Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I've played enough RT axe cyclone slayers. This time I'm going to shake things up radically. I think I'm going to roll an RT mace cyclone slayer

I've many build ideas I'd like to try for a change but I love the Duelist's voice lines and I've got to hear what he has to say in the new acts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
The Necromancer's Commander of Darkness skill now grants 3% increased Attack and Cast Speed to you and Allies per aura (down from 5%), and 30% increased Damage for you and Allies affected by your Auras (instead of 10% increased Damage for you and Allies per aura).

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Can I get an invite for FaustianBargain, thanks

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
I'm in a queue now

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Wow Act 8's final boss fight was rad as hell, incredible

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Ciaphas posted:

My RT Sunder Slayer (named CiaphasSpinAndWin because I thought I'd be Cycloning :v:) is trucking along really well. He can completely murder anything T12 and below, T13 and T14 with some care, and T15 and T16 with lots of map mod curation.

I generally know what needs to be upgraded--more life, higher pDPS weapon, qual up my flasks and gems, get hold of six links--but I'm not sure what's going to get me the most bang for my buck first. I've only got about probably 75c left to work with right now. I'd like to make an attempt on Shaper sometime tomorrow--er, today agh gently caress where does the time go. Any suggestions?

Getting the Bloodless notable with my next level but from there I'm not sure if I should invest in more life and armour via Marauder start, grab that jewel slot below Duelist start, grab those axe nodes in Duelist, or what. I'm leaning toward life right now but we'll see after item upgrades--sitting at 4.7k right now.

I would re-spec the three non-life nodes between Butchery and Barbarism (to the left of Marauder start) and complete the Juggernaut and Bloodless wheels with them. After that, as you said, grab the duelist axe node, Marauder life nodes (except the 1st node when looking from Marauder), the two Jewel sockets and the +1 frenzy node in no particular order. Try to get int somewhere on your gear so you can drop the +30 node.

You could drop Essence Worm and Arctic Armor for a steel/iron ring with a flat phys roll and life, or a Ming's Heart. I'm also skeptical of Iron Reflexes with only a few hybrid ar+ev pieces to convert.

You also have the option of putting your Warchief in a 4-link (drop FA) and buying a Kaom's Heart. You'd drop your CDWT and cast golem manually. edit: this will gently caress up your resists :v:

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Aug 20, 2017

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Azran posted:

Okay, I need your help on this one guys.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/_AXARCA_/characters

My AvionDelChapecoense character is doing kinda bad in maps - she has Not Good DPS and survivability, and I want to know what can I do/buy to improve. What should I aim for? I haven't had an upgrade drop in a LONG time (at least not one with the right sockets).

Gear aside, your passive skill tree pathing is very inefficient. When you are planning to make a new character, consult a guide or this thread, even.

Here's a skeleton of my preferred Duelist/Marauder phys melee build pathing adapted to 2h Axe Scion, at your level range. https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAM8ACRAA...a2NRrfTbwAAAAAA

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Azran posted:

Oh, alright. I am following a guide, though! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/847200 I'll use your pathing instead :)

Huh. Well I personally disagree with many of his choices :v: Anyway I only just noticed that you're melee/Spec Throw hybrid so for one don't spec into the melee damage nodes at scion start in my tree, those wouldn't apply to ST. In any case with the trees being very different you don't have to spend all your currency on regrets to change it; I'm no expert on ST builds anyway and the tree I gave you is meant for melee builds like Cyclone or Sunder even though it does work with your ST build. But don't be discouraged, every expert here has made a ton of messed up characters both skill and gear-wise before they got the hang of things.

By the way, it's okay to take resistance nodes if you need them, like Diamond Skin (+15% all resists to the left of the Marauder start) is only +2 points in my tree. Preferably, you'll pick up gear with resists on it and won't need any on your passive tree, but that's only ideally.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Vasudus posted:

I feel bad for the poor arena janitors.

How do you like that build? I like building duelists and I'm intrigued by that bleedbow.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
After spending my leagues playing cyclone slayer, cyclone berserker, cyclone raider and cyclone trickster, I think I want to try something new for 3.1.

Did that 3.0 Lioneye's Bleed Bow build you made amount to anything in the end, Vasudus? I really like the idea of Lioneye's bow Slayer. If not, maybe I'll make a caustic arrow build or something. The phantasm ranger support looks fun though.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
While you're at it could you please invite Wild_At_Heart , thanks :v:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Vasudus posted:

My bow Slayer was fantastic fun, and could do everything in the game. It was also insanely good at lab running.

Oh, okay. I remember punching it into PoB and the numbers looking pretty bad. I guess I'll have to take your word for it and try it :v:

3.1 unfortunately bricks witchfire brew.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

euphronius posted:

After last night I again wonder again about the value of so closely interacting with internet nerds. What did it help to post all that on Reddit. They could have just released the info and moved on.

Pleasing the whales

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Devor posted:

When using Ngamahu's with Cyclone, does the cyclone skill want to be linked to anything? I know most of the damage comes from the Molten Burst, but it seems like faster attacks or something would make the Bursts faster.

Does Cyclone really want to be single-socketed?

Faster Attacks, Fortify, Melee Phys, WED, Inc AoE / Conc

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Vasudus posted:

Someone link me a good Nghamu guide and/or character to build off of, please. I've never done one before.

It's my first time playing Ngamahu but I've built different cycloners in every league except one since Warband so I'm not exactly new to this. Here's my traditional Slayer Ngama PoB pastebin, some people I hear are building a CoMK Cremate variant or something. You can obviously build this as a Berserker with a few passive swaps if you're so inclined.

https://pastebin.com/4gp6BHcN

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
With the new MTX out; are Pizza Sticks still a thing? Or is it simply outclassed by GC totems/mines?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Pokemon league looks interesting compared to the Step Into a Mob Spawner and New Currencies leagues we've had

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Well, crit TECJUGG it is for 3.2. But will it be staff or facebreaker is the question.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Can I get a goon guild invite for Cyclone_Ben_Garrison

tia

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
I'm having a hard time choosing what to play. Does anybody have a build / experience with the new Scourge Arrow? I know everyone seems to diss the skilll right now but I want to like it. Also people say that it has good single-target damage?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Can I get a goon guild invite for Cyclone_Ben_Garrison?

TIA

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

TheRat posted:

Think I've caught up with all the invites, let me know if you're still missing one

Seems like my post was overlooked, can I get an invite for Cyclone_Ben_Garrison, thanks.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN

Devor posted:

Anyone have a Herald of Agony build they really like? I gather the single target is pretty decent on it, and I'm really not feeling the playstyle of Storm Brand with such a weak-sauce primary skill.

Made it to white maps so far with this. It's been a blast, swapped to claw HoAg at level 57, leveled as smite + HoP until that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Can I get a guild invite for Cyclone_Ben_Garrison, please?