Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The more I play it the more Link's meta seems unbelievably bad. Everyone seems to run multiple copies of Mirror Wall, or Wall of Disruption, or Floodgate, and despite all these practical traps you have no reason not to use there's very little practical removal.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Sylvans with Aroma Strategy :getin:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Duel Links has really become a shitshow recently.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This event made Tristan look cooler than I expected.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm really close to just not playing ranked again until they make ranking up based on win percentage, or something better than 'win exactly when we want you to'. They have to know how unreasonable that is right now.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It feels like it's only going to get worse in terms of just ignoring whole aspects of other decks, basically every top thing does that right now. Samurais with backrow, Ancient Gears with monster effects, Weevil deck with...playing more than one monster. I actually made it to Legend last month playing Sea Stealth Attack since that eats their whole strategy alive. :v:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I mean there's no way any of the modern stuff is gonna be legal in these Rush duels right, any more than you could play them in physical Speed Duels.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I find Yuma's dub voice fine at least in Duel Links. It helps he has Astral with him which brings a bunch of funny dialogue just Yuma alone wouldn't have.

"Yeah, I'm gonna win!" "Pleaaaaase don't choke."

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Duel Links doesn't have handtraps or anything but for that format setting two Floodgates and a Fiendish can basically amount to the same thing.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Sevens is actually a quite popular show over there so far, so even if Rush Duels are only going to be around as long as it is that could end up being a while.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
All letting people play one of [busted staple] would do is increase luck-sacs, which are generally not that fun to be on the receiving end of in a game like this. Until recently Duel Links let you play Grass at 1 rather than ban it, which basically sent the message of "blowing people out with this is fine, but only if it happens just sometimes".

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Several levels still don't have any worthwhile Synchros to make out of them, so it's no big surprise to me they're dripfeeding Xyzs.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Aromages can be obtained through freebies and one small box, and they're a fairly competent archetype if you want a more control style.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Vandar posted:

Watching through Cimooooooooo / Nyhm / MBT's various progression series's has only confirmed to me that old-school Yugioh was just as broken as modern Yugioh, just in a different way.

The later GX episodes of Progression made me think Konami really doesn't learn from their mistakes, since set after set of Gage not changing anything about the busted deck he was able to pull really reminded me of all the bad boxes they put in Duel Links after releasing Aleister the Invoker and Purgatrio.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Honestly yeah, it's a lot more fair to compare it to the first couple Xyz boxes in Duel Links, since those came out after Al finally got some fairly significant hits. But even then a whole other deck needed to get nuked and Invoked Cocytus was banned because the Xyz we got at the start just couldn't get over them, so there was definitely the same kind of "please forget this ever happened" energy to both.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 3, 2021

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Duel Links is also in a very strange place where the current top decks are arguably much weaker than things from a while ago in addition to weaker cards on average. Having played against Invoked and Darklords which are still smeared across the banlist, I can tell you Onomats would curl up and die against both at full or even slightly less than full power, same with Harpies.

Really, almost all the decks you'll see right now is stuff from the anime. They've been going for that angle for months, and releasing good decks that didn't appear there might contradict that.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jul 20, 2021

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
There's a fair amount of good Fiend decks that could use her, Burning Abyss for example is based around getting them and other useful cards into the graveyard.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Has anyone else been having way more connection problems on Master Duel lately? I picked it up on Switch so it definitely isn't as good as it could be, but it was fine on release up until now, when I can barely do one game without getting kicked out and penalized for it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Vandar posted:

Eternal Soul and True Light are both poo poo and I’m going to keep waving this flag.

I still think it’s hilarious that Blue-Eyes support consists of an entire freaking cult while the Dark Magician’s key support is uh…a shirt and a stick. Good job guys, wank off Kaiba some more why don’t you. :v:

Well, it was, these days Blue-Eyes is just Fusion and Ritual stuff with the cult kinda shoved under the rug.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Not really enjoying this 'hit surrender if you don't have Ash for Junk Speeder' event.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm so loving tired of Numeron.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If you're gonna play Blue-Eyes in Links don't miss the most recent structure deck it got, getting it three times gives you most of the current deck even if it takes money the latter two.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I swear this event's designed to be impossible unless you're running something that's already three decks jammed together.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I don't care too much about the Albaz storyline, but is neat that with it and stuff like the Sky Striker manga around it doesn't feel like the main game is missing out too much for not having an anime anymore.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

girl dick energy posted:

I haven't played DL in a while. What's the meta like?

Right now, mostly anime decks that got really pushed skills. The latest pack was decent for stuff outside of that at least.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I think they kinda regret giving Dark Magician and Blue-Eyes either of those mechanics, since they've yanked them both back to Fusions and Rituals for the past couple waves. I dunno why, since without the Synchro support Blue-Eyes is even less playable.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Bo1 encourages giving up too fast, especially if you're getting tilted.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
New stuff typically only comes monthly in that and the boxes now usually coincide with advertising some character's cards, so ironically decks like that can take so long to arrive they're not even that good in Duel Links when they do. It only got War Rocks this year, for example, a little while before Links.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They only open all of their extenders every time I play against them, not all the time in general.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Well you see Japan hasn't banned it, so clearly there is no problem with the card

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Cleretic posted:

I don't care how fun Tear vs. Tear is, I don't wanna play Tear, it's not my kind of playstyle.

MBT: I missed the part where that's my problem

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Had a Tearlament player get their mill like they're obligated to do every game, get some Ishizu stuff in the graveyard, and then play Mask Change II for Dark Law because nothing actually restricts them from doing that. If they were going to make a deck this spoiled couldn't they at least make the cards in it look interesting?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I can only tell the girls apart by what they actually do.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I think we'll have a really fun format when there's more cards, but it's not quite there yet. Shame they're in a game where they need to split releases now!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
"I'll rotate a thousand sets before I localize Rush Duels!" - Tewart, maybe

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Grapha,_Dragon_Overlord_of_Dark_World Tears getting to summon this was not fun, actually

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Feels Villeneuve posted:

ok but when do i get an AA-ZEUS gunpla

https://twitter.com/House_of_Champs/status/1669726541322805249?lang=en eventually

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Fluffals are almost always close to full power in these events, they're amazing for farming wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Yeah that's sure the audience Dkayed cultivated