Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Encounters III looks like a pain if we have to use Zana for Perandus.

And does Voidspawn of Abaxoth show up without Beyond?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

1337 map bosses. :shibewow:

One excavation and 666 shaped strands

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Sounds like there's still going to be a quest that gives one of your choice though.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

and the claw won! posted:

25 hours

e: and is Procurement still the tool of choice for selling stuff or is there hot new technology in the last couple years?

Premium stash tabs is the hot new technology of the last couple years. You can set them as public and list items from them in-game. Still need poe.trade to see other people's listings though.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

32 map bosses defeated and I'm still on act 8. I guess Maligoro and everything he summoned counts?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

eonwe posted:

I'm nearly 50 with searing ray and its fun but I feel like my gear must be awful

except I don't really know a good way to regear, a lot of what I picked is becaus of the gem links

At least two of my current (L64) gear pieces were made with an orb of binding and "it's basically impossible for the new item to get worse mods than the one I already have"

But my boots are still some magic thing I found in like act 2.

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 6, 2017

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

btw get a decoy totem for bosses

Yes, I've not got to maps yet but I've been surprised how many story bosses are pretty much trivialised by decoy totem.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

I know that Orbs of Binding were just introduced, and they apparently can only be got by shards from Harbys. Still, should I hang on to these for trade later on?

I'd just use them, they're for levelling. If you want to take a stash of them to Standard you can buy them back later.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Even with okay resists I found the start of act 6 a bit of a difficulty jump, and it got easier later.

Partly just because I didn't appreciate at first just how deadly the scorching ray totems are.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Double Bill posted:

I'm in the epilogue now, so capping resistances is probably the priority again? Or is life more important in maps?

Cap resists first. But do both.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

2.6: Man, it's annoying having to stop mapping to complete some prophecy

3.0: Now you have to do it on Normal-equivalent so it's even more pointless.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Kytrarewn posted:

Another option, though, is Iron Will. Character's got pretty absurd strength (250ish) for a spellcaster due to travelling to all of those life nodes, so why not put that to use. Would that be a better use of the final socket than elem focus since even if ignite isn't the primary focus, there is an awful lot of fire damage through triggers and whatnot, so ignite may add up. Would that be a better option?

Easiest way to tell is to import your character into Path of Building and play around with the various possibilities.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Kytrarewn posted:

I have the char in PoB, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to change skill links and have it reflected in the average hit, either in calcs or just in the skills tab.

I go to the link in question and swap things around, but nothing happens to the stats.

Do you have spare copies of your primary skill socketed somewhere? Sometimes the wrong one gets chosen in the dropdown menu.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Sillybones posted:

Every now and then I get item drops that have T0 rolls on them as if they were made by essences. Where are they coming from?

There's a bunch of new hybrid mods like "life+armour". If you got that and also the old "life" one, then it would look the same to the item macro as an excessively good life roll and a crappy armour roll.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Argh, decisions.... I want to drop $60 on a supporter pack, and the outlaw armour set is way better looking than the harbinger one but doesn't come with a cool tiger.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I got the tiger. It is a very good tiger. And the armour is at least significantly better than the tabula I'm using to level this guy.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

How much DPS does it take to do a breachlord? I know if I don't have enough I wont be able to keep the breach open long enough, but I don't know how much that is. Path of Building says I have about 40k RF DPS and 17k first-stage scorching ray.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Dennis McClaren posted:

What do the jewel slots on the passive tree offer you? What do they do?

You can find/buy jewels to put in them them. They can be much better than a normal passive.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Am I an idiot for using Forbidden Taste?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Dely Apple posted:

So Atziri is immune to things like Burning, meaning SR doesn't work on her, I guess? I don't want to use the tokens to find out she laughs at my sad beam.

She's immune to Ignite (the status effect most commonly applied by fire crits), but not to Burning (as applied by Scorching Ray and Righteous Fire). You'll be fine.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

drat, reddit goes above and beyond any expectations on the peak whinery with respect to the trading system.

I'll have you know I've spent over $2k on this game and put in thousands of hours and I'm quitting forever because I spent 10 minutes trying to buy a tabula for 12c instead of messaging someone selling at 14c.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

If they do fix trading, I hope they keep the thing where if you underprice an item you get a million whispers. That way a newbie can learn that they've underpriced something instead of having no clue at all that it happened.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Azran posted:

Okay, I need your help on this one guys.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/_AXARCA_/characters

My AvionDelChapecoense character is doing kinda bad in maps - she has Not Good DPS and survivability, and I want to know what can I do/buy to improve. What should I aim for? I haven't had an upgrade drop in a LONG time (at least not one with the right sockets).

There are a bunch of circles on your tree that you could save a lot by cutting. I don't know where you want to go to next so some of this advice may not be quite right but:
* If you connect the strength node under Warrior's Blood you can free up the 8 stat nodes above Born to Fight
* You can kill the three dex nodes above the leech cluster
* You don't need the three strength nodes to the right of Bloodless

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm trying out a Flicker Strike build for the first time. It's fun and seems strong but now I have headache.

Zenithe posted:

I'm at the point where I have to manually swap out my auras every time I log in or die and it's annoying.

I swap aura buttons and then finish by putting my golem there even if I have free slots, because accidentally deactivating an aura in combat is super annoying.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I stopped leveling CWDT and links after it got to about half my health, but you could probably just not level it at all since immortal call barely gets anything from levels (like a tenth of a second or something?)

It gets nothing at all from levels unless you're spending endurance charges, in which case a L20 one will give you about 0.2seconds extra per charge compared to a L1 one.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

NofrikinfuN posted:

When will GGG offer me a tab where I can stack all the dumb offerings and sacrifice shards? I never got a Midnight and I'm considering tossing 90% of them. It feels like the Vaal Orb recipe should be 7 sacrifices to one Vaal gem instead of the other way around. At least when I get too many maps I can transmute them into new maps.

You can run non-midnight sacrifices in your map device to maybe get a midnight.

I just have a normal tab for "things that go in a map device but aren't maps"

e: or "went in a map device", offerings are there.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

McFrugal posted:

You know what DOESN'T make sense with PoE right now? The changes to how Ignite works. If you use a physical attack that converts to fire, none of your +phys support gems will boost your ignite's damage, despite them boosting how much fire damage you do. The approach they made to poison kindof works since most of the ways you can increase physical damage increase both poison and bleed damage as well... yet Multistrike does not reduce poison damage per hit so it winds up being a huge multiplier! I expect most people new to the game would not notice that.

They removed double dipping yet made things MORE confusing. Ailments should inherit all the tags of your attack that affect the matching damage type, just like damage conversion with hits. Without double dipping even being possible this isn't a problem, so the added restrictions are honestly just arbitrary. Is it even possible to get workable damage out of ignite from something other than Flameblast?

Yeah, if they just make ailment damage work the same as conversion, it'd make far more sense. Right now if you ignite from a converted phys hit I have no idea what actually is the "base" damage (like, does it include +phys and +%phys on the weapon? How about +phys on your ring?). A conversion-like method would also avoid having to clutter up the skill tree with "+10% sword damage. Also +10% sword ailment damage because those are independent now".

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

awesmoe posted:

it does, I'm giving myself oos holding down shift almost all the time.
I have shield charge on lmb and I want the exact opposite behaviour of what we've got now - i want to charge from where I am by default, unless I hold a modifier in which case I want to walk places

If you don't want to faff about with numlock trickery, rebinding attack in place to spacebar makes it much more comfortable to use than holding down shift.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Did something change about Stacked Decks? I've never found any before except in Putrid Cloister, but this evening I found two in random maps.

Also, does it make a difference where you are when you turn it into a worthless divination card?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

dyzzy posted:

Don't think it matters.

Thanks, good to know that it doesn't matter where I go to claim my carrion crows.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Also have an Onslaught gem as part of your Tablula 6L, that speeds you up a fair bit since you'll be one-shotting most stuff anyway.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

McFrugal posted:

I wonder how they're going to do expansions now that the main storyline is complete? Multiple endgame epilogues? Like you can do maps, OR this other area with quests in it?

I'd guess the December expansion is mostly going to be new and/or revamped maps incorporating versions of the bosses they added in 3.0

After that there'll be an expansion where you have to grind to get four things to put in your map device.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Bah. Cadiro's offering me a shavs for 9000ish coins and since everyone's about the life this league it's not worth taking.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Betty posted:

After playing too much D3 and finally picking up this game I'm sad I didn't start sooner because it's so much better... I've got my first character to 69 and have been lucky enough to find two exalted orbs, which I'm guessing I should just cash in for lots of chaos orbs and start building up some decent gear for mapping? I thought exalted orbs we're supposed to be pretty rare or is that kinda normal to find a couple while leveling?

Yeah you want to cash them in. And you did get lucky.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Zephro posted:

Flicker strike stops for nothing

But has to backtrack the entire map to get the loot

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Oh wow that thing just told me I have a div card worth over 200c.

Currency Cop is worth its weight in chaos.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Idly setting it to look at my standard stash....

Are old-style tropical island maps really worth like 12ex or is it just that someone has one somewhere with a ridiculous buyout that nobody will ever pay? How do you search for those anyway, poe.trade doesn't seem to have an option for "item is prehistoric"?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

As a terrible softcore scrub, I hope you keep your auras when you die, not just log out.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

NofrikinfuN posted:

Wouldn't this open up a bug where you could reserve 100% of your health with blood magic, effectively hardcoring your character?

The game won't let you reserve 100% of your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I just beat the guardians for the first time ever. It was pretty rough though, I died three or four times to each on white or morally-white maps.

Am I remotely ready to take on shaper or should I be able to take on the guardians easily before I try?

And what's with the Chimera's summons? I died repeatedly to them but I could facetank Chimera himself.