Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Can you make Swordsoul Tenyi on a day 1 Master Duels account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Ardeem posted:

Day 1 would require Yugi Moto’s own luck and a lot of grinding, or spending money. Week one is more likely.

girl dick energy posted:

As Ardeem said, Day 1 probably not. Day 3? Doable!

Hmm... then it is either I grind for it or perhaps I just go golden boy.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

girl dick energy posted:

Don't pay real money for it, early game gems are comedically generous. It's not gonna be hard, or even much of a grind, it'll just take a couple days of play. Long enough to be sure you actually like the game.

I have and will never spend money on a F2P game

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
The maintenance message for Master Duels could be better. I did not know maintence was going to happen today. As soon as I won my first game, the maintence message popped up. I hope my win and activities count towards the daily.

edit: That first game did not count towards anything.

Flair fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 6, 2022

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

King of Solomon posted:

I'm pretty sure all of the 0 ATK monsters are Reptiliannes. Which, to be fair, the Reptilianne legacy support IS good.

Uh no. There are 0 ATK monsters that are not Reptiliannes, and there are Reptiliannes that are not 0 ATK.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Irony Be My Shield posted:

When it comes to the UR staples (the handtraps, Called By and Crossout) you can replace those with whatever you have available - your own handtrap suite, good URs you get for free (eg Raigeki, Lightning Storm, Monster Reborn), additional Salamangreat cards (eg Salamangreat Rage is good, and Meer can sometimes be useful) or decent low rarity cards (eg Forbidden Chalice, Paleozoic Dinomischus). The other extra deck cards (Almiraj, Linguriboh, Phoenix) are sometimes useful but are by no means essential, you can replace them with more Salamangreat stuff.

For further budget options, "Parallel eXceed" is also a choice, and it is a N cost card to craft if you do not have those already.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Regalingualius posted:

So why didn’t this event come with any loaners? Feels like it’s impossible for me to get to 10 wins even after I bit the bullet and spent all my UR on Ash and Maxx C

At the very least, you have staples that could be used in any deck.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah this isn't a festival this is a ranked event like the Not-Kaiba-Cup thing a few months back.

Which is honestly for the better, cuts down on the bots since you have to actually win to progress and not get by by just losing hundreds of matches.

Bots are an issue, but I prefer everyone get as many gems as anyone else can get for free.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Is it me or are these getting more frequent? https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/october-16-2022/master-duel-forbidden-list-update

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Onmi posted:

I think the bots put them up not realizing that this event was... not medals.

The missions still confer some gems for having duels, and if they got to Gold V, they won some games to get there, completing another line of missions.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Ardeem posted:

They really need to add secret packs for archtypes that introduced through selection packs, and for archtypes that got one or two new cards in the selection packs, just shove them into the existing secret packs.

It is unfortunate that some casual and meta decks will be more expensive than other decks because they do not have a secret pack or structure deck, but perhaps that is the limit of Konami's "generosity"

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Leaks for MD: https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/november-08-2022/master-duel-datamines

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/november-11-2022/master-duel-datamines

Looks like they have listen to feedback. Not only are they bringing back loaner decks, they are having multiple loaner decks in one event according to leaks.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

TaurusOxford posted:

Edit: 8-Axis might actually do well in this event provided Konami stop banning Danger! Bigfoot and Gizmek Orochi...

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/november-2022/anti-spell-festival

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Skios posted:

I was playing last night, low Platinum ranked duels, and it was really weird. Whenever I presented so much as a hint of a threat (or a disruption, if I was going second) my opponent immediately scooped. Was that just people scrambling to wrap up the season pass?

Surrendering does not give exp for the battle pass, so I doubt it.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Skios posted:

I actually caught a self-burn deck in the replays for the five gems. They managed to get themselves down to 100LP before passing, and the opponent still insisted on comboing into a 12000 attack King of Skull Servants for the kill.

Gotta complete the secret challenge of Deal over 8.000 Damage in a single Attack and the "Ultra Burst" achievement

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Konami saw Floo, and they thought Tearlament had too much competition

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I keep my rank low to play fun decks, but in the festival, everyone is going hard. I faced Swordsoul from someone is supposedly Gold 3. WTF!

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

I have been piling my gift inbox for this moment.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Regalingualius posted:

Yeah, already splurged the free 1k gems on ‘em, too.

We are not the same:

Regalingualius posted:

In general, should you always be buying packs in 10s?

Yes

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Skios posted:

Apparently with Master Duel going off of OCG rules, Branded Expulsion can be used to consistently give your opponent Ra's Disciple or Ido the Supreme Magical Force to lock them out of summoning anything, going off just a single Aluber.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Master Duel always goes off OCG ruling. If anything, I thought that's why MD's banlist usually matches up more with the OCG banlist than the TCG banlist.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Regalingualius posted:

Yo is there some known bug with a monster that has a quick effect to be discarded and make it so that every card sent to the graveyard that turn is banished instead (can’t remember the name) that makes you unable to activate spells?

I’ve had it happen twice tonight, it was literally the only thing my last opponent did, but normal spells that I absolutely should have been able to activate were only able to be set

E: ran into someone else doing it the very next match, but I managed to zap it with Called by the Grave; name was Dimension Shifter

That is not a bug. If you cannot fulfill the cost of the card e.g. sending cards to the graveyard as a cost rather than as an effect, you will not be able to play the card or activate the effect. There is a reason why players would use Dimension Shifter.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New gate:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
The duelist cup will soon be upon us:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Regalingualius posted:

I see, kind of counterintuitive, but I get it now.

Also… are there any major archetypes that actually want to go second?

Crusadia OTK

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I have the UR Branded fusion monsters now. Should I build Branded with the Adventure engine or the Patchwork engine?

I believe the current general consensus is the Patchwork engine.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Whoever designed floo should be punched in the face, repeatedly

It's my turn, not your turn again, gently caress off and die

I am sorry to say this, but Tearlaments are also coming.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Regalingualius posted:

I just hate that because I wasn’t playing during the time the relevant selection packs were available, some archetypes like Swordsoul are significantly harder to get into due to how UR-heavy their lists are

We are near Sprite and Tearlament meta, so Swordsoul's relevance is at its peak. Nonetheless, the Abyss secret pack exists, so you can always invest in that if you want modern relevance.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Regalingualius posted:

Oh, yeah, aside from 1500 on the new deck, that pack’s what I’ve been blowing my points on.

Also, is there no way to filter cards by whether you can break them down?

That depends on what you mean.

There is a dismantle extra cards button in the top right in the deck builder menu, but the limitation there is that it will keep a full playset (x3) for each foil rarity you have.

If you are asking for usability of a card, you can always look through your current SR/UR on the master duel meta website and see if they have been played recently. Again the limitation there is that the data is user submitted. Also, you never really know if an old card or deck may become relevant later.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

mandatory lesbian posted:

Im glad they changed the gem rewards to have one of the missions be summoning the types that suck

The only xyz/ritual/synchro deck i have is super quants and oh boy are they not good anymore

Swordsoul is a synchro deck, and Branded is a fusion deck. Both missions have their strong decks, though splitting it up is unfortunate for players who do not have decks that cover both missions.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

mandatory lesbian posted:

I think youll find fusion is not a xyz/synchro/ritual

I was talking about the other mission that includes fusion summons. Nonetheless, there are "decent" decks that fulfill these conditions like D/D/D and Dryton; of course, this all requires building them if you do not have them already.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

VostokProgram posted:

Is Master Duel a good way to learn?

I think the only way to learn is to watch videos, though Master Duel does work with the full ruleset, so if something does not work the way you think it does, the game is right.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

We are getting a rerun of Swordsoul, Despia, and Icejade Selection Pack.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Regalingualius posted:

Think so, yeah; had a Chain war where they used theirs, I Ash’d it, they Nobleman’d my Ash, and I Called their Maxx C, IIRC

Called By affect all cards of the same original name which include your own cards.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Here is the current known list of the top 10 players of Stage 2:

1. Adamancipator
2. Floowandereeze
3. Floowandereeze
4. Runick
5. Grass Branded Despia
6. Virtual World
7. Adamancipator (first two days) and Runick (for rest)
8. Floowandereeze
9. Floowandereeze
10. Tenyi Swordsoul and Branded Despia

Here are some of the decklists:

2nd place
3rd place
1st place

7th place

Another thing to note is that the 3rd place player was the first one to reach 60,000 points and was first place for a decent amount of time, but he decided to sleep. And when he woke up, he saw his 3rd placing with a few hours until the event ended and decided not to play anymore.

Flair fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 22, 2022

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Iserlohn posted:

You're kidding me, 1 Empen and no S/T removal. I guess you just draw the 1-of Evenly, huh.

Surprised there wasn't more Branded representation. I harped on Runick, but I wouldn't mind if Branded got hit on the next banlist.

I am also surprised that Swordsoul was not more represented given the data on meta website (though it comes with a selection bias).

If you are interested, 3rd place has streams of his Stage 2 performance: https://www.youtube.com/@kg9504/streams

edit: If anyone wants to see VODs of the 9th place player (who is a Vtuber btw), https://www.twitch.tv/nezutiyo/videos?filter=archives&sort=time

Flair fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Dec 20, 2022

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Flair posted:

Here is the current known list of the top 10 players of Stage 2:

1. Adamancipator
2. Floowandereeze
3. Floowandereeze
4. Runick
5. Grass Branded Despia
6. Virtual World
7. Adamancipator (first two days) and Runick (for rest)
8. Floowandereeze
9. Floowandereeze
10. Tenyi Swordsoul and Branded Despia

Here are some of the decklists:

2nd place
3rd place
1st place

7th place

Another thing to note is that the 3rd place player was the first one to reach 60,000 points and was first place for a decent amount of time, but he decided to sleep. And when he woke up, he saw his 3rd placing with a few hours until the event ended and decided not to play anymore.

The final tally by Konami has displaced the 9th and 10th players that were known when the event stopped: Here are the final top ten finishers and their decklists:
https://roadoftheking.com/master-duel-duelist-cup-2022-december/

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Based on the results of the top 10 and the top 100, Konami might implement more parts of OCG banlist: Grass to 2, Map to 1, Branded Fusion to 1 or 2, etc. Nonetheless, Konami has the analytics; I would hope they know what to hit or buff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Here is the current archetype breakdown of the known decklists that made it to top 100 in Stage 2: