Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
But he gives cash as a gift!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

grittyreboot posted:

Andrew Garfield was a terrible fit for both Spider-man AND Peter Parker

I am the only person I know who enjoyed those movies but it took me a while to realize it's entirely because I had a crush on Andrew Garfield.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Never forget that Ted Nugent did a reality show where one of the challenges was to play chicken with an oncoming pickup truck. Your progress was tracked by bales of hay with progressively higher dollar amounts on them.

The first contestant got hit by the truck.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

nishi koichi posted:

it’s so crazy to me that apparently a husband non-erotically spanking his wife was... a thing? i don’t know how common it was back in the day but wtf

here's a good article about this

edit: https://theattic.jezebel.com/i-dont-know-whether-to-kiss-you-or-spank-you-a-half-ce-1769140132

edit 2: \/\/\/ drat you for also reading this

Benagain has a new favorite as of 20:12 on Feb 28, 2021

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I keep realizing i am the only one who likes amazing spider man 1 and 2. It's mostly because i have a massive crush on andrew garfield

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Cleretic posted:

I think a big part of what makes Nickelback simultaneously extremely hateable, and extremely hard to figure out why people hate them, is that they're the kind of band that has one good song... that they kept playing for about six albums.

I hate the red hot chilli peppers for this exact reason.

shut the gently caress up about california already

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

christmas boots posted:

Speaking of wife beaters i always get a kick out how that is THE Hank Pym defining moment and it’s all because the artist and the writer didn’t communicate properly

wait what? I thought this was just a ultimate thing

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Kevin DuBrow posted:

This is like when I discovered the Marquis de Sade in a bookstore and thought "ooh, 18th century erotic novels, how quaint" and went on to be grossed out by the contents and learn that the word sadism is named after him.

this is what those zoomers discovering goatse for the first time feel like

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

mandatory lesbian posted:

Fwiw bi women only being able to get with girls bc men are weird about it is incredibly real

hell as a bi dude one time I was attempting to hit on a lady in a bar and mentioned I was bi.

her immediate, no-hesitation response was to ask if I'd been molested as a child.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Man this is making me remember my favorite X-Men arc, where they descend into hell but it's literally Dante's hell and Colossus opens the gates of hell and Dr Strange is like "hold on now I'm just a sorcerer of very little brain but he shouldn't be able to do that even though he's cool(because he's a commie) so this must be a fake Dante hell and not the real one." And it is! Made by I wanna say nightcrawlers mom or something? poo poo I can't remember the end I'm too high

Oh and storms a thief so she gets taken to the ring for theft and gets turned into a snake so wolverine has to smell her out

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Eyyy, accidentally shooting that 12 year old was the best thing that ever happened!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
iirc there was a sidequest where you could get drunk with an asari merc in a bar as she reminisced about her krogan bff/lover and after enough drinks she starts looking more krogan-y