Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

muscles like this! posted:

Also on The Simpsons he really didn't understand the phone call joke and they had to trick him to do it the way they wanted.

Yeah, he straight up refused to say the lines because the joke (it sounds from Bart's end like he's having a conversation with Marge but he's just leaving a voicemail) didn't make sense to him. They ended up just writing the other half of what that conversation would have been and told him they changed it. I'm not sure how they got him to say "they weren't home."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

I AM GRANDO posted:

Being a hispanic nazi also does not seem like a combination for career or really overall longevity.

Yeah can you imagine Spaniards getting into fascism? Absurd!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Dopilsya posted:

Out of curiosity, what makes you say that? I don't know that I've seen anything that implies she's even leans conservative.

I'm not going to post a lmgtfy link or anything, but genuinely just google "Melissa Joan Hart conservative" and you can find a bevy of articles quoting her talking about being conservative, about voting for Dole in 96, about how difficult it was being a conservative in Hollywood, supporting libertarian political candidates, and that her "vocal support of BLM" was a picture of Bill Robinson aka Bojangles and that she replaced it with a bible quote after getting pushback.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Mooseontheloose posted:

I think parents were scared of kids getting labelled and having diagnosis follow them throughout school. I am sure we all remember being labelled a "SPED kid" and how you get put into a different track/getting pulled out of class for the help you recieved.

Our school district now checks for this stuff and has integrated classrooms and it seems like its destigmatized a lot.

My one kid has a gifted IEP in their school, it's a combination of the extra teacher coming into the class to do extra stuff with the gifted kids there and pulling them outas a group occasionally to his classroom.

Their friend works with the gifted teacher and then also goes to the separate IEP classroom, sort of like the leg up room Bart ends up in with the circles of paper. They recognize now that some kids need extra help, some kids need extra learning opportunities to keep them from getting bored, and some kids need both because they're advanced in some areas and behind in others.

I think that's great, it sounds a lot more helpful than what they had when I was a kid which was just like a once-a-week group discussion and photocopies of the day's crossword from the Inquirer.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
PYF: Derail Valley > Media that did not age well: two episodes deal with racism against centaurs

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I was in the backseat of a car with my parents driving around Colorado in the middle of nowhere on vacation and the first radio station we got in hours had an announcer saying something about Prince Charles requesting his ex wife's body be returned to England.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, the absolute best episodes are the ones Darin Morgan worked on (Clyde Bruckman, Jose Chung, Humbug, Quagmire, Small Potatoes), but just behind that are many of episodes the Vince Gilligan worked on (too many great ones to list, but includes the previously mentioned Bad Blood).

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Also there were mammoths alive when the pyramids were built.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Just say folks, or folx if you want it to be more specifically queer.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Captain Monkey posted:

Not sure Australia wants to get into a stone-throwing contest about commonly said words with the US. Or anyone really.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
What about Harvey Birdman or SGCTC?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The way to do it is to do what Leone did in OUATitW, show someone committing horrible villainous acts, then reveal it was someone with incredible charm.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Iggy Pop did a lot of cameos, especially in the 90s. He was a regular on Pete and Pete as well.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

hallo spacedog posted:

Can't believe Michelle Trachtenberg was allowed to be around him tho

I think off stage, and especially by that point in his career, he was just Jim from Michigan, old friend of Dan Erlewine and fan of surfing.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Chrpno posted:

There's a name I did not expect to see here. Are we going after ol' Dusty Dan for a dubious refretting video or something?

No, they're just old buddies. Jim played drums in The Prime Movers with him for a minute, and Dan and his brothers started calling him "Iggy" because he had previously played in a band called The Iguanas.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
They also wrapped the expenses of a few decades worth of failed adaptations of the property into its budget, so it was kind of impossible for it to ever actually make money.

I mean it was also loving garbage and calling "John Carter" was an incredibly stupid marketing decision.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Improbable Lobster posted:

Speaking of things not aging well, didn't WWZ have a merd that became a sword master and a blind monk/samurai as completely unironic characters

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
A lot of sounds in doom were chopped up or slowed down, or occasionally a few different sounds were overlaid, but AFAIK every sound from the original game was from a library. I know that's not true for doom 2 because of Romero's icon of sin intro.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Toshimo posted:

Do we just throw Entrapment in the thread for good measure?

It dependson if you want to play both shides.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I like the one where Lucy is trying to do a commercial and gets I think maybe drunk off the drink? I'm not sure because I don't remember it being an alcohol but she got hosed up.

Also happened to Orson Welles for real.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Mork and Mindy was also a happy days spin off, and they didn't bother explaining why it's not set in the 60s.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
They probably meant GHWB's rumored mistress Jennifer Fitzgerald.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think the plan for the sequel trilogy was too basically exquisite corpse it. Each one knows where the previous one ended and where the next one will begin and then were gonna just do whatever in the middle. Not a great plan!

Johnson wanted to subvert the franchise and the genre but ultimately when star wars works it's very comfortable within the set of conventions and clichés and subverting that just makes a movie that has some star wars window dressing but doesn't really feel like star wars. There are some great ideas and some really great moments, but it's overall kind of a mess.

After the chuds got pissy, the non-chuds were also not thrilled, Disney decided to back track hard. After book of Henry was a loving disaster they also ran as far away from Trevorrow as they could and begged JJ to come back, but also seemingly gave him almost no freedom so he had to write a script very quickly and hit all of Disney's idiotic demands and deal with a star dying and also I think probably really didn't give a gently caress.

Also maybe JJ hated Johnson's stuff and wanted to spite him, but like while JJ isn't a great director he's not usually that bad.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Vandar posted:

NO HE DIDN'T. THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED. That is literally not what happened.

We already knew Palpatine was coming back. He was at the convention that announced the movie and his laugh was at the end of the original trailer.

You want to know what happened in Fortnite? The Millenium Falcon came down, JJ Abrams came out, and showed a clip from the movie. Then he talked about great the movie was going to be, got back in the Falcon, and was chased off by Imperial ships. Then Palaptine's voice came up saying 'THE DAY OF THE SITH IS AT HAND LOL gently caress THE JEDI' and everyone got a lightsaber to fight with.

I get that hating on Fortnite is popular but there's a whole of actual things to complain about with Episode 9, we don't have to believe a lie about what happened in Fortnite if we want to complain about the movie. :argh:

lol what the gently caress is this post?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
No no you see palpatine didn't come back in fortnite, something much more elaborate and cringey happened in fortnite, and then palpatine's voice was broadcast to all players. You see??? He didn't come back in fortnite, they just had him be there without him actually coming back ever!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I wonder if Buscemi's role was added late and entirely because they got Buscemi and he has a serious "this guy is really loving weird and creepy but I also like him" vibe. Make him the weird creep you can't help but love!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I still can't get over ep9 killing chewbacca and then immediately saying nevermind he's fine, and then doing it again with c3po minutes later. The nerve, the sheer unbridled nerve of it!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

oldpainless posted:

It’s ok. Melissa McCarthy does a good job and Chris hemsworth does a great job as the vapid eye candy. It’s over long though and based heavily on nostalgia. I’m 26.

1) more like oldoldless
2) learning people on here were like 12 when they registered makes me feel sad.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Henchman of Santa posted:

It’s Pat is the worst movie I’ve ever seen

Yeah, definitely Tarantino's weakest film.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Tree Bucket posted:

Eventually this will be true for every character

Didn't stop Mr. Burns, Lunchlady Doris, Manjula, Martin, or Sherri and Terri.

Apparently they brought back Bleeding Gums Murphy too?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

I AM GRANDO posted:

Blows my mind that Starscream was the original Mr. Burns. Cartoon history probably would have been really different if he hadn’t overdosed.

EDIT: also apparently Chris Latta was fired from voicing Mr. Burns before he died, probably because the drugs made him hard to work with.

He was also fired from being Moe, but they just fuckin threw his takes away. Supposedly they thought he did a fine job they just all hated working with him so they hired Hank Azaria instead.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Mooseontheloose posted:

I... I didn't even know Mr. Burns had a different voice actor to start. I knew Moe did but thanks thread.

Early Harry Shearer Burns sounds a lot like season 1 Burns.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

DACK FAYDEN posted:

a nwspaper comic

Oh poo poo there's nudity too?

edit

the holy poopacy posted:

One time someone tries to steal Val's stuff while he's skinny dipping and Val gets halfway through drowning him with his bare hands before he goes "hmm, maybe I should talk this guy first"

Ok well guess that solves that

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The giant spider was producer Jon Peters' personal white whale. He wanted it in the Kevin Smith directed Superman movie and also a version of Sandman he was working on. You may also know him as the guy that was married to Pamela Anderson for 12 days or as the guy Bradley Cooper played in Licorice Pizza..

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Mr Interweb posted:

Can't believe a discussion about the Newsroom went on for several pages without this clip being posted until now

This is the first I've seen it and the "sir, I just wanted you and your crew to know..." was literally jaw dropping.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I also think all the people freaking out and speculating there was a terrorist attack is wild because I remember hearing "Obama just announced a press conference an hour from now, he's going to say bin laden was killed" as the immediate and predominant rumor.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think the orders were to take him alive, Mr. Ooo Rah Seal Team 6 just didn't feel like taking orders from... *checks notes* the President.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Rocky has the titular character telling a child she shouldn't talk like a whore because it'll cause her to act like a whore, and Mickey uses a bunch of racial slurs, and the lovable loser Pauly is super abusive to his sister. She gets away from him but Rocky won't let her leave his apartment, physically blocking her. It's pretty gross. I mean fantastic movie but it's all pretty horrible.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Meaty Ore posted:

Was Charles Dance the villain? I thought it was F. Murray Abraham. He killed Mozart, you know.

Wow you're right, gently caress Murray Abraham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Oh the plus side Blackie would have brought his own pyrotechnics for the steel mill scene.