Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
just a minor thing, but didnt american school used to offer German as a language but then WW1 and 2 happened and obvious german stuff took a hit / deletion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
maybe the nukes and nuclear winter wrent good enough.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
are the copyrights expensive , just want to know if the mehish cartoon "Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century" paid a pretty penny to have a clone of Moriarty do future things in in the 22nd Century.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Zil posted:

Shipping really doesn't follow many rules

also adults caring about highschoolers , college freshman, young adults and their love life has been a thing forever.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You'd think so but there's also a real problem with young men having few to no basic life skills because even progressive and feminist parents just don't bother teaching them.

dont for get its gay to touch your own butt or even dick.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
rip Sean Smith/ vilerat. sure is weird how regressives stopped trying to get justice for him and the three other dude after 2016.

also didnt Michael Bay make a Mr Ben Ghazi movie in 2016 and it aged like spoiled milk even when the it was just a 2014/15 announcement?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i'm going to jump on the south park grenade of "the political parties are a turd sandwich and a douchebag " being the worst lesson they ever imparted.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
well you see there a good jews and bad jews.

the good ones are their friends, stop asking to see pics of them/on their political team.

and the bad ones are ones not on their team.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
reminder that the Atlas Shrug movie had an iron tight contract that they needed to re create DA SPEECH.

also it needed to get Crowdfunding because part 1 bombed.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i feel like the whole disaster genre should take a break for a few years, given how 2020 showed how many truely loving stupid people there are.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i thought Gutfeld 's show got cancel.

or was that another """"""comedy"""""/Daily Show ripoff spinoff and he has his own main poo poo. Also if he's so popular how I havent heard of Gutfeld before his canceled show?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

MHIMYM was an extremely popular sitcom and with Big Bang theory feels like the last of those types of sitcoms

I think TV will still have its niche till netflix and other streaming services re invent the wheel / their own programming depts.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Mmmm I dont get them not wanting to recast kids, its a sitcom, not prestige tv.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Krispy Wafer posted:

I legitimately had no idea who the character even was or I would have been more specific. It just follows the usual Twitter indignation that occurs whenever a comic gets adapted or IP remade. The only movie that was truly as bad as men-with-strong-opinions-on-the-internet claimed was probably the Ghostbusters remake, but it wasn't bad for the reasons they cited.

Of all the weird sci-fi timelines versus real life (i.e. Bladerunner in 2019, Robocop in 2015) people going up in private spacecraft and getting cryogenically frozen is probably only a few years off. I think we're one bad cancer diagnosis for Elon Musk from both of those happening.

the world would become a better place if Musk or any other gigadollar haver legit thinks their galaxy bean knows better than those dumb nerds, and try to freeze themseleves.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The fact that spoiler culture also thinks they have a right to be unspoiled by retellings of REAL/HISTORICAL events is going to make the 9/11 movie wild.

Also I'm spoiling myself and reading the marvel movie wiki, and I hate how they did the thing where EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Isnt the "maybe magic is real or maybe it isnt" thing a hedge bet, because even though Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter were massive successes, genre elitism was still a thing? (oh and there still wasnt enough nerds from these genre ghettos in the work forces / consumer end to convince some dumb exec that THING good)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
My two cents on the Isis name change : This feels like its a exec or some other suit worrying that the LCD public is soooooooooooooo god drat stupid that they think that a single word or name is always the same THING.

You dont have to hand it to a broken clock.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
He happened to like hookers okay.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
just adapt the yugioh version of it.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Civilization is Magic.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
probably because the game devs are nerds and want an excuse to have Mark Hammil work with them.

Oh and Kevin Conroy is also a nerd bucket list item a few ways down from Hammil.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Didnt the Joker as part of his setup for his Arkham takeover was to get a bunch of his Blackgate goons get transfered to Arkham somehow?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Execs thinking that nerds or kids not being able to keep track of things is projection.

iirc one of them for Super Man Returns almost invented Superman but with a marvel Symbiote for some reason.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
isnt said KotH episode literally the pilot episode? of course the first episode ever is going to be meh.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Of all the KotH and what each character would vote for, I think the only consistent thing goons say is that Dale is a dumb good boy that wouldnt fall into the latest flavor of stupid.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Asterite34 posted:

Dale canonically never votes, he just heads to Mexico on Election day and does some shopping and waits to see if the government collapses before deciding whether to come back or not. That part...aged distressingly well, actually.

yeah current supply chain crazyness means even getting your xmas shopping done on election day/the 1st week of nov is unrealistic.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I dont understand Boroughs of New York City, but that sounds like a subset of New York City.

But Hank is a NYCer so what the gently caress do I know.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
He respects that woman governor of texas and she was a dem. he just didnt like it when she dated Bill.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
if you wait long enough firefly = bad will become the dominate opinion and therefore saying it is not bad will be transgressive and against the hivemind.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Schubalts posted:

The episode of Stabler's bullshit that still sticks out the most to me is when he stalked a pedophile who was legitimately working to better himself and was keeping his urges under control. Stabler pretended to be a pedophile himself, and kept needling and egging the guy on to start raping kids again, until the guy finally snapped and did kidnap a kid. The guy ended up killing himself by jumping off a building.

It was such a massively lovely thing to do, I'm surprised it wasn't meant to be an opportunity to write Stabler out of the show.

Of course, even after they did write Stabler out of SVU, they ended up giving him his own show and he still has crossover episodes with SVU. :ughh:

I thought guy cop died, i dont even watch the show and this missed opportunity sounds like big enough sin to drat the writers / show people to double or even triple hell.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
apparently Rescue Rangers is a getting a new movie. Wonder if that cult still exist and has opnions on it.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I had no idea that duck canon is a thing, but its not surprising it exists.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Did William Hung make more money than... whoever the hell won season three? Apparently he has fond memories of his music career :kimchi:

Going by a radiolab(??) episode I heard about him, yeah he's okay with his early 00s viral fad status.

well except that one time where he was trying to be a teacher and couldnt get control of the class and the senior teacher flatout told him either get them under control or youre never going to be a teacher. children(teens/HSers?) / students are pychos. :smith:

Also here's his cover of We Are The Champions thats the outro of the npr episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt2P4F4Xi2g

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
So is spider jizz radiation beta or gamma radiation?

seems like using a rubber should have saved MJ is it was alpha or beta loads.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

What’s the point of Batman’s mask leaving his mouth uncovered if he’s not gonna use it?

its for fairness/ being a obvious weakpoint for the half of the Rogues gallery that have gas base attacks/gimmicks.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

The ninja weapon episode is pure kids with weapons after watching dragon ball z

But DBZ doesnt have weapons.

I mean other then that time Gohan had a sword.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
and yet we have some fundie red states doing weird things with child brides in the name of Jeezus.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Fashionable Jorts posted:

one of my managers at a store would only play the "classics" station. A lot of songs from the 60's are about wanting to gently caress underage girls and/or their sister.

huh was the incest fetish always here?

Also Antz was actual Ant Z.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
are toys alive in landfills and garbage dumps.

alive for thousands of years untill their plastic final gives out from the elements and/or microbs finally evolve "hey there's this hydrocarbon polymers here, break that poo poo down for calories."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
didnt they come back as kids (dragon ball wish magic) though?

also for some reason they decided to do shipping with the kid Trunks and Mai even though she's technicially a women in a childs body. though maybe her mind got revert to a kid too because lol wish magics. (also get a wish lawyer to do your wishes, even if the DB dragons dont seem as hostile as genies or other wish granting entities.)