Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Noticed that the Squire is pretty cheap this league so I started thinking about trying to Necro craft a scepter with some influence support mods for an 8L setup, but Craft of Exile doesn't have the "has shaper or elder influence & 200% increased chance of influence mods" corpse available for tinkering

Is there another gravecrafting tool out there that does? Those influence corpses are ~70c a pop so I'm not going to pursue it without getting a better feel for the numbers first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

bawfuls posted:

Noticed that the Squire is pretty cheap this league so I started thinking about trying to Necro craft a scepter with some influence support mods for an 8L setup, but Craft of Exile doesn't have the "has shaper or elder influence & 200% increased chance of influence mods" corpse available for tinkering

Is there another gravecrafting tool out there that does? Those influence corpses are ~70c a pop so I'm not going to pursue it without getting a better feel for the numbers first.

It seems to me like they just double the influence mod chance in their heads and make a guess. Here's a youtube video of a guy making pseudo 8-link influenced helms that may give you some ideas? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBh-J-bWWjw

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Aerox posted:

Double-check your Awakened settings -- I'm pretty sure you have Standard selected as the League and not Necropolis.

Turns out I needed to do this too, thanks.

As an aside, can someone with more deep internet knowledge tell me, should I be concerned by the frog used on their donate link?

Like, is this the nazi frog or a benign frog?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the people have claimed back pepe. nazi status indeterminate, more information needed

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
pepe pretty much just means someone is under 30 and on the internet at this point

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
twitch took the frog back and now there's 6 zillion varieties of frog. My default stance is frog is benign unless it's being used on 4chan.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pepe was 100% reclaimed from the fascist menace

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I am pleased at this development and feel happy for the original creator.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Here's the proper way to 'wait out the ball phase' https://i.imgur.com/LXluS38.mp4

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Traxis posted:

Here's the proper way to 'wait out the ball phase' https://i.imgur.com/LXluS38.mp4

:mods:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ARPG players only want one thing and it's loving disgusting

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

You actually handle the Sirus meteor phase the same way
https://i.imgur.com/OcSJJkl.mp4

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Now I'm tempted to make a Forbidden Rite Pathfinder (I'm strongly leaning towards only doing PFs because flasks are just too loving good in this game)...but maybe I should actually get my last 2 Voidstones before hopping onto a third character.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

whypick1 posted:

Now I'm tempted to make a Forbidden Rite Pathfinder (I'm strongly leaning towards only doing PFs because flasks are just too loving good in this game)...but maybe I should actually get my last 2 Voidstones before hopping onto a third character.

It's a lot of fun, this is my current PoB https://pobb.in/yipOA0dnA4dz

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So this feels a lot better and I'm not being instantly killed anymore:

https://pobb.in/Kktlgf7Ns2gX

still need to fix eldritch enchants but this feels a lot less frustrating

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Traxis posted:

It's a lot of fun, this is my current PoB https://pobb.in/yipOA0dnA4dz

jfc that's an expensive build

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

you have to have tons of the lesser ichors and embers. for now, just throw some on your gloves and boots until you get something, anything, that seems alright. like, i fucken implore you lmao. it's basically free power and it's almost impossible for you to brick the item with them - worst case you get something useless. i think the only thing you would need to roll over because it hurts is physical converted to x on gloves from eater, but anything else either does nothing for you or is good.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

jfc that's an expensive build

And yet no Awakened GMP, smdh

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

that 12 passive cluster on that pathfinder is really smart. practically capping fire res from that and the perma flask. what's super expensive, though? progenesis is, obvi. both large clusters are, particularly the 12 passive one. the rares are good but isn't this the league for good rares? i am not playing enough to actually know, so lemme know what else is driving the price up

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

feel like I should grave craft something but I don't know what because I picked a build with spell suppression and there's no reliable way to craft that with corpses

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

I went on vacation the day the league launched so I'm just starting this evening. I've been sort of keeping up with this thread, and CoC DD Inq sounds like the fun build that's gonna get nerfed into the ground next league, so I might as well start that. Is there a particular version everyone's using that they recommend?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Pretty sure most people have been following this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8yZJHBtiCw

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

whypick1 posted:

Pretty sure most people have been following this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8yZJHBtiCw

Thanks!

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Tested out some Ultimatum since I'd never really done it before. I set up a basic atlas tree without the "Ultimatum is harder for more rewards" nodes. Got absolutely wrecked. My build can facetank a shaper beam but can't make it to wave 10 of Ultimatum.

I did get a raw divine out of one of them, which at least makes up for the cost of the atlas tree respec.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Ultimatum is actually pretty good at the moment, but it needs you to be really tanky compared to most mapper builds, and the fire skulls hit ungodly hard compared to every other negative modifier in the entire thing, I suspect they have a heavy amount of ele pen built in unlike everything else. My build can handle T17s pretty safely at this point and was still able to die in ultimatums if I got lazy before I swapped back to rituals.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 16, 2024

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Eezee posted:

This is going to be a bit tedious on console because you are gonna need to get some scarabs, but there's a very easy way to get to 100 right now.

https://poeplanner.com/a/C8-
with
Domination Scarab of Teachings
Domination Scarab of Abnormality (skip this if you still don't have a 5th slot, but seriously you should really be able to do a t17 by now)
2x Breach Scarab

Skip Breaches and strongboxes until you activate at least 2 shrines and then go to town on everything. That should get you to 100 in a couple of hours with minimal danger. Beyond and Deli would be more XP but they are also a lot more rippy.
Thanks for posting this, it helped me squeeze out a couple levels I needed to shore up defense on the tree. I had to unspec a few map mod effect nodes to make it safe for me but once I got it going it was smooth sailing.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Every time I play this I get a little bit further before I hit the wall of ‘I don’t understand why I’m dying anymore and none of it makes any loving sense’ and give up again.

T17 maps and drowning orbs sure are a load of goddamned bullshit. Maybe next time.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Is there any tool that will scan my stash and tell me if I can make anything worth a drat with all of these corpses I've been hoarding? Current build only has 3 non-unique slots, two of those want spell suppression and the last one wants a just basic life and resistances on a 80div Synth ring base, so nothing I can really craft for myself.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

bawfuls posted:

Thanks for posting this, it helped me squeeze out a couple levels I needed to shore up defense on the tree. I had to unspec a few map mod effect nodes to make it safe for me but once I got it going it was smooth sailing.
Which brings be back to my question for the thread, what should I aim for next to improve this character?

PoB: https://poe.ninja/pob/1Blg

15d available for upgrades now (finding two raw div while breach leveling was nice)

I *think* the answer is probably amulet with dot multi and higher tier suppression on shield+chest so I can use a damage anoint instead of suppression but that still feels like it'll be pretty marginal gains, maybe there's more I missing?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

whypick1 posted:

Is there any tool that will scan my stash and tell me if I can make anything worth a drat with all of these corpses I've been hoarding? Current build only has 3 non-unique slots, two of those want spell suppression and the last one wants a just basic life and resistances on a 80div Synth ring base, so nothing I can really craft for myself.

wealthyexile.com

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Crafting, not selling.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

pork never goes bad posted:

that 12 passive cluster on that pathfinder is really smart. practically capping fire res from that and the perma flask. what's super expensive, though? progenesis is, obvi. both large clusters are, particularly the 12 passive one. the rares are good but isn't this the league for good rares? i am not playing enough to actually know, so lemme know what else is driving the price up

I don't see it either. The wand is expensive but not mandatory, shield and ammy are ~5d or so each, all the other gear looks cheap/easily craftable. It seems like all the tankiness is coming from Doppelganger + Tempered by War + Mahuxotl sheninigans.

Even without Progenesis it's still over 200k EHP with immortal call up. Pretty nice.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
gently caress the Whakawairua Tuahu boss.

That is all.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Yeah I misread a couple things that were 65c as 65d, whoops. (not the flask, which is like 67d)

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

whypick1 posted:

Crafting, not selling.

Oh, sorry. My crafting method is crafting my valuable items into div then crafting those div back into gear boss the two person "trading bench" :V

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Edmond Dantes posted:

gently caress the Whakawairua Tuahu boss.

That is all.

I've told this story before, but this league when I did Whakawairua the rear end in a top hat boss just straight up didn't spawn - I killed the clone shadow thing and immediately got map credit. I thought it was another surprise QoL change, but apparently it didn't happen for anyone else, lol

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

I think I've got one "last hurrah" build in me for this league. I've done Exsang Mines, CoC DD Inquisitor, Ice Nova Hiero. Has anyone seen any interesting builds around or can recommend one? I've got 75d and 3500c~ that I can spend, more if I sell off my Ice Nova gear.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Every time this game starts to make me angry I just switch to my heist/beyond/incursion atlas set and it calms me down. No idea what it is about heist but it's so relaxing. Maybe I just enjoy stealing poo poo.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Hard to get mad when your buddy Huck is there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
i really wanted to make a splitting steel char but i only have 100d and that's the cost of Nimis (what)