Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
And you're just now starting to get the hang of it too! :haw:

<------ North of 2000 and still haven't :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You'll probably want to update it for the Harbinger currency items and unique shards.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Wild Strike

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

One of you plays Necromancer support (get Commander of Darkness, pack as many auras as you can) and the other plays literally anything else.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

TheRat posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SullenInquisitiveNigiriTF2John

*In server admin voice* "There will be death. Server death."

Wrong thread duder

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Elentor posted:

He means that a PUBG streamer talking good about PoE means that a shitload of people will play PoE.

I saw something that was definitely not PoE being played and figured it was a mis-post.

I should just stop clicking on Twitch links.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You can either do that or build up a path around the nodes you want to refund until you get 2 unbroken paths then refund those nodes.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Morte :colbert:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Trickster is also +1 Power +1 Frenzy now

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

3.0 Markov Chain patch notes are out:

quote:

You can now be found in The Fall of Oriath
Fixed a bug where you could force other players into a chat channel.
The Hellions in Prisoner's Gate have come down with an infinite duration.
Fixed a bug which could cause incorrect behaviour.
Fixed a possible source of Fortify, not just Vigilant Strike.
Item filters can now use it much more quickly.
Slaying Hillock will guarantee that he drops a three-socket, three-colour starter weapon for your friends.
Physical Projectile Attack Damage support now also uses pathfinding to determine where the item dropped.
A sound is now a single ten-act playthrough.
Added a new economy.
Ice Spear now has 3-5% Chance to Ignite.
Ears, No Stone Unturned, Locomancer and No Loose Ends have been moved closer to the Endgame Labyrinth.
Kinetic Blast can no longer flee.
DirectX11 is now 30% (up from 3%)
The Waypoint in The Ebony Barracks has been reduced to 100%.
Dreadwheel monsters can now use PlayAlertSoundPositional rather than more Trap damage at level 1, rather than PlayAlertSound to play Path of Exile 3.0.0
All Prophecies, Hideouts, Forsaken Masters and Labyrinth trials have been disabled.
All of your old characters and items are still present in the Cruel Labyrinth.
Nessa's model has been renamed Shrieker.
The Divination Card Stash Tab now loads the card art in the middle of a benefit for fire characters.
We've made this change to the sewers.
Fixed a bug where Lightning Warp remote mine could prevent you from interacting with NPCs.
Fixed a bug where monsters could turn to a gateway in Japan to play Path of Exile's story.
Puncture and Viper Strike now have a hidden damage multiplier that would cause spontaneous hair growth or a 4-linked rare item.
Bleeding doesn't do extra damage while the target is stationary, making it a more versatile source of desync with Blink Arrow and Mirror Arrow.
Fire Traps's damage over time and pierce have been buffed, bringing them on par with the Bandits have been renamed Port.
Bleeding and Poison are now 'Left-click' and 'Right-click'.
Removed the Cruel Labyrinth, the Merciless Labyrinth, you must complete the Cruel Labyrinth, you must use this before allocating or refunding any other waypoint..
+15% to all attacks (not just melee)
Puncture's description has been reduced to 35%
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
The Join button for races would not remove the buffs being granted by Headhunter.
Eramir grants 2 Passive Skill Points if you receive a whisper while it is enraged is now more rewarding.
The Dying Exile's voice acting has been updated. The functionality remains unchanged.
Players who want to change their bandit reward choice will have immediate access to maps.
Bleeding doesn't do extra damage while the weapon is in the Cruel and Merciless difficulty levels.
Fixed a bug where Berek's Respite could cause the UI to display in your hideout.
You can no longer exist.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/892199168902438914

The voice ones are...weird.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

And for those of you who are lazy, Power charge's increased critical remains, but at 40%. Frenzy charge's more global damage remains.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

AggressivelyStupid posted:

can the new loot filter sounds be used to make my game yell orb every time an orb drops?

Enough IIQ in a map and a Bosco's you might get "OrbOrbOrbOrbOrb"

Also, another TFF'er in my PoE thread?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

frajaq posted:

That's cool!

Can I get an invite for Zvengal ?

Is that your account name or character name? Need the latter.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I haven't played this game in like a year but want to get in on the amount of game content being doubled, but first I have to know if there's a gem yet that will let me turn into a bear

With enough :10bux: you can turn any character into a bear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahox_hwHDRo

(There aren't any shape-shifting skills in the game)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

A+ avatar/post combo

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yeah, I went through that bullshit yesterday (really just currency/essences/cards).

Could use those expanded currency tabs though.

And also a "just vendor all this poo poo" button.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Tulip posted:

So I'm trying to get some new players into this with 3,0; what are some common newbie pitfalls to be ready for, from a teaching standpoint?

Get more life than you think you need
If you use attacks, don't forget about accuracy
Resistances, resistances, resistances
(Try to) always pack a Staunching flask

Unlucky7 posted:

Everyone says to figure out what keystones you want and go for them, but all the keystones are varying degrees of sucks :(

Care to expand on this?

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 1, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

I think it may be because I am planning a melee focused build, but they either do nothing for the character I am planning to build or has an annoying sounding caveat. Which I suppose is the point but I can't really figure out which one I would like.

That being said, taking another look now, Resolute Technique sounds like something I could use. Resolute Technique and Iron Reflexes too if I am sure I would be tanky enough.

Yes, the point of the Keystones is to have some sort of associated drawback. For melee, RT and IR are very popular choices (Unwavering Stance as well). If you're not going crit, RT is almost a no-brainer since it completely lets you ignore accuracy. If you're not using Evasion as your primary mitigation stat, then IR and US make sense as you can use hybrid AR/EV gear and possibly get higher total armor and you can use said armor to shrug off the extra hits you'll be taking while enjoying never getting stunlocked.

Chaos Innoculation is another good example. Complete immunity to chaos damage (the hardest one to cap and the one most likely to show up as DoT, which means armor/evasion/block are useless), but with only 1 life you need to really invest into ES and also deal with ailments and stun that are based on % of effective life. If you can make the additional investment to deal with the drawbacks, the upsides are great.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

It was introduced with Breach but is not Breach exclusive, hence the confusion.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Little write-up on how the game got started

quote:

“We want people to play the game for ten years. And we already have players who are entering their sixth year, so that’s working well,” says Wilson.

Oh god...that's almost me.... :corsair:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

September 5, 2011

This was before maps were even in the game :stonk:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/892538270776672256
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/892538369812471808

Those two + Whispering Ice = profit?

vvv Ha! Beaten

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

quote:

In item filters, you can now use PlayAlertSoundPositional rather than PlayAlertSound to play a positional version (the sound comes from where the item dropped).
Added a warning message when attempting to put a Labyrinth Enchantment on an item that already has an implicit mod (as it will overwrite that mod).
You are now warned before leaving the Labyrinth without using the Altar of Ascendancy.

Nice

quote:

The Hellions in Prisoner's Gate have come down with an irreversible case of Scary Face.

lol

quote:

Added a new Zana quest to help guide players into the Atlas.

Was this not in beta?

quote:

The Ancient Rivalries chain can no longer be obtained from Navali. Existing chains can still be completed. The Hinekora's Sight unique amulet now has a small chance to drop from any enemy spawned by a Prophecy.

:rip:

quote:

Caustic Arrow's damage over time grows more quickly as it levels, up to 765 base Chaos damage per second at gem level 20 (up from 550.3). It is also now modified by projectile damage modifiers.

Maybe this skill will actually be usable again

quote:

Righteous Fire now deals 20% less damage to enemies at all levels. You now deal 20% more spell damage while Righteous Fire is active with a level 1 Righteous Fire gem (down from 40% more spell damage), up to 39% more spell damage at gem level 20 (down from 58% more spell damage).
Scorching Ray's damage has been reduced by 15% at level 1, down to 25% less damage at level 20. Scorching Ray now does not lock onto targets if you are holding your standing-attack key.

Ooof

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Aug 2, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Awesome! posted:

"Added new darkshrine effects designed specifically for the Labyrinth, all of which positively affect the run in some way. All of the previous darkshrine effects have been disabled."

so darkshrines are actually always good now?

Yep

And as I'm still reading this novel:

quote:

The Shaper now prevents players from opening portals while fighting him. Zana has 50% more life during the Shaper encounter. The grace period when re-entering the Shaper encounter mid-fight has been reduced to 3 seconds.

Sounds like Shaper services might take a hit, but yay for Zana being tougher to kill

quote:

Added 15 Grandmasters to the Hall of Grandmasters and replaced 2 existing Grandmasters with updated versions. Balance changes to charges, ailments, damage over time and pierce have been propagated out to the Grandmasters. Several Grandmasters have been adjusted as a result of these balance changes.

Guessing that Aegis Aurora bastard is still there :argh:

quote:

Porcupine Goliaths in maps now have a 70% chance to release spikes on death (down from 100%).

Cool

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Bob NewSCART posted:

Oh poo poo this is really close to releasing. I haven't paid attention to the beta like at all, where the gently caress can I read a huge massive list of all the stuff coming in 3 or 2?? days

Uh, the patch notes that were literally just linked?

Pollyzoid posted:

I don't see Cyclone getting more melee range when leveled listed :(
Hopefully they did implement it and just forgot to list it.

quote:

Cyclone's additional melee range now applies to unarmed attacks. Cyclone now also uses pathfinding to determine where the skill will take the player (as opposed to moving in a direct line). Cyclone's description has been updated.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Think quite a few people here are going to roll with that build to start. A few pages back someone said how to level with it until you get the helm (which won't be the most expensive thing in the world, but probably not something you're going to be able to trade for on day 1 or 2).

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

soscannonballs posted:

"Herald of Ash's secondary effect no longer ignites. Instead, enemies near slain enemies are burned based on the overkill damage. The description on Herald of Ash has been updated to properly reflect what it does." Does this mean the new Ignite Prolif gem won't work with HoA?

Correct

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yeah. They've definitely beefed up minions since then. Couple leagues so they were actually viable to use from the start.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

DON'T get it as a crit inquisitor. Inevitable Judgment doesn't lower resistances, it simply ignores them, so EE won't give it any benefit.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Fooma posted:

Going to try this game out for the first time once this new patch hits. I love super crit builds in these types of games. Is there a class/build that's just a flurry of big crit numbers?

Assassin. He's all about crits. Not quite as strong in the upcoming patch (they nerfed how much flat chance to crit he can provide along with how much increased crit chance Power Charges provide), but if you want to Crit All the Things your first time through, pretty obvious choice.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Kild posted:

Spectres and Zombies and Golems are all good.

Well, Golems pretty much require the Primordial jewels in order to be your primary, right?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

funmanguy posted:

Edit: Hey blazer, what do you think about only having 1 guild stash tab for active gems and 1 for supports instead of 3 of each for each color? with the vendor in act 3 it seems like we could do something better with that space.

Hell, I wouldn't even bother with the active tab since there's the town vendor in A5 who sells everything.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

Realtalk I would use the gstash 100 times more often if I could click spam poo poo in there. GGG please.

I seem to recall them saying they can't really do this because they need to synchronize the gstash across all the servers, hence the delay when you drop something in and when it actually shows up in gstash.

vvv I've certainly clicked on the gstash instead of my own stash enough times to believe this.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 3, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

euphronius posted:

So about 25 hours ?

There's a countdown on their website

and the claw won! posted:

25 hours

e: and is Procurement still the tool of choice for selling stuff or is there hot new technology in the last couple years?

Used to use Procurement, but it seems almost pointless now with Public stash tabs being a thing.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That's the only reason I've used Procurement as of late.

Seriously GGG, why can't I search my entire stash at once in-game?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

does this shield charge change:

mean that whatever my bleed dps in PoB is will be exactly the same as it is in game, regardless or charge length? if so, big thumbs down from this guy

The tl;dr on the DoT changes is that buffs to the source damage type no longer buff the resulting DoT, just buffs to the DoT itself. The Shield Charge change aligns it to those DoT changes.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Do I just need to give any one of my previous characters names to get in the guild or do you need what I'm going to name my character for Harbinger league?

As long as its a character that currently exists, the former.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1 posted:

There's a countdown on their website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Shaper/Uber would be nice since I've not done either thus far. Not going to kill myself getting to 36 since I don't like any of the rewards tbh.