figure out how much UR is worth and such.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I still don’t see what reward was given for each ranking.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nice pull on the Royal Finish Zeus. :doom:

Can’t really help you with a mechanic that I actively avoid due to their hand bricking potential, except Drytron.

You do have a lot of Earth ritual.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I am quite convince that the loaner deck is terrible on purpose. Npc deck are very consistent and well made with just enough power to beat out your best monster either in atk or effect.

There’s also at one point where I monster reborned a monster from their grave that is a direct counter to their own deck to win.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Probably to censor bullying?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I partly would though.
Lord of Blaze D.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I can see why Takahashi would be pissed for something he didn't draw.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Cleretic posted:

is that the only one that can keep up beyond the 'exploit Maxx C with infinite special summons' strategy?
If it's to win Maxx C challange, maybe try Trickstar to spam summon and then pack hand destruction cards like Trickstar Reincarnation to win or at least ruins some of their key cards.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Edit: nvm

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I am going with the flip facedown route for timelord since they don’t return to deck and become a wall. Currently figuring out how to integrate subterror into the strategy.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Imho as someone who play timelord offensively, those three timelord’s trap are not worth using. Even in pure timelord deck itself.

Timelord need other engine to ultilize and overcome their weakness. Currently in N/R, I am using them with subterror, and timelord are surprisingly compatible via becoming resources for flip searcher and having stronger staying power on the field face down.

Things to know:
Timelord going to graveyard is a good thing.
Flipping them down will keep them on the field.
Two timelord on the field is the worst scenario for your opponent. The archtype’s system itself worked really hard to restrict this from easily happening after all.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 27, 2022

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Cleretic posted:

As good as getting two Timelords on the field is, I actually had to remove their main tool for making that happen, Celestial Transformation,
I agree with this, holy poo poo, this card brick really hard on Timelord deck for some reason. Almost not worth packing it for the otk in regular.

quote:

You don't need a card to get multiple Timelords on the field when you're struggling to get one Timelord on the field.
The answer is Junk Sleep. This card deserve more than N rarity. Also a free flip each turn for any deck that use flip, it's insanely good.

Also, you suppose to xyz when you got two timelord otherwise. Into those spiders in N/R, or trains in regular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

quote:

Timelords are a perfect trap for people who don't read cards.
So many people surrendered to the synchro timelord in regular because they don’t read. Especially about the part where their banished monster coming back.