Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, I get why people are on Self-burn, but why am I running into so many regular burn decks :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy

Ardeem posted:

^^^ Because monsters on the field are irrelevant and slow the matches down right now and it's 58 losses per day to get all the event rewards.

Makes sense. I'm mostly amused that I built paleo :frogout: with every board wipe I could get my hands on and half the decks I'm playing against aren't even on monsters.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Tri-and-guess can always land now baby!!

this is a UR lmao

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Okay relay soul selfTK is probably my favorite one of these so far. Second only to slamming the surrender button at the sight of frog the jam.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Grats! There's no greater feeling than capitalizing on your opponent's inability to read.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
I beat that one in true Joey fashion out of sheer luck. Opponent bricked 2 turns and I finally saw a second level 4 monster.

The Yugi vs Pegasus one was so much worse I thought, because if nothing else Toons have like 3 search spells on top of extrav. Astonished I beat that one. More astonished that opponent bricked after two extravs. I loved the Magical Hats against the deck based around direct attacks and the Curse of Dragon that searches the zero Gaia Spell/Traps played in the deck.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy

Touchdown Boy posted:

Anyone got any experience with Ancient Warriors? I am thinking of trying the N/R version and maybe crafting the full deck if I enjoy it. I know its not meta, but seems like it can pull off some stuff second turn?

I play AW/Eldlich ranked and have had fun so far with them in N/R! Here's my list:

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/saved-decks/623ba1231523283383a0bbec

Their biggest strengths here are their ability to swarm, their recovery, a searchable search spell and ability to clear boards. And they have decently high attack to boot. I'm not landing any OTK's, but I can generally end the board on at least one big guy, a S/T negate, and at least one battle trick.

Zhang Yuan was originally my build-around. Turning MST's into Twin Twisters is really powerful and you can pop cards on your opponent's turn. I also decided on double cyclone because I wanted something that would be live on both turns and you can plus off of 3 Visits and Borrowing Arrows. You can also chain it to MST, targeting it to not lose an additional card. And of course it doesn't negate but you still pop activated Spells and the have Yuan pop a monster. Also, technically a hand trap.

Zhuge Kong is your negate. You want to search him so he can SS himself. You can run 1 but this guy is always glued to my hand. And it's not terrible having another normal to search off of 3 Visits.

Tensu is like a better double summon. You retain your normal summon even if it leaves the field so ideally you summon Zhou Gong; pitch it for 3 Visits; and summon another guy and get your search. Its effortless to get 2 guys on the field so Zhang De is rarely a brick.

Anchamoufrite is the most unusual thing on my list. I'm just not impressed with the Rank 4 and 7 pool. Like the only neat thing is Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon off of popping your own Abdolute Dragon. AW's can brick since we run so many S/T's, so this guy helps. Also gives us a free 1900 body to get more damage in or a tribute for Zhang Yuan if desperate.

If you want to use the ED you can add Three Trolling Trolls and another Zhang De. Maybe run Lightning Vortex or Hand Destruction to get your guys in the grave.

No Kaiju because we can no longer Kaiju Bounce, but maybe run them if you're getting a lot of Dragublion turbo, which this can out but is hard.

Edit:

Forgot to mention but you can cut the traps or run whichever you prefer. I like Fog Blade because it's a negate but you can also use it to wall up. As a continuous trap, you can then sack it with your strategists.

Iserlohn fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 25, 2022

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, so I have the God board. It's Pacifis, Sea Stealth Attack, Vanity's Emptiness, Erruption of the Monarchs, and a tribute summoned Terrorking Salmon. This is my opener. Thing is I switched to play on mobile and auto-chain is off by default. And of course I get Lightning Stormed for my life cause I can't just Sea Stealth. They just had the one-of

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

And it was against the worst cydra player I've seen in my life just to really rub it in. 6 turns to navigate lethal, sheesh...

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Ah, I was just missing the N/R festival and tearing things up with Ancient Warriors.

I don't think I'll do nearly as well here, but I'm making Red Dragons.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htzmbRX95Mc

Sub out the crossout designators for your hand traps of choice. You may even be able to get away with more since O-lion is legal. This event is going to be very silly with Maxx C.

Also took a peek at the banlist and they really want you to be on Synchro this event. Herald is banned and other Ritual decks got hit, including Blue-Eyes (lol). Eldlich still banned. True Draco got hit.

I think if you want the absolute cheapest deck, Pacifis is still okay. Phantasm Spiral is at 1, but more importantly Sea Stealth is at 3. Cheapest Synchro deck might be... Cardian? That Ursarctic list above is neat.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Ugggh, 50 pts from maxing the synchro event and my opponent takes 4 minutes to decide what to pitch for Lili. They still bricked hard enough that they couldn't even synchro summon. I wipe out their entire board and get enough damage to win and they don't even let me get the points for attacking cause they surrendered. And then I find that the match doesn't even count :shepface:

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
I should probably just play Tri-Brigade Ancient Warriors for the Links Festival. AW has been really good in all of these events. But I kinda want build Marincess since that's what I played to learn Links and maybe they'll get support to maybe do something.

For Pendulum, I want to play True Draco. Like, pendulum true draco. Dracoslayer? I pulled 2 Mister Peace, face-off and some other stuff to make it tempting, but I don't think I can justify spending SR points on normal monsters...

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Just saw a Duel Live match with the stall bot. Which would have been funny on its own, except the other player pulled off Dark Strike Fighter FTK.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of Swordsoul, any tips for how to deal with Token Collector?

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
lol need that wyrm kaiju

I don't know if there's a smart way to sequence plays like hold off on ecclesia effect, or if I'm really just hoping to draw removal.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the advice on Swordsoul! It would be more ideal to get the Tenyi's in rotation. I was running a very greedy version of the deck with DPE and, erm, Metaltron XII...

PenguinKnight posted:

good lord I wish losses would drop you down in rank. bots got me up to bronze and people have real, complete decks here

please send me back to baby dumbshit land :negative:

It's rough with the season reset. I remember some seasons where I would see full power drytron, tri-zoo, etc in silver. I guess some people de-ranked even further.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Finally, an excuse to play Floo!

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
I was thinking about powering through this event, but it sounds rough... I guess I can gut the Tri part of my deck and just play Ancient Warriors like I've done literally every other event.

It sucks cause I've been trying to talk myself into playing this dumb Athena Burn/Fairy Link deck with the new Agent and Semi'd Light Stage, but I just hyper focus on Maxx C/Nabiru and lose all urge to play.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
I get it, it's an annoying format, and you have to play it, because you need gems or else you're not gonna be motivated to play in general. And there are caveats to make getting gems more annoying on top of it.

I am seeing some people get weird with it, at least. I ran into a SelfTK deck in Gold V somehow.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
how has the anti-spell event been? i think it's funny i can run a crusty AW Eldlich deck, but wasn't sure what people are playing.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
It's about time.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Sheesh, this new pack is not great. But lmao at Illegal Knight being a UR after all the hits to Adventure.

What's Floowandereeze do now without the Barrier Statue? I don't suppose the Simorgh cards enable anything interesting.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Floo

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Seems that the pack will feature new cards like Aki Shari(!) and Rexterm(!!). Now where's Deer Note?

Edit: er, I'm reading that wrong and they're in a new pack, but hey they're coming soon.

https://twitter.com/MasterDuelSite/status/1604305705078513668?t=-K3nBj4Z2MH852ZeJOG8nQ&s=19

I'm actually rather enjoying the last hours of Duelist Cup. Sometimes it feels like bullying, but it feels real good sticking it to Runick. I'm shocked at how consistently I've ended on Empen + Dark Simorgh + Anti-Spell + Maxx C.

Iserlohn fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 18, 2022

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Summoning Dark Simorgh against Labrynth before they can set any cards is pretty darn satisfying.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Petered out at lvl 19. Good enough for me. Uh, Runick's gotta go. It's frustrating because independently, it's not a great deck. But it basically patches up every weakness with floodgate Eldlich. I only lost to it once, but it still doesn't feel fun to play against while deliberately playing an anti-meta deck focused on beating Runick. I'd rather lose to something like HERO than win grinding through all of Runick's floodgates.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
You're kidding me, 1 Empen and no S/T removal. I guess you just draw the 1-of Evenly, huh.

Surprised there wasn't more Branded representation. I harped on Runick, but I wouldn't mind if Branded got hit on the next banlist.

lol at Drytron making it in

Edit: Glife isn't real

Iserlohn fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 19, 2022

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy

Regalingualius posted:

Finally managed to hit Diamond 5 with Utopia on an 8-game winstreak :toot:

Way to go! Don't lose heart in Diamond.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
I kind of like Floo where it is right now.

Besides Stormwinds, the Prosperity hit actually matters. Prosperity at 1 hurts consistency, but it also encourages using Extrav. Extrav conflicts with Shifter and you will inevitably have dead cards in hand. It's the argument for why the ratios in the top Floo lists are so questionable. And I think that's actually really interesting that you have to consider the value of making sure your floodgate is alive as often as possible versus running the risk of drawing into dead cards. It's a real trade-off that you won't see in actual floodgate decks.

Banning Dreaming Town kills the deck. I don't really agree with any ban that makes an entire deck useless, and while the Raiza loop is devastating it's just not amongst the most toxic cards this format.

Floo is the only deck I've played with 7 pots and 9 searchers and it can still brick. It's incredibly fragile; most Floo hands cannot play through 2 handtraps (even 1 is really good on Eglen). If you run S/T removal, you can bait the Town and then just deal with 1 negate in Apex Avian. It's incredibly vulnerable to Floodgates. If you're losing to Floo a lot, change up. Play Droll or some removal. I played 3 Lightning Storm, HFD and Dark Simorgh in Floo because I do not want to lose to floodgates.

And I hope MD never moves away from Bo1. I'd really rather not play against some of these Runnick decks more than once (or at all!).

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Ah, Starry Knight is a very frustrating deck to build. Even morseo because this gimmicky build with Z-Arc doesn't exactly work how I want it to.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Every Floo list is on Duality, so it hurts a few decks. Card of Demise to 2 is a slap on the wrist for Runick, but I admit it is a really fun card in Dinomorphia.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Would be nice to see Super Poly banned or limited. I've accepted that every deck I play has to beat Mirrorjade and Branded in Red at minimum, but Super Poly just sucks to play against. Hitting it now at least let's people pull the 2 re-release packs without worrying and deals with Garura down the road.

Semi Aluber was exactly what I was thinking as a bare minimum hit. Maybe it's less of an issue in Branded Despia, but I'm pretty sure 3 is normal in Branded Lich, which is also popular.

Otherwise, it's nice to see so many SR hits on the banlist. I can recoup my losses building Starry Knight. That deck is seriously unfit for even Bronze. I ended up taping it together with Agents, Trickstars and Artifacts like some Fairy Frankenstein, but I never got to summon Seiyaryu...

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Probably! I just had 3 Seiyaryu and wanted to atone for bird crimes.

Pure is like a terrible Control deck. You have to run so many cards to enable its gimmick and even with unique flavors of Control/Stun like Condemned Witch for Droplet and Statue it's just not enough.

Blind Second is like extremely bad Ancient Warriors. Honest is something and Seiyaryu's pop effect could be useful if you can't OTK. And you will never OTK, so there's no point.

The deck does have some features going for it. Seiyaryu can also pop your own cards like Scythe or Z-Arc. The continuous spell can trade a garnet like Scythe or Shine Ball and then let you get a pop when your opponent activates something. So I leaned on these aspects and got this:

So it's bad Agents. But there are some unique interactions like since Seiyaryu is a 7 you can get a level 10 Synchro with evil Venus... uh, Seiyaryu can't be destroyed by DPE. Yeah, you get more out of using it on Chengying, but it's something!

If for some God-forsaken reason you have Pluto and Soul of the Supreme King on the field, you can respond to the summon of Z-Arc with Pluto to flip it face-down which prevents its effect from being negated, allowing it to nuke your opponent's field.

That's all I got.

I was thinking up a ritual version with Sauravius and Pendulumgraph Dragon, but ehh. There's really not much this deck can do with how much you have to invest in its playstyle, if you actually want to play it.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Are these supposed to be the last cards? Or are people extrapolating based on the implication that Aluber fused with Albaz. I doubt it's the end since they give us a random Icejade card that isn't corrupted or whatever.

It's interesting how with every new card Icejade completely changes how it plays (battle, control, lvl 10 synchro turbo). I like how the new card mirrors Longyuan. The equip effect is really clunky, but it's an attempt at something different.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
New Event could be fun. I hope they're careful with the banlist. If they let us use generic stuff, I think I'll be going with Beetrooper.

Therion really needed 4 UR's, huh. I guess I'm saving up for the next pack.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Ballpark is really fun and has some interesting interactions. And it's a cheap deck to craft. It's just worse than ever to blind second right now.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Ancient Warriors has like just enough cards to make a deck, but it's probably not worth it.

Beetrooper has everything it needs besides DPE. That works for me!

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
I may have overestimated Beetrooper's end board. Atlas + Neptune + Cicada King + Scary Moth + Maxx C in hand isn't bad, but I can't say I'm happy with it.

Might just throw in a bunch of board breakers and blind second since it's easy enough to assemble lethal.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
For Legends I want to mess around with Morphtronics, but I haven't committed to a build yet.

For XYZ I'll probably play Ancient Warriors with Rhongo. Or Floo

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Learning some unfortunate rulings in testing Morphtronics. Map's summon effect misses timing if you pop it with AFD, because it has a When effect. That explains why no one has ever run it. Psychic Blade doesn't let you pay LP when you activate it with Braver Dragon's effect, so it doesn't gain any ATK. Tragic.

That said, this deck is a lot of fun! Running Hyper Librarian is hilarious because not only do you draw like a dozen cards, but you also gain like 5000 LP over the course of your turn with Telefon.

Also, Double-Edged Sword is such a fun target for Braver Dragon. I just had a game where I ran it into my opponent's Verte, dealing 8800 damage to both of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I've seen that combo around. I imagine you could finagle a line to Synchro Desert Locust and get another card out of your opponent's hand. Extra Deck space is so tight though and there's really no consensus in lists I've found.

For my Legends build I usually end on Saryuja + Nat Beast + Linkuriboh + Red Hot Dragon Abyss + Bane. Kinda awkward having Saryuja and Bane chilling but I wind up with 2 cards left in the Extra plus Braver Dragon to OTK on the follow-up. Links are safer, but the pay-off's not great in the event. And I wish the deck had any sort of plan B that isn't Accesscode.