Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Julias posted:

I think there are (were?) ways to hack the timer, I've definitely had games where my opponent took 10-15 minutes irl and didn't time out somehow

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

https://twitter.com/YGOCrossDuel/status/1640635666013773824

the game we quietly released with zero fanfare and never did any real marketing for has failed, oh no

surprised on how fast they pulled the plug

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The upcoming meta is pretty poo poo for Maxx C isn't it?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The only time Maxx C is not played at 3 is when a deck that doesnt special summon is meta relevant, like Floo.

Yeah I misremembered, it was Ash that some lists cut.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

I think Konami would rather forget Carly existed, all things considered.

how come

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

after not playing for a while it feels way easier to climb diamond, I guess everyone good is already in master?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I would simply pull ghoti (pronounced fish). IDK how it works but they look cool and I beat one in Elden Ring.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Don't forget book of moon and forbidden chalice.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hizke posted:

Topped my local tourney tonight 4-0 undefeated with Mikanko Kaiju. Worst matchup was floo but I won in time, blew out the final round which was Labrynth by top decking lightning storm and finishing with the Double-Edged Sword OTK. Definitely recommend for a decent deck that doesn't need to rely on extra deck that can go first or second and can't wait for it to come out in master duel

wheres the decklist

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

Don't worry - they'll probably move on to killing Tear by-a-thousand-hits for the foreseeable future. :v:

every maindeck tear card is limited or banned already lmfao. AND IT STILL IS WINNING

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

yeah the only decks that are played that do that nowadays are synchro piles, swordsoul and d-link.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The very first deck that caused all the bans was exodia turbo. Which was literally solitaire lol. That's the DM meta out the gate. They had to errata lastwill, sangan and witch afterwards too.

then from there you had yata lock until chaos came out

Kild fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 7, 2023

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

does anyone have any recommendable written piloting/deck guides for purrely, either in MD or TCG format? the ones I mostly find these days are videos, and I really prefer written guides for TCGs

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You've got detection on Auto probably. Set it to "On" or hold left mouse to turn it to ON while you click it as you go into end phase and it'll check immedietly on draw phase.

There's also a setting to automatically change it to a specific priority on turn change.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Battlepass is always worth it lasts forever and is pretty easy to complete even casually. You can wait until near the end if you want tho. The bundles that include staple cards like ash are always worth. Grab the free packs, you can't save them up or anything.

As for what to buy/play... there's manadium + VS both in the packs rn. But they're in high rarity and the other stuff in the packs aren't especially great.

The structures have Salamangreat and Ninjas which are competent but not especially good.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

usually the best structure deck in terms of power level that gets recommended is Salamangreat (buy 3x)

best decks right now are probably branded, labrynth, purrely, and dragon link. people seem to like vanquish soul a lot but that deck sort of flopped in TCG/OCG and it might be new toy syndrome though it looks really fun to play

e) also i dont follow my own advice here sometimes, but wait until you have 2000 gems to buy a 10x booster set. that's because if you don't pull any URs, the pity system guarantees you at least one UR from your next 10

VS is good. It had a great showing in the recent Duelist Cup, ignoring TCG + OCG tops.

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/tournaments/duelist-cup/december-2023/report

Here's a list of most of the top 100 players decks in the recent cup.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

OCG new banlist.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Syenite posted:

It would be hard to deal with, but I still think you're overselling how dangerous it would be now.

The pop requires you to be playing continuous spell/traps, which most decks don't.

It's only 2/3rds of a towers, which while still functionally a full towers for a lot of decks, is not as strong now with the existence of imperm, thrust etc. Plus more decks have both spells and traps in-archeyype.

It's only above 3k while you have diagram up and it isn't spell-unaffected. Popping a spell/trap then attacking with a 3k beater is something nearly every deck can do now.

Also merry xmas :greatgift:

E: also I feel zoodiac getting freed and doing gently caress-all, along with DPE staying gone kinda helps to realize that a quick pop isn't as powerful now

You would easily splash this w. Horus into a lot of decks I think

e: Kash cards too

Hardest part is searching it but AFD is legal

Kild fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 25, 2023

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

isn't MST a normal or rare?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

they want shady posted:

Took a break for christmas but I'm back on the grind. Expected to lose literally every duel in ranked but it turns out Accesscode is good enough to eke out some wins on its own lol (at least in bronze)

Thanks, will look into these. I actually ran into one of these today that was running a combo with P Princess and some battleship link monster I can't remember the name of. Sounds like a nice short term goal if I'm gonna keep upgrading the Salamangreat deck (probably should craft the princess first if I'm gonna keep playing fire monsters in the short term either way)

Thanks, also. Crafted a couple of these since they're normal and slotted them into where the rest of my Imperms would be (I only have one from the bundle). Wading into the discussion of if MST is better? Probably yes, absolutely (I also made a couple of MSTs since the only type of dust where it feels I gotta be stingy is UR), but at least where I'm at it also serves a really niche purpose as Imperm bait with a plus-side if I get to actually hit something with it.

See, it turns out that even bronze players are running way wilder poo poo than I was ever expecting (literally my first ranked duel was a Labyrinth-Dogmatika deck and that really opened my eyes to what modern Yu-Gi-Oh is actually expecting from me lol if that wasn't even ranked I can't imagine what'll be waiting for me if I ever climb to Silver). Now, that probably was an outlier because I haven't had a game so one sided since, but I still run into people running pretty much all the staples (and I mean multiples of them, I've also dueled people who it's pretty obvious they only have the hand outs from the bundles and the two or three they've bothered to craft, same as me). So, if they see you dropping an Ash or Maxx first, they'll assume that the set Typhoon is something way worse (like Imperm) and they will use those field spells pretty confidently.Or they'll try to get rid of typhoon with way more valuable cards (like Harpie's).

The one turn of bluffing in Bronze is actually pretty fun (it's one turn or so since so much happens in each player's first turn that it's really hard hiding that you have half a poo poo deck after that) and if Typhoon comes up it definitely has a role in that game. If you've got better cards you probably shouldn't be in bronze to begin with and so nature will take its course as people climb or not.

Craft Forbidden Chalice if you want an imperm replacement.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Flair posted:

What a banlist! Dragon Link and Runick Stun are getting slammed. Kash losing more consistency and grind game. Purrely also losing some more consistency. SHS actually getting a forbidden out of the gate.

What hows this affect dragon link at all?

e: Oh poo poo I missed the forbidden page

Visual Aid

Kild fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Dec 28, 2023

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

where emergency. where preventer

in a week hopefully

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/feb-03-2024/info

more readable version of seeing the new cards

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Horus Cards doko

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Yeah there's not a great equivalent to something like MTG Goldfish. The closest is MasterDuelMeta but even that's kinda lacking and does things like put up an article on Infernoble w. Phoenix Blade combos when its retrain isn't out and it's original is banned and gaslights everyone into thinking bamboo sword is good.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9CVxHEw2Do
e:
This is an OK primer but doesn't go very indepth for the pure variant combos. Also you can ignore the FK part it's probably the worse version and also not in MD.

Kild fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 12, 2024