Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

bobjr posted:

Is Jack Reacher the one where there’s a lot of description about his ridiculously big hands?

it’s the one where he gets to live the boomer dad dream by being a rich-ish hobo-cop, picking up and leaving whenever he wants to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The 24/7/ ai-generated Seinfeld stream lasted all of six days before

https://twitter.com/watmay1/status/1622518097067511811

man who would have thought ai art mirrors the exact same terrible bullshit as most of the stem-lords who masturbate to it?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Aces High posted:

he also seems to get cast in the strangest places. What reason was there to cast him in His Dark Materials as opposed to literally any other actor, hell considering it was through HBO you'd think they would've gotten Timothy Olyphant or someone

Olyphant is busy making a new justified miniseries and was making the deadwood movie, tyvm.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

That Italian Guy posted:

He was what now????

Deadwood the movie came out in 2019, new justified comes out this year IIRC.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Remulak posted:

Did Tarantino direct all of them or just some? Details are (probably intentionally) sketchy.

I though it was just an episode and executive producing, but I’m probably wrong.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Jedit posted:

I don't believe his wife does.

she'll have the first orgasm of her life when the coroner signs his death certificate.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Stayne Falls posted:

I'm now genuinely confused as to what terms are not offensive to describe these people. That one just seems so neutrally descriptive from my ignorant perspective.

you could always just ask them what they prefer?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Dave Syndrome posted:

"Sinti und Roma" is the officical umbrella term used in Germany, so that probably tracks.

elsewhere in Central Europe there’s a lot of disagreement over terms because of the legacy of horribly oppressive regimes and whatnot so it’s always best to ask. i have students who prefer cigán over roma/sinti and vice versa.

when in doubt just ask is a good rule.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Dave Syndrome posted:

Oh, absolutely. I was just responding to the "I think they were called Sinto" comment to confirm that yes, some do use the word Sinto (singular) or Sinti (plural) to refer to their group.

for sure, i didn;t mean it as a callout or anything, just adding some context from the former iron curtain. identities are tricky things.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Barbie > Oppenheimer mostly because Nolan can’t get out of his own drat way and turns great performances into a badly edited overlong slog that ruins all the interesting bits.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Why would anyone's goto celeb be some guy from a D&D podcast and a poo poo webcomic

lol webcomics

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

my mom has lupus but apparently she didn't get the version with dumb spoon metaphors.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Torquemada posted:

Most of it is down to English constantly looking for new and interesting ways to mutate and diversify. Idiom is a mainstay of the language, so 'I don't have the spoons for that' is readily comprehensible to a native speaker to mean 'I don't have the energy' or 'I already have enough on my plate'. It's definitely not a theory though.

it is in no way comprehensible to a native speaker (myself).

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Elissimpark posted:

Sorry that you had to find out this way that you speak the wrong English.

i lived in pennsylvania, i always knew that.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yinz Pennsylvania or You'se Pennsylvania?

fries in the sammich, pennmac on saturday morning pennsylvania.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

there was nothing good about nfts, lol.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Offler posted:

If it weren't for NFTs, these two videos wouldn't exist, so that statement is not 100% true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_xWvX1n9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-sNSjS8cq0

I was already familiar with Dan, but since it's far and away his most viewed video it surely made lots of others aware of him and his videos. Just like the second video did for me with its creator Münecat, and it's always nice finding more of those channels that produce well researched and informative videos that are also entertaining to watch.

lol not watching 2 2 hour videos about nfts, nice try.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

credburn posted:

The second one is unwatchable anyway. I hope that style of editing goes away, that's something I hope we can look back on in a few years and wonder why this was ever an aesthetic.

i second this but also hope that longform "video essays" go extinct.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Shard posted:

The character design of Jack from Mass Effect 2 and 3 is so poo poo and has aged very poorly. Any time a director designs a character to be scantily clad and tries to come up with a good reason for it, it always fails.

also jack was poorly written and obnoxious

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

why don't you reap some bitches

reapers? more like weapers, am i right?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

A Worrying Warlock posted:

Close: The Big Sleep has a side character murdered and we never find out who did it, although there's a bunch of people who could have done done it.

My favorite interpretation is that it's L.A. in the fifties, and there's just a lot of murder. They don't all need to be connected,

the novel was written in ‘39, the film was made in ‘46

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

A Worrying Warlock posted:

:doh:
It's still early here, and was definitely asleep when I wrote that.

To bring it back on topic, Chandler's Little Sister is one of my favorites and has a fantastic femme fatale character, but it might win an award for worst aged opening ever...

oh yeah, not a slam it's just wild how old it actually is. the film is one of my all time favorites.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

goons love putting way more thought into dumb plot devices than the creators of said plot devices do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

next week, goons debate the causes of the persistence of vision